Windows 10: After Windows most recent update, unable to rfesize some program panes

Discus and support After Windows most recent update, unable to rfesize some program panes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have lost some functionality with this latest Windows update KB2553347. On about one third of the programs I use the most, I am now UNABLE to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stu K, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Stu K Win User

After Windows most recent update, unable to rfesize some program panes

I have lost some functionality with this latest Windows update KB2553347.

On about one third of the programs I use the most, I am now UNABLE to resize the window pane for that program by clicking on the resize icon in the upper right of the pane, or by clicking the pane head and dragging it a fraction of an inch. If I do either of these, the pane converts to a tiny bar with either the flat line, the full pane symbol or the "X". In otherwords, it toggles between full on, and completely reduced - no in between.

If I want to resize the window, I have no other option but to click and drag the pane off the screen, and let Windows resize it for a split screen.

I have seen where some people have suggested turn off the tablet feature, which I have done - with no improvement in functionality.

I have also seen where some people also said to turn off the ability of Windows to automatically decide with mode (Desktop / Tablet) it should be in - with no improvement in functionality.

After both of these changes, I have rebooted the machine - no improvement in functionality.

I have also uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled both programs - no improvement in functionality.

And because some of these programs are older, I have also tried using compatibility mode - no improvement in functionality.

What is strange to me is that ever since Windows 3.1, one has always been able to resize a window. Now, after this latest "better functionality" update, I have lost one of the core functions that has always been there.

:)

Stu K, Sep 13, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User

Windows 7 Preview Pane

I'm not sure about the window pane view but, I think Xvid is causing WMP to crash. Find the most recent Xvid codec release and install that, as it should stop WMP crashing.

CoverterLite probably installed a dodgy version of Xvid.

DRDNA, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Sep 13, 2019
  4. After Windows most recent update, unable to rfesize some program panes

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

After Windows most recent update, unable to rfesize some program panes

1. After Windows most recent update, unable to rfesize some program panes - Similar Threads - recent update unable

2. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  3. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  4. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after most recent update: Firstly, I'm not the most computer savvy, but windows forced an update on me today and things seem very wrong with my computer now. Not even sure which subreddit I should be in for help so I'm trying a few. New update kept taking over, full-screen asking to either update now...
  6. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  7. Updated to the most recent windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to the most recent windows update: I updated to the most recent windows update and I keep on getting the bsod for random reasons each time. I've ran the scannow and verify to make sure there are no bad drivers. I've reinstalled my amd drivers. Nothing is overclocked either. It's exactly the same way it was...
  8. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...
  9. windows deactivated after most recent update

windows deactivated after most recent update: Windows 10 pro came with my old laptop and i accidentally dropped it and cracked the screen. My friend had a laptop sitting at his house and it was stuck in the bios because the hdd was faulty, so i took it and put my hdd in it. It booted up without any issues and i decided...
  10. Some text in Some apps are blury since most recent update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some text in Some apps are blury since most recent update.: I've fixed a few apps by running the 'compatibility' under properties. But this is a one at a time solution. this wasn't an issue before latest update. running nvidia geforce as my graphic card - latest driver update - and i just realized ITS text is blury none of...