Windows 10: After windows reinstall, my laptop is so messed up

Discus and support After windows reinstall, my laptop is so messed up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to do 2 windows reinstalls after really poor performance. Since then, I can't configure my laptop to perform anywhere near normal. I find when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Slamina, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Slamina Win User

After windows reinstall, my laptop is so messed up

I had to do 2 windows reinstalls after really poor performance. Since then, I can't configure my laptop to perform anywhere near normal. I find when I hook up with ethernet, it runs much better and even after unplugging the ethernet it will run ok for awhile but then back to the errors and pages not loading, can't get to my email. The errors I get most often are, error_connection_reset and we can't connect to your internet. This is getting really frustrating and even affecting my Iphone. I've chatted with microsoft support and they give me the same troubleshooting steps in command prompt which does no good. I've called my internet provider and they referred me to Dell. WTH?? With covid, I don't want to take this anywhere or have anyone come in. I realize this is a poor explanation of the issues but there are so many. I did find a Trojan a few days ago but caught that. My 1st infection since 2014.

What all could be going on? It's either something very simple or extremely complex

Win/10 Version 20H2

Dell Inspiron 15

IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz

Ram 6.0GB 5.87usable

:)

Slamina, Nov 23, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 23, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond After windows reinstall, my laptop is so messed up :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 23, 2020
  4. After windows reinstall, my laptop is so messed up

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

After windows reinstall, my laptop is so messed up

1. After windows reinstall, my laptop is so messed up - Similar Threads - reinstall laptop messed

2. Why is my Display Messing up after Reinstalling Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Display Messing up after Reinstalling Windows 11: Context: Computer wasn't updating at all and after exhausting all possible solutions I felt that I had not choice but to reinstall windows. I also had to re-seat the GPU because my computer wasn't recognizing it but the issue related to updating was fixed.The problem: Every...
  3. Why is my Display Messing up after Reinstalling Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Display Messing up after Reinstalling Windows 11: Context: Computer wasn't updating at all and after exhausting all possible solutions I felt that I had not choice but to reinstall windows. I also had to re-seat the GPU because my computer wasn't recognizing it but the issue related to updating was fixed.The problem: Every...
  4. my keyboard on my laptop is messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard on my laptop is messed up: ok so my key board is kinda messed up my esc key dont work also 5,6 dont work and g,v dont work nor does left ctrl work please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-on-my-laptop-is-messed-up/2f014a53-d22e-42b3-88fa-b43c952e5521
  5. my keyboard on my laptop is messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my keyboard on my laptop is messed up: ok so my key board is kinda messed up my esc key dont work also 5,6 dont work and g,v dont work nor does left ctrl work please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-on-my-laptop-is-messed-up/2f014a53-d22e-42b3-88fa-b43c952e5521
  6. my keyboard on my laptop is messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My gamma setting is messed up even after reinstalling graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    My gamma setting is messed up even after reinstalling graphics drivers: Hello. Several months ago, my cat sat on my keyboard and somehow changed my gamma setting in a way that I have been unable to properly reset it. Using calibrate display colour, I am able to fix it, but as soon as I restart my PC, go into sleep mode or even open a game, it...
  8. My laptop keyboard is messed up

My laptop keyboard is messed up: My laptop keyboard is messed up and I don't know what to do. When I press /a/ it would type /43ex/ and when I press any other key it would type some 3 digits words and numbers like /5gt/ or something like that....
  9. Reinstalled windows and it kinda messed up my fan

Reinstalled windows and it kinda messed up my fan: Hello so recently I reinstalled windows on my one month old asus vivobook 15 A512DA variant and I realised the fan noise on my laptop has become louder before the reinstallation. Can anyone please help me with this I've tried every method ik to fix it and it's still not...
  10. th2 installation is so messed up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    th2 installation is so messed up: So I had a good installation, no problems, sfc was fine. Then I get the update for th2 via windows update. It downloads fine., but gets an error after the download saying to try later. So I restore from a backup and use the media creator to update windows keeping files. That...