Windows 10: After windows update 11/12th October I seem to have lost my sound device !

Discus and support After windows update 11/12th October I seem to have lost my sound device ! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sorry I'm not very computer savvy, but last night when I logged out I got the usual, don't shut down as windows had updates available. When I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StuartHodgson2, Oct 12, 2018 at 11:02 AM.

1. StuartHodgson2 Win User

After windows update 11/12th October I seem to have lost my sound device !

Sorry I'm not very computer savvy, but last night when I logged out I got the usual, don't shut down as windows had updates available. When I have just logged in, usual delay to configure updates. however when the laptop did come on line there was no sound! On checked best I could it states - No Sound Device Fitted! Has this happened before, anything that can rectify (Simple) this problem?

:)

StuartHodgson2, Oct 12, 2018 at 11:02 AM
  2. SujataMoktan Win User

Lost sound after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. Sorry to know that you’re facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you. I suggest you to follow few methods given below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:
    I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    Restart the computer after its uninstalled. Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

3. Xelvania Win User
    No sound after Windows 10 Update 11/3/2017

Just as the title suggests, I have no sound. I have gone through all the basic troubleshooting steps that one would think could be plausible. Like checking my volume mixer, making sure nothing is set to 0. Like checking if my correct playback device was selected and on default. Nothing is working, yet everything was perfectly fine last night on 11/2/2017 before I updated and shut my PC down for the night. What's weird is that my playback device acts like the volume is working anyway, showing a healthy green bar when I play a YouTube video. I have attached an image to showcase this.

As you can see, I use a Creative Sound Blaster Z external Sound Card for all my audio needs. There is no new update for my sound card by the way. Please, someone help me. I have already rebooted/shut down to see if that would fix it, but nothing is working.

4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Device Roadshow in October across Australia

Source: Windows 10 Device Roadshow in October across Australia Microsoft Partner Network Blog

Thema:

1. After windows update 11/12th October I seem to have lost my sound device ! - Similar Threads - update 12th October

2. October 12th Fall Creator's update f'd my pc and it's clone. 20 years lost!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 12th Fall Creator's update f'd my pc and it's clone. 20 years lost!: After hearing about the Fall update destroying files on people's computers I tried to avoid the update. I did a complete mirrored update the same night that I delayed the update but when my PC was shut down for the night the update forced itself upon shut down. The next day...
  3. october update canceling out my sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    october update canceling out my sound: After I got the October update installed I tried to play a game there was no audio , then I went to YouTube and the same problem. Ive been at this for an hour now. I've uninstalled the audio driver and reinstalled it. I have also hid the update and nothing is working. I have...
  4. No sound after the October Win 10 update

No sound after the October Win 10 update: Hi all, Since the last update for Windows 10, I have had no sound. The troubleshooter has found nothing, and in the Playback menu in Sounds, there are "no audio devices installed". In the Device Manager, I have Intel (R) Display Audio listed under sound. I have searched...
  5. Lost files after Windows 10 October 2018 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost files after Windows 10 October 2018 update: Two days ago I installed the October update and was surprised that 2 of my pst files have disappeared. The weird part is that the same directory had 2 other pst files that luckily did not get affected. All other files seem to be safe as they are OneDrive. Not sure if there...
  6. Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.

Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.: Good day ladies and Gentelmen. First time posting a problem, not the first time having problems on windows 10 update, but somehow i usualy got answer how to fix, or simply re rol back on previous version. I like the new windows 10 october update, but after installing...
  7. Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.

Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.: Good day ladies and Gentelmen. First time posting a problem, not the first time having problems on windows 10 update, but somehow i usualy got answer how to fix, or simply re rol back on previous version. I like the new windows 10 october update, but after installing...
  8. After Updating Windows 10 Pro I have no sound

After Updating Windows 10 Pro I have no sound: Hello, I updated Windows 10 Pro after beeing prompted for a while and after the update i have no sound. All sound devices appear active. But when i try to do a sound check on Playback properties i get the error that the signal playback has failed. I tried the troubleshooter...
  9. Sorry Dave - I seem to have lost you

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorry Dave - I seem to have lost you: I don't know how to use this but my problem is the date column now shows numerals as above - I am using windows excel 2013 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/sorry-dave-i-seem-to-have-lost-you/d86df936-67bc-4baa-895d-8d5f83b5bdca
  10. Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update: Hello and thank you beforehand for any help anyone can give me. I just built a PC that has Windows 10 and a Headphones/Speakers Jack in the front of the case. Right after I logged in, I got a Windows 10 Update which automatically ran. Afterwards, I now have no sound coming...