Windows 10: After windows update 11/12th October I seem to have lost my sound device !

Discus and support After windows update 11/12th October I seem to have lost my sound device ! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sorry I'm not very computer savvy, but last night when I logged out I got the usual, don't shut down as windows had updates available. When I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StuartHodgson2, Oct 12, 2018.

1. After windows update 11/12th October I seem to have lost my sound device !

Sorry I'm not very computer savvy, but last night when I logged out I got the usual, don't shut down as windows had updates available. When I have just logged in, usual delay to configure updates. however when the laptop did come on line there was no sound! On checked best I could it states - No Sound Device Fitted! Has this happened before, anything that can rectify (Simple) this problem?

:)

StuartHodgson2, Oct 12, 2018

2. Lost sound after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. Sorry to know that you’re facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you. I suggest you to follow few methods given below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:
    I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    Restart the computer after its uninstalled. Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Xelvania Win User
    No sound after Windows 10 Update 11/3/2017

Just as the title suggests, I have no sound. I have gone through all the basic troubleshooting steps that one would think could be plausible. Like checking my volume mixer, making sure nothing is set to 0. Like checking if my correct playback device was selected and on default. Nothing is working, yet everything was perfectly fine last night on 11/2/2017 before I updated and shut my PC down for the night. What's weird is that my playback device acts like the volume is working anyway, showing a healthy green bar when I play a YouTube video. I have attached an image to showcase this.

As you can see, I use a Creative Sound Blaster Z external Sound Card for all my audio needs. There is no new update for my sound card by the way. Please, someone help me. I have already rebooted/shut down to see if that would fix it, but nothing is working.

Xelvania, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

After windows update 11/12th October I seem to have lost my sound device !

Windows 10 Device Roadshow in October across Australia

Source: Windows 10 Device Roadshow in October across Australia Microsoft Partner Network Blog

Brink, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

After windows update 11/12th October I seem to have lost my sound device !

1. After windows update 11/12th October I seem to have lost my sound device ! - Similar Threads - update 12th October

2. I have lost sound on my lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost sound on my lenovo: I have lost sound on some video programmes on my Lenovo. Strangely, the video describing how to fix the problem has sound. An instruction video for a product repair I need to do not a laptop repair has no sound, and while watching Escape to the Country on BBC I lost sound. My...
  3. I seem to have "lost" all my documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I seem to have "lost" all my documents?: Cant find any of my documentsDon't know what has happened, what I've done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-lost-all-my-documents/26a2f9b1-4ae2-475f-9003-0e58aff7db5e
  4. I seem to have "lost" all my documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I seem to have "lost" all my documents?: Cant find any of my documentsDon't know what has happened, what I've done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-lost-all-my-documents/26a2f9b1-4ae2-475f-9003-0e58aff7db5e
  5. Lost sound after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost sound after Windows update.: Lost sound after a Windows 11 update. Turned off and restarted computer several times and still no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-after-windows-update/8aeab7ef-df47-4bd0-b2b2-562eeb532ba3
  6. Lost sound after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost sound after Windows update.: Lost sound after a Windows 11 update. Turned off and restarted computer several times and still no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-after-windows-update/8aeab7ef-df47-4bd0-b2b2-562eeb532ba3
  7. After I updated my pc I lost my sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After I updated my pc I lost my sound: I lost my sound on my windows 10 after I updated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-i-updated-my-pc-i-lost-my-sound/ccdfc311-afc7-4dcd-90f9-831686c87b03
  8. I seem to have lost my touch

I seem to have lost my touch: I cannot get touch and inking to work on my 2-in-1 Tablet PC's touch screen. I have used it before, but now I cannot remember if I have missed out something to activate it again. I can draw and scribble with the mouse but not with my (basic) stylus or fingers, either in the...
  9. I have lost the sound.

I have lost the sound.: Hi, I have a Sony Vaio which is 6 years old now. Tonight I tried to enhance the sound on watching a film on Now TV and some how I seem to have deleted or unplugged the speakers! ( They are internal speakers ) I have tried running the sound diagnostics with no result....
  10. October 12th Fall Creator's update f'd my pc and it's clone. 20 years lost!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 12th Fall Creator's update f'd my pc and it's clone. 20 years lost!: After hearing about the Fall update destroying files on people's computers I tried to avoid the update. I did a complete mirrored update the same night that I delayed the update but when my PC was shut down for the night the update forced itself upon shut down. The next day...