Windows 10: After Windows update 1903 my PC does not boot and there is no cursor on the screen....

Discus and support After Windows update 1903 my PC does not boot and there is no cursor on the screen.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After running the 1903 Windows update on my Lenovo 90B8 (H30-50 ES) last night the PC is not working. I left it running at 11pm and at 7am this morning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FionaTurner1, Aug 9, 2019.

1. After Windows update 1903 my PC does not boot and there is no cursor on the screen....

After running the 1903 Windows update on my Lenovo 90B8 (H30-50 ES) last night the PC is not working. I left it running at 11pm and at 7am this morning it was simply showing the Lenovo logo on a black background. The PC was completely unresponsive if I pressed any keyboard key or clicked the mouse. There was no mouse cursor on the screen.

I turned the PC off and now if I press the start button the PC appears to turn on but goes quiet after only a few seconds and the hard drive light is not flashing. If I press the on/off button when the PC is running it turns off immediately.

The monitor only shows the name Lenovo on a black background.

There is no mouse cursor on the screen and the keyboard is unresponsive - for example pressing the CAPS lock key does not turn on the CAPS lock light. I have tried turning the PC on and off and pressing the F10, ESC and F2 keys during boot up but there is no response from the PC.

The PC is 4 years old and was working perfectly before the message popped-up to tell me to run the update.

5 days ago I bought a new HP monitor which was attached using the HDMI cable. This monitor replaced a smaller HP monitor that was attached using a VGA cable.

Does anyone have any advice please?

Before you suggest anything please note things I have already tried:

• turning on and off several times and holding any of the usual Windows, F2, F10 ESC etc (note that the keyboard apperas to be completely unresponsive.
    • Attaching the old monitor and turning on and off again.
    • Removing all cables to monitor, keyboard, printer and mouse before turning off and back on.

As the PC was working perfectly I can only assume the update has damaged the operating system and may need a rebuild but as the software was already installed on the PC when purchased I do not have any of the Windows info available.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

FionaTurner1, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Dizman7 Win User

Windows boots to black screen with cursor

I figured it out, my pc was being dumb. The USB needed to be listed under hard drives in the BIOS in order to boot from it I guess.

Transferred my iTunes over so far without a hitch. Even updated my iPad flawlessly, now doing my iPhone (which hasn't been updated in months).

Dizman7, Aug 9, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

After Windows update 1903 my PC does not boot and there is no cursor on the screen....

Windows Boot Screen starts up with cursor

Hello Lance,

A cursor on Windows boot screen is normal. However, if the boot screen is stuck in a blue or black screen that is not. To isolate the issue, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Are there any recent changes on your device?
    • Can you attached a
      screenshot
      of the issue?
    • Which
      Windows 10 build and version
      is installed on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

After Windows update 1903 my PC does not boot and there is no cursor on the screen....

1. After Windows update 1903 my PC does not boot and there is no cursor on the screen.... - Similar Threads - update 1903 does

2. Black screen with cursor after booting up pc to an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor after booting up pc to an update: I am going to say now my windows is not activated. I tried running explorer.exe and ending the task but the black screen was still there. I tried rolling back my displaying adapter and unstalling it, did nothing. I havent installed any third party malware protection. I cant...
  3. PC booting to a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC booting to a black screen with cursor: Hey, My PC was working fine yesterday night as it installed the latest update. This morning however I cannot access anything anymore. As soon as it boots I don't see the login screen but go directly to a black screen where I can move my cursor. I've been googling around...
  4. My PC boots to this black screen with cursor.

My PC boots to this black screen with cursor.: I need help, what do I do, I just booted up my PC, it runs Windows 10, and after the HP logo goes away, the lock screen doesn't appear, instead it's a black screen, I can move my cursor around, but that's it, can't do anything, Is this a fix for this issue without...
  5. Windows 10 does not boot black screen and cursor

Windows 10 does not boot black screen and cursor: Hello everyone. I have a problem with my Windows. I had two SSDs in the "mirror" dynamic disks, I used Acronis software to "break the mirror" and it broke my entire operating system. I converted the disks to "basic" using the Paragon tool and the datawas not lost, but...
  6. Boot Screen Image After V.1903 Update...

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Screen Image After V.1903 Update...: This is probably silly, and useless, but following the update to v.1903, the image that is flashed is so blurry that it is completely unidentifiable. It's just a haze of grays, oranges, and other hazy blobs. Is this unique to v.1903? I'm guessing it will go away with the next...
  7. After a windows update, my PC boots to black screen with movable cursor, before login

After a windows update, my PC boots to black screen with movable cursor, before login: For the past couple of months I have been suffering this issue without being able to find a fix. I keep getting a windows update install just before my PC shuts down. After the PC boots up again, I get past the bios and "Starting windows" screen but then I am left with a...
  8. PC not booting after attempted 1903 update

PC not booting after attempted 1903 update: Hi, last night I attempted to install the 1903 update but it froze at the working on updates screen at 25% (spinning dots frozen as well) for hours, so I rebooted to try again, however the computer wouldn’t boot at all, it seemed as though there was no output to the monitor...
  9. win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor: gigabyte H81M-WW, intel i7 -4770 3.40 GHZ win10 update 1809 installed working ok. direct x 12 is seen with dxdiag command. screen shot attached. with update 1903 --up to lock screen ok. but on login --only black screen with cursor and on left hand top corner --personalized...
  10. Windows won’t boot after update to 1903. Stuck at black screen after boot.

Windows won’t boot after update to 1903. Stuck at black screen after boot.: Hi everyone, Here’s my problem - I tried to update my Windows 10 to 1903. I was having issues upgrading through the Control Panel tool (It kept getting stuck at 100% downloading) so I went the other route and downloaded the media creation tool from microsoft and upgraded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 pc stuck in boot black sreen cant do anhything keyboard and mouse not working

2. 1903 black screen immediately after reboot

3. windows 10 doesnt boot after update 1903

4. windows wont boot after 1903 update,
  5. black screen issues after windows 10 1903 update,
  6. windows does not boot because 1903,
  7. windows 10 boot cursor after update 1903,
  8. windows update 1903 only shows cursor while booting