Windows 10: After Windows Update and System Restore I've lost disc space

Discus and support After Windows Update and System Restore I've lost disc space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So Windows updated to the most recent update, whatever it was. But I noticed an empty New Folder on my desktop and I thought that I had accidently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sara209, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Sara209 Win User

After Windows Update and System Restore I've lost disc space

So Windows updated to the most recent update, whatever it was. But I noticed an empty New Folder on my desktop and I thought that I had accidently deleted things in that folder. So I did a system restore to a few days ago. Before the update, and the system restore I had 35gbs of hard drive space. After I did the update and the system restore I had 19gbs. So I was like, No I don't want this so I undid the system restore when I did that I had 17gbs of space. So I did the window update thinking it was taking up disc space to install. It wasn't and I was still at 17gbs. I tried doing yet another system restore, maybe going farther back and now I can't. There's no point beyond the Window Update I did tonight.

I looked at doing the Go Back to a Previous Version of Windows but it says This option isn't available because your PC was updated more than 10 days ago. Yet..... it wasn't it was updated tonight.

so where the heck did those 16gbs of disc space I lost go?

:)

Sara209, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Alcpone Win User

Free hard disk space reduce after system restore

If your system is running ok now, you could disable system restore then re enable it, thus removing all previous restore points and freeing up that lost space!

*Wink After Windows Update and System Restore I've lost disc space ;)

Alcpone, Dec 20, 2019
  3. macbeth Win User

I have problem getting update for windows. So decided to do a system restore. After doing a system restore i am able to update my windows but notice the free hard disk space had reduce.
    Before doing the system restore my free space in my C drive is about 33.6GB ( if i am not mistaken, quite sure anyway ) but after the system restore is 26.6GB. Despite having less program installed.
    Any idea where to those free space in my C drive went? And any idea what went wrong?

macbeth, Dec 20, 2019
  4. macbeth Win User

I clear the log from EventVwr.msc but it did not recover much hard drive space. So i try clearing the retore point. Now my free hard drive space is about 34.4GB as compared to 26.6GB after my system restore.
    Anyway before i did a system restore. I did create a system restore point manually from system restore. Will the system restore point account for the lost free hard drive space?

macbeth, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

1. After Windows Update and System Restore I've lost disc space - Similar Threads - Update System Restore

2. After System Restore, I've lost disc space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After System Restore, I've lost disc space: so i did system restore yesterday and it failed but it take a lot of space,i check in the settings-storage in the categories other big folder there no folder that take a lot of space but it reported 27.7 gb i think thats the space that i lost when do system restore.i tried...
  3. After System Restore, I've lost disc space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After System Restore, I've lost disc space: so i did system restore yesterday and it failed but it take a lot of space,i check in the settings-storage in the categories other big folder there no folder that take a lot of space but it reported 27.7 gb i think thats the space that i lost when do system restore.i tried...
  4. After System Restore, I've lost disc space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore: I own a Surface Studio which was delivered with OS pre-installed. Two weeks ago, after turning on the unit I received a screen indicating the 10 was not booting up with options:- Continue booting up Windows 10- Shutdown PC- Run Win Diagnostic- Restart PC- Restore PCAfter...
  6. Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore: I own a Surface Studio which was delivered with OS pre-installed. Two weeks ago, after turning on the unit I received a screen indicating the 10 was not booting up with options:- Continue booting up Windows 10- Shutdown PC- Run Win Diagnostic- Restart PC- Restore PCAfter...
  7. Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. System Restore space

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore space: Much much space do you allow for system restore points. Is there a general rule. Like to hear your thoughts on this. 180690
  9. Installed update lost after system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed update lost after system restore: I installed a cumulative windows 10 update KB5001391 and after 2 days i restored my system to a previous restore point and now the installed update is gone. However the same update is available for downloading in windows update tab in settings but when i try to install the...
  10. Lost 15 gig disk space after using system restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Lost 15 gig disk space after using system restore: I had to use system restore point yesterday. I ended up running it twice to go back to a previous restore point. First time it did it’s job but second time around it flailed to restore. Somewhere in the process of these I have lost approx 15 gig disk space as when checking my...