Windows 10: After Windows Update, cannot select Wi-Fi, "We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC"

Discus and support After Windows Update, cannot select Wi-Fi, "We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using an HP Pavillion running Windows 10. After an update last night, my laptop cannot connect to, or even recognize, wi-fi. The message says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EvanDouville, Sep 23, 2018.

1. After Windows Update, cannot select Wi-Fi, "We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC"

Hi, I'm using an HP Pavillion running Windows 10. After an update last night, my laptop cannot connect to, or even recognize, wi-fi. The message says "we couldn't find wireless devices on this PC" and the airplane mode button is greyed out. Troubleshooting didn't fix anything, nor checking for driver updates. Control panel won't even let me access wi-fi options, it's as though it's been deleted. I don't have a restore point from before the update. What do I do?

:)

EvanDouville, Sep 23, 2018

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 23, 2018
  4. After Windows Update, cannot select Wi-Fi, "We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC"

wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

After Windows Update, cannot select Wi-Fi, "We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC"

1. After Windows Update, cannot select Wi-Fi, "We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC" - Similar Threads - Update cannot select

2. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update: Hi,As stated on the title, after I've installed the latest windows update November, it will not detect my ethernet or wi-fi. I'd try troubleshooting, and it found issues on the network adapter driver, the thing is, i already checked and updated all my drivers to the latest...
  3. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update: Hi,As stated on the title, after I've installed the latest windows update November, it will not detect my ethernet or wi-fi. I'd try troubleshooting, and it found issues on the network adapter driver, the thing is, i already checked and updated all my drivers to the latest...
  4. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. wi fi wireless lan problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wi fi wireless lan problem: how to fix my wireless lan showing some wi fi dont exist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-wireless-lan-problem/e77b7e47-d7f9-425d-9d30-092915e6849f
  6. We couldn't find wireless device on this PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    We couldn't find wireless device on this PC: System: HP 15 notebook PC Network wireless Adapter: Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter I had problem with wireless adapter. It keeps disappearing on restart. After trying all the solutions I decided to clean install windows 10. But still wireless adapter is missing.both...
  7. Cannot see the "Wi-Fi" & "Wireless Bluetooth" options in my PC

Cannot see the "Wi-Fi" & "Wireless Bluetooth" options in my PC: Greetings, I am not sure if the issue is because of my computer's configuration or due to the windows upgrade to windows 10 pro. Please help me in knowing whether my computer is compatible for1. Wi-Fi and 2. Wireless Bluetooth. If compatible then please let me know how can...
  8. Not finding Wi-Fi Connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not finding Wi-Fi Connections: My desktop is not finding Wi-Fi certain Wi-Fi connections my home network today but has found them previously. My laptop, located next to the desktop, is finding them. Changes: 1 Desktop recently went through Windows update; 2 I disabled McAfee and turned on Windows...
  9. Wi-Fi and Wireless adapter

Wi-Fi and Wireless adapter: Hi. Wireless network adapter has disappeared from my laptop, i can't find it in Device Manager, I have tried installing driver and 10 more solutions found on internet, but non of them works , my wireless network adapter is still gone and I can't even find anything when...
  10. After the update, the Wi-Fi disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After the update, the Wi-Fi disappeared: Hello! After your system update, driver updates automatically loaded onto my computer's chipset. Now I have a lost Wi-Fi network. It is treated only by a rollback of the system. I noticed a driver bug even more than six months ago, and so I manually disconnected updates from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we couldnt find wireless devices on this pc

2. hp laptop we couldnot find wireless devices on this pc

3. we couldnt find wireless device in this pc

4. why is my laptop says we couldnt find wireless devices,
  5. why am i getting we couldnt find wireless devices on this pc,
  6. we couldnt find wireless devices on this pc windows 10,
  7. we couldnt find wireless devices,
  8. wat to do when pc says we couldnt find wireless devices on pc,
  9. we couldnt find a wireless device,
  10. we couldnt find wireless devices windows 10,
  11. solution to we couldnt find wireless devices on pc,