Windows 10: after windows update, computer boots into bitlocker mode

Discus and support after windows update, computer boots into bitlocker mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My lenovo laptop computer is booting into bootlocker now after a windows update and I had never set it up that way and don't have the key. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KevinHovila, Sep 23, 2022.

1. after windows update, computer boots into bitlocker mode

My lenovo laptop computer is booting into bootlocker now after a windows update and I had never set it up that way and don't have the key. How can I fix this?

:)

KevinHovila, Sep 23, 2022

2. Bitlocker Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.
    • Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Boot the computer in Safe mode with Networking and check if works.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows

If the issue persists then follow the below method

Method 3: Perform a Clean Boot and find out which application/service is causing this issue.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem. Perform a clean boot on the computer by following the steps given in the link:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Bitlocker not working after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service .

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.
    • Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Boot the computer in Safe mode with Networking and check if works.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows

If the issue persists then follow the below method

Method 3: Perform a Clean Boot and find out which application/service is causing this issue.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem. Perform a clean boot on the computer by following the steps given in the link:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 23, 2022
  4. after windows update, computer boots into bitlocker mode

Cannot boot into PC after Bitlocker update

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

As you have stated that you are unable to boot unto your PC since the BitLocker Update, I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check.

Step 1:

1. Download Windows 10 Media Creation tool and access Safe Mode with Networking via the tool. To download click on the link below

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    " in the above article for creating the tool).

2. Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message,
    you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

3. Refer to article Get to
    safe mode and other startup settings in Windows 10 - Windows
    to enable Safe Mode with Networking.

Step 2: Uninstall Update

1. Right click on the Start Menu and open Control Panel.

2. Navigate to Programs and Feature and then click on
    View Installed Updates
    from the left menu pane.

3. Click on the update in question and then click on Uninstall to remove the update.

Step 3:

• Use the tool provided in the link below to Hide/block the BitLocker update from your PC.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

• Once done reboot the PC and check.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

after windows update, computer boots into bitlocker mode

1. after windows update, computer boots into bitlocker mode - Similar Threads - update computer boots

2. stuck in boot mode after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stuck in boot mode after windows 11 update: My wife has an ENVY 17M. She had a message about an update for her windows 11.So she clicked on it. After some time . She noticed it scrolling still. It went off, claimed it was restarting and now it is stuck in boot mood. It eventually turns it self off. When attempting to...
  3. stuck in boot mode after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stuck in boot mode after windows 11 update: My wife has an ENVY 17M. She had a message about an update for her windows 11.So she clicked on it. After some time . She noticed it scrolling still. It went off, claimed it was restarting and now it is stuck in boot mood. It eventually turns it self off. When attempting to...
  4. after windows update, computer boots into bitlocker mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after windows update, computer boots into bitlocker mode: My lenovo laptop computer is booting into bootlocker now after a windows update and I had never set it up that way and don't have the key. How can I fix this?...
  5. Computer will not boot after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not boot after update.: So I wanted to sell an old laptop I had and was working on resetting it, but I was updating Windows and it needed to restart and it restarted and installed the update and then it just stopped booting. The screen will turn on and off every couple of seconds but nothing...
  6. Computer password not working after booting into safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer password not working after booting into safe mode: I did the msconfig thing to go on safe mode and then my computer restarted. After it restarted it asked for a password I always used a pin instead of a password. Every rime I try entering my pin it doesn't work someone please help I have a lot of assignments I have to submit...
  7. computer will not boot after update

computer will not boot after update: I just had an update on my laptop and now it will not boot up. Just a blank screen. Any Suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-not-boot-after-update/5f641729-ffdb-45f1-877f-e2502b9c98b9
  8. Windows 10 Pro boot to safe mode with BitLocker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro boot to safe mode with BitLocker: Hello. I've been breaking my head for a few days and still can't come up with anything. We use BitLocker on all of our Dell laptops. We had one user who told me he received a BSOD (critical process died) and brought it into me. I have the BitLocker recovery key and the user's...
  9. Boot / recovery/bitlocker issue after update

Boot / recovery/bitlocker issue after update: Hardsribe was encrypted with bit locker. After update mhy computer was asking for my recovery key code. Witch did not work. Now i cannot even bring up repair menu. Wont boot saying: NON SYSTEM DISK ERROR. CAN SOMEONE HELP GET ME AT LEAST TO A POINT WHERE I CAN RESET...
  10. after update my computer will not boot

after update my computer will not boot: after update my computer will not boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-my-computer-will-not-boot/95f9ba93-af95-45bc-9b64-9de2ed96fc5b