Windows 10: After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open!

Discus and support After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open! I can see the XLS spreadsheets in the file preview window but get this error when attempting to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TinaSmith5, Oct 25, 2019.

1. After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open!

After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open! I can see the XLS spreadsheets in the file preview window but get this error when attempting to open them:

Sorry, we couldn't find C:/.....xls. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted?

I can see it in the preview window but cannot access it to use it for generating my invoices

HELP!!!!

:)

TinaSmith5, Oct 25, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open! [​IMG]

- this list:

After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open! [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, Oct 25, 2019
  4. tater1955 Win User

After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open!

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

The link says for Office 2000 and 2003. Will this work for 2007?

tater1955, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open!

1. After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open! - Similar Threads - Update EXCEL files

2. Unable to open excel file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open excel file: Excel file is on Taskbar but doe not open or restore. I have scanned there is no malaware I have also done sfc scan, there are no corruptions. Have also repaired. Still am unable to open/ restore the file...
  3. Excel Files Not Opening In DropBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel Files Not Opening In DropBox: I know that other answers are out there, but what worked for me was to activate the Dropbox App and make sure that it's enabled in the Startup Manager. As soon as I manually activated the Dropbox App on my computer all of the files in Dropbox that wouldn't open now open...
  4. Excel Files Not Opening In DropBox

Excel Files Not Opening In DropBox: I know that other answers are out there, but what worked for me was to activate the Dropbox App and make sure that it's enabled in the Startup Manager. As soon as I manually activated the Dropbox App on my computer all of the files in Dropbox that wouldn't open now open...
  5. Excel files opening in chrome

Excel files opening in chrome: EXCEL files saved in SHARED SERVER open in Chrome by default. When I try to select what they should open in, EXCEL is not listed as an option. HOWEVER, EXCEL files saved in PC Open to EXCEL Correctly and listed as EXCEL files as well.Why are the Shared server EXCEL files...
  6. Excel file will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel file will not open: Hi, I tried to save me excel file but it seems it was saved in another format and now I can't open it in excel. When I try to open it, a window pops up saying "how do you want to open this file?". Excel is not one of the options...
  7. Cannot open an Excel file

Cannot open an Excel file: I have a problem opening just one odd excel file. this is a .xlsx file, and I am using Office 2013. Office program fully up to date. I have tried all the amateur workarounds (I have limited computer know how) inc office has been repaired. On opening the file, there is a...
  8. Excel cannot open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel cannot open files: I found in the last two to three days that XLSX files are not opening and i am getting the below mentioned message. Can you please help out Excel cannot open the file 'Salary working file Feb'19.xlsx' because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the...
  9. after last update no excel files will open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after last update no excel files will open: get the following error - [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/after-last-update-no-excel-files-will-open/5bbdb225-def5-4c59-95c9-f92bb5d66e6a
  10. Excel 2010 Opening Files in Single Instance after a Recent Update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel 2010 Opening Files in Single Instance after a Recent Update: After a recent update to Excel 2010 (that came after upgrading Windows 10 Creators Edition) when clicking on more than one Excel file they all open in the same window (instance) of Excel. Before this update the files would open in separate instances. By opening in a single...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel will not open on windows 10

2. firefox will not open office 365 documents

3. excel crash Microsoft.WITDataStore64.dll

4. my computer updated now i cant open excel files