Windows 10: After Windows Update: External Monitors no longer work thru USB ports.

Discus and support After Windows Update: External Monitors no longer work thru USB ports. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The last 6 months every has been working fine. I have an USB-C Hub that I use to connect my two external monitors with HDMI. Last night, I updated my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dottree, Jun 28, 2020.

1. After Windows Update: External Monitors no longer work thru USB ports.

The last 6 months every has been working fine. I have an USB-C Hub that I use to connect my two external monitors with HDMI. Last night, I updated my Nvidia RTX 2060 drivers and all was good. Had a Windows Update that required a restart and everything was fine. Upon waking up this afternoon, Windows asked me to sign into my Microsoft account again, and did a mini setup like I was installing a new copy of Windows... after signing back in, everything seemed normal.... except neither one of my two external monitors were working.
    I can individually plug each one into the HDMI port and they work. The USB-C port works for everything else. Just the USB-C to HDMI doesn't work. I tried an old USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter - it also doesn't work. My monitors are no longer detected by any of my USB ports.

Not even sure what the reason of this Windows update was, but it's getting extremely frustrating... any help would be much appreciated.

submitted by /u/dottree
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dottree, Jun 28, 2020

2. Video port dead and external Monitor not detected after Windows April update build 17134.48...

Video port dead and external Monitor not detected after Windows April update

Windows 10 Version 1803

Dell Venue 11 Tablet 64bit

I run mostly Microsoft apps, Office 365. Quicken 2017

There were no changes made to the system, no new apps.

everything ran perfect until the update

after the update the HDMI Video port no longer works.

There is nothing wrong with the cable or the Samsung 65in TV

are no longer recognized by windows, It was still listed in the device manager I tried deleting it but it no longer returns after refresh.

It is still listed under stetting's Bluetooth and other devices.

Updated all Dell drivers, did not help.

Tried to system restore, failed and can't undo that attempt it is stuck.

There is nothing wrong with and of the attached equipment or the computer except that the update Fail's to address the port and detect device.

Poor coding a character must be in error pointing to the mini HDMI port.

NICE WORK MICROSOFT, Someone needs to proof read your code for errors.

Any suggestions ?

Video port dead and external Monitor not detected after Windows April update build 17134.48...

MaharishiDejaVu, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Video port dead and external Monitor not detected after Windows April update build 17134.48...

Windows 10 Version 1803

are no longer recognized by windows, It was still listed in the device manager I tried deleting it but it no longer returns after refresh.

There is nothing wrong with and of the attached equipment or the computer except that the update Fail's to address the port and detect device.

Any suggestions ?

Video port dead and external Monitor not detected after Windows April update build 17134.48...

4. After Windows Update: External Monitors no longer work thru USB ports.

Windows 10 Version 1803

Any suggestions ?

Thema:

After Windows Update: External Monitors no longer work thru USB ports.

1. After Windows Update: External Monitors no longer work thru USB ports. - Similar Threads - Update External Monitors

2. Windows 10. USB-C Display Port No Signal. External monitor no longer working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10. USB-C Display Port No Signal. External monitor no longer working.: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P51s running Windows 10.I always use an Asus Zenscreen secondary monitor via USB-C. Lately, my PC does not recognize it. That USB-C port on my computer is able to recognize my phone and other devices. The Zenscreen works via the same USB-C cable on my...
  3. Windows 10. USB-C Display Port No Signal. External monitor no longer working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10. USB-C Display Port No Signal. External monitor no longer working.: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P51s running Windows 10.I always use an Asus Zenscreen secondary monitor via USB-C. Lately, my PC does not recognize it. That USB-C port on my computer is able to recognize my phone and other devices. The Zenscreen works via the same USB-C cable on my...
  4. Windows 10. USB-C Display Port No Signal. External monitor no longer working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Ports No Longer Working

USB Ports No Longer Working: I have this laptop: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gateway-14-1-1080p-PC-Laptop-Intel-Core-i5-16GB-RAM-256GB-SSD-Windows-10-Black-GWTN141-4BK/364041142?comm-msg-vehicle=EMAIL&comm-msg-id=8b024544-7a63-430a-a90f-2e782d565448The laptop has two USB ports. Whenever I try plugging a...
  6. USB 3 Ports No Longer Work

USB 3 Ports No Longer Work: After updating Windows back in May, my USB 3.0 ports provide power, but no data. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the USB drivers to no avail. I have been unable to find an older version of the drivers to rollback to. I am currently on Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042 Build...
  7. USB ports not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports not working after update: 2 of my USB ports stopped working with a recent windows update. I noticed they weren’t working when I had a warning screen pop up with every restart stating “USB device not recognized. the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...
  8. After recent Windows 10 updates, my external monitor no longer works

After recent Windows 10 updates, my external monitor no longer works: I have 2 old laptops, using VGA to HDMI converter. Both worked fine before the update but now there is no signal coming from VGA port on either one. I've updated video drivers (and tried older drivers but it doesn't seem like they were updated with the Windows update),...
  9. USB ports not working after Windows update

USB ports not working after Windows update: I had a update last night for windows 10 on my desktop, made me do it as I could not turn off my computer without it starting, I get up in the morning and get on, the usb ports work for 5 minutes at most before they stop working, all of them worked fine until this update, I...
  10. USB ports not working after updates

USB ports not working after updates: Hi there I have an Asus all in one Pc with windows. Since a set of updates, neither of my 2 USB ports seem to be functioning. Any devices phone. tablet, camera etc. when plugged in do not register and I cannnot transfer files or images from one to the other....