Windows 10: After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes.

Discus and support After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Any Idea's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-update-i-could-not-find-recent-files/8debf1ae-87a3-4858-b743-85ea732ab18c Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jamalle Wilson, May 19, 2023.

1. After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes.

Any Idea's

:)

Jamalle Wilson, May 19, 2023
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, May 19, 2023
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, May 19, 2023
  4. After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes.

eidairaman1, May 19, 2023
Thema:

After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes.

1. After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes. - Similar Threads - Update find recent

2. Hi, after I have a recent update of Windows 11, I could not find other devices in device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, after I have a recent update of Windows 11, I could not find other devices in device...: How could I do? I have tried reinstalling drivers. However, it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-after-i-have-a-recent-update-of-windows-11-i/7822a16b-eb93-403a-8fa5-eb33fceb864d
  3. After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes.: Any Idea's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-update-i-could-not-find-recent-files/8debf1ae-87a3-4858-b743-85ea732ab18c
  4. After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes.: Any Idea's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-update-i-could-not-find-recent-files/8debf1ae-87a3-4858-b743-85ea732ab18c
  5. i recently had an update through windows insider

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i recently had an update through windows insider: i recently had an update through windows insider programme i was running 20h2 version and after installing build 21277 pre release version i found that it was showing me 2004 version is it good to have this version or can i revert back ?? will this cause any damage to my...
  6. recent files I saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recent files I saved: Using this Windows 10 Home see below. Rather than doing a monthly backup of all my files and folders to a flash drive ultra which takes forever I thought why not do it different way Rather than backing up files and folders I never make any changes to or having to keep a...
  7. "Windows cannot find..." after recent June Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Windows cannot find..." after recent June Update: After updating my PC I decided I wanted to play some games which are located on my SSD. After trying to open them from the desktop, I get the below error. I then tried to go directly to where the ".exe" file is and use that. Same error. Clearly the file is right there and I...
  8. Save and Save As not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Save and Save As not working after recent update: I logged in to Windows this morning, and everything seems to have changed overnight. That's not a problem, except that now Save and Save As are not working properly for all of my apps. I've tried several times to save files, and I get a couple of different errors: - Check...
  9. language changes after recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    language changes after recent update: hello there, i am using hebrew as my default language, after recent updates in some places i see toolbars in English, it never happen before: As you can see when i right click on desktop i have half the options in Hebrew and half in English.. also, all of my control...
  10. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive: Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings I am trying to save my files to OneDrive as a default. It has always worked as my default. For some reason, the default save location is now Recent. Something caused it to change. All default locations settings in Word Options,...