Windows 10: After windows update I don't have permission to access my second HD

Discus and support After windows update I don't have permission to access my second HD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last night windows updated itself (decided to restart my computer while I was right in the middle of something btw). After it finished when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LiamENGL, Sep 26, 2019.

1. LiamENGL Win User

After windows update I don't have permission to access my second HD

Last night windows updated itself (decided to restart my computer while I was right in the middle of something btw).

After it finished when I try to click my second HD it says 'you don't currently have permission to access this folder - click continue to permanently get access to this folder'.

When I click continue the little green bar at the top of explorer fills up but nothing happens.

Currently can't access any of my work related stuff as it's all stored on the second HD.

Please help!

:)

LiamENGL, Sep 26, 2019

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Sep 26, 2019
  3. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Sep 26, 2019
  4. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. After windows update I don't have permission to access my second HD - Similar Threads - update don't permission

2. "You don't have permission to access...." error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You don't have permission to access...." error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  3. "You don't have permission to access...." error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You don't have permission to access...." error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  4. "You don't have permission to access...." error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. don't have permission to access windows 11 on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    don't have permission to access windows 11 on network: I can see windows 11 on my network from win 10 but don't have permission. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-permission-to-access-windows-11-on/c9f1b468-c8d1-43c7-9c83-6c0bb9e4be54
  6. don't have permission to access windows 11 on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    don't have permission to access windows 11 on network: I can see windows 11 on my network from win 10 but don't have permission. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-permission-to-access-windows-11-on/c9f1b468-c8d1-43c7-9c83-6c0bb9e4be54
  7. I don't have permission to access a partition in my system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don't have permission to access a partition in my system: One day I opened my computer and tried to access a partition on my system when i found this messageI've tried to access this partition from cmd as admin but I couldn't?Note: I don't know if this has something to do with this error but I dual boot Windows and Linux Note2: When...
  8. after upgrade today Access Denied You don't have permission to access...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after upgrade today Access Denied You don't have permission to access...: kb4565633 & kb4565483 upgrades today - now get the above message. This on my desktop. Still to upgrade on my laptop and can access the support site no problem....
  9. "You don't have permission to access this folder" I cant access my USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You don't have permission to access this folder" I cant access my USB: I can't use my USBs and hard drives because of this. Every time I try to connect USBs and hardrive the same message keeps coming up. I've tried to fix it "following step by step by step tutorials from everywhere but it just won't get fixed. I'm sick and tired of it. I need...
  10. "You don't have permission to access this folder"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "You don't have permission to access this folder": I can't use my USBs and hard drives because of this. Every time I try to connect USBs and hardrive the same message keeps coming up. I've tried to fix it "following step by step by step tutorials from everywhere but it just won't get fixed. I'm sick and tired of it. I need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you do not have permission to access after windows update

2. since download of new update i cannot have access to my default user to sign into computer