Windows 10: After windows update, I'm being prompted to activate windows?

Discus and support After windows update, I'm being prompted to activate windows? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good evening folks, got a bit of a weird one. So I've had this PC for about 3 or so years. Never upgraded it excluding the CPU. I've always had the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RossStoj, Oct 20, 2020.

1. RossStoj Win User

After windows update, I'm being prompted to activate windows?

Good evening folks, got a bit of a weird one. So I've had this PC for about 3 or so years. Never upgraded it excluding the CPU. I've always had the same OS Windows 10 Home. I was watching Netflix where I noticed a small but irritating notification on the bottom right of my screen telling me to activate windows, and to go settings to activate it. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs of my PC:

Nvidia 1060 6GB - GPU

Intel I7 7700k - CPU

Corsair Vengeance 32GB - RAM

Windows 10 Home - OS

** I have already tried to reinstall Windows 10 **

I looked at the troubleshooter and this error code >0xC004F212< was what I got. Now I refuse to pay the price for a new OS, considering I believe it was a free upgrade from windows 7 at the time. I find it strange that it comes up now, especially considering how I've not done anything out of the norm. the norm for me is playing games and using discord to talk to people online.

:)

RossStoj, Oct 20, 2020

2. Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile After windows update, I'm being prompted to activate windows? :)

Thermopylae_480, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Naelex Win User
    Windows 7 Club

How to Rearm and Extend Free Usage (Activation Grace Period) of Windows 7 to 120 Days

‘Rearm’ trick on Windows 7 is done using the similar commands and steps with Windows Vista. Follow these steps to reset and extend activation grace period from 30 days to 120 days in Windows 7:

Type any of the following commands into the command prompt, and then hit Enter:

Code: sysprep /generalize slmgr.vbs –rearm rundll32 slc.dll,SLReArmWindows slmgr /rearm[/quote] As rearm only works for 3 times, make sure the command is only been run when the 30 days countdown of evaluation period is almost expired.

source: mydigitallife.info

Naelex, Oct 20, 2020
  4. DaMulta Win User

Windows 7 Activation Problem

A"friend" told me that their piratebay version of windows 7 is working just fine.

*Roll Eyes After windows update, I'm being prompted to activate windows? :rolleyes:

DaMulta, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

1. After windows update, I'm being prompted to activate windows? - Similar Threads - update I'm being

2. Windows prompting to activate again after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows prompting to activate again after BIOS update: after updating my BIOS I am being prompted to activate windows, but it fails since it was activated before the BIOS update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-prompting-to-activate-again-after-bios/5a7a8b43-2a8e-4536-93dd-4cbbd26d1c2f
  3. Windows prompting to activate again after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows prompting to activate again after BIOS update: after updating my BIOS I am being prompted to activate windows, but it fails since it was activated before the BIOS update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-prompting-to-activate-again-after-bios/5a7a8b43-2a8e-4536-93dd-4cbbd26d1c2f
  4. After update now there is a prompt to "Activate Windows".

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After update now there is a prompt to "Activate Windows".: Windows updated my 5 year old laptop a few days ago and now I have a "Activate Windows" prompt in the right hand corner above the date and time. How to I get rid of it?I have checked in settings and Windows 10 is activated with a digital code. So the problem isn't the...
  5. After update now there is a prompt to "Activate Windows".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update now there is a prompt to "Activate Windows".: Windows updated my 5 year old laptop a few days ago and now I have a "Activate Windows" prompt in the right hand corner above the date and time. How to I get rid of it?I have checked in settings and Windows 10 is activated with a digital code. So the problem isn't the...
  6. After update now there is a prompt to "Activate Windows".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. After windows update, I'm being prompted to active windows?

After windows update, I'm being prompted to active windows?: Good evening folks, got a bit of a weird one. So I've had this PC for about 3 or so years. Never upgraded it excluding the CPU. I've always had the same OS Windows 10 Home. I was watching Netflix where I noticed a small but irritating notification on the bottom right of my...
  8. Windows Update and Active Hours prompts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update and Active Hours prompts: Hi All I am using Windows 10, and I keep getting messages about doing Windows Updates outside Active Hours. As my pc is only on when I am using it I would prefer to do the Windows Update and restart when I have finished using it which could be at any time. After all I...
  9. Microsoft Family prompting to update Windows, despite Windows being fully updated

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family prompting to update Windows, despite Windows being fully updated: This issue has persisted on one system for a few weeks now. Receive the following message on several of the child accounts when I access the https://account.microsoft.com/family/ website: Update your family member's Windows 10 device xxxxxxxxx to get family features to...
  10. Windows 10 is showing not activated after being updated

Windows 10 is showing not activated after being updated: I purchased a new laptop with preinstalled genuine Windows 10. 10 days ago, I updated the same to version 1903. But after restarting it has been showing that windows is not activated. I tried using troubleshoot and it writes error 0x80004005. The troublshoot shows the...