Windows 10: After Windows update, I'm stuck in a loop and none of the recovery options are working.

Discus and support After Windows update, I'm stuck in a loop and none of the recovery options are working. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last night my computer prompted me to restart for an update, and so I did- it seemed to be going normally until my computer rebooted and took me right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jourdy288, Mar 19, 2021.

1. After Windows update, I'm stuck in a loop and none of the recovery options are working.

Last night my computer prompted me to restart for an update, and so I did- it seemed to be going normally until my computer rebooted and took me right into a recovery menu for Windows 10. The first option was to rollback, so I tried that- and it rebooted and took me right back to the menu.

Every single recovery option failed. I could not reset or re-install, nor could I simply uninstall the update. At some point, I got an error message regarding winload.efi and 0xc000000f; I made a Windows 10 install USB to attempt a repair from, but I got the same problems with it. Eventually, I installed Windows to a spare HDD to try and boot from. Thankfully, that worked- but my programs are still on my SSD. When I plugged it back in, it's noticed by my BIOS but doesn't appear in Windows 10. I'm going to wipe it and start over, but first, what's the best way to get my data off of there? Is it possibly to graft my EFI from this new Windows install into the old one, or is the system truly lost?

Update: After another reboot, Windows 10 sees the drive! Can I fix my problem from within my new Windows 10 install?

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: If it helps to know, I've got build 19042.

submitted by /u/Jourdy288
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jourdy288, Mar 19, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Stuck in update loop

Start Up and Recovery Image:

After Windows update, I'm stuck in a loop and none of the recovery options are working. [​IMG]

Birdieman50, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Decrypt Win User

After Windows update, I'm stuck in a loop and none of the recovery options are working.

Windows 10 stuck in diagnostics loop

Laptop : Sony vaio Model number : SVF152125NB Running O.S : dual boot (Windows 10 and Ubuntu)

After the last update (probably at June 2018, I don't remember the exact update name/ID) from Windows, my pc is stuck in the Infinite loop of "diagnosing your PC ".

I tried with going into recovery mode but using that method also ends up in this loop.

After this issue I am using Ubuntu by using force shut down method. And turn on which results in grub option.

Anyone pls suggest me the solution !!

Decrypt, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

After Windows update, I'm stuck in a loop and none of the recovery options are working.

1. After Windows update, I'm stuck in a loop and none of the recovery options are working. - Similar Threads - update I'm stuck

2. Windows recovery stuck and keeps looping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery stuck and keeps looping: Hi all,I tried recovering my HP laptop, after running recovery it got stuck and come up with recovery failed after few retry, I got it to get to dark blue screen with administrator and welcome message, then it restarts to light blue screen running Wpeinit and then powercfg...
  3. windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work: title says it all, I'm on a rog asus gaming laptop from like 2015 I think. and I've tried yo reinstall windows but the "upgrade option" doesn't work, so I did advance and installed on primary, May try to open repair options from there. please help!...
  4. windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work: title says it all, I'm on a rog asus gaming laptop from like 2015 I think. and I've tried yo reinstall windows but the "upgrade option" doesn't work, so I did advance and installed on primary, May try to open repair options from there. please help!...
  5. windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Stuck in a Windows Recovery Environment loop

Stuck in a Windows Recovery Environment loop: I am stuck in a loop when I try to continue to windows 10 it sends me back from where I started. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-a-windows-recovery-environment-loop/c01259d9-de0d-4803-bb05-a962d7307096
  7. I'm basically stuck in a loop.

I'm basically stuck in a loop.: Hello there, I need some help regarding my PC. I recently installed the Windows Insider Build for Education edition. Everything seemed to be working fine now and then but a few weeks later, my laptop just stopped working. Whenever I try to make it go into recovery...
  8. I'm stuck in an endless loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm stuck in an endless loop: So, my PC kept blue screening and I tried to reload it to an old backup but, it wouldn't work. So, I did a factory reset and completely cleared everything. I'm now stuck at the "why did my PC restart?" screen. Everytime I press next it says "just a moment" and then brings me...
  9. Stuck in boot loop, no options work

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in boot loop, no options work: My laptop recently gave out on me and nothing I do has made it work I just want to save my files and do a reinstall of windows. Things i've tried, reseting to previous update - gives me an error that its not successful and reboots back to the bios. Bootrec - tells me I have 0...
  10. None of Windows 10 recovery options working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    None of Windows 10 recovery options working: I can’t log in to Windows 10 as the password field is not appearing on the lock screen. All the solutions for this I’ve found online need you to get past the lock screen, and I can’t - no matter how many times I shut down or restart, the password field never appears. I’ve...