Windows 10: After Windows Update Is automatically Bitlocker enable

Discus and support After Windows Update Is automatically Bitlocker enable in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi After Windows Update Is automatically Bitlocker enable. know is asking Bitlocker key where i check my MS account it's show Bitlocker is not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SouthernElectronics Pvt, Aug 3, 2020.

1. After Windows Update Is automatically Bitlocker enable

Hi

After Windows Update Is automatically Bitlocker enable.

know is asking Bitlocker key where i check my MS account it's show Bitlocker is not enable.

how i have open laptop without bitlocker key.

After Windows Update Is automatically Bitlocker enable 914f2d10-2087-4821-9fb3-67cf2c3f2a8e?upload=true.png

:)

SouthernElectronics Pvt, Aug 3, 2020

2. BitLocker won't enable on Windows 10 after update on Aug 9

Hi Brenda,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before I assist you I would like to know the information below,

• Do you have a Windows 10 copy of the operating system?

I suggest you check whether the Bit locker is ON or OFF using the steps below.

Can you verify if BitLocker is enabled or disabled on your device? You can Enable/disable BitLocker by going to Desktop and follow these steps:

• Swipe Right to Left to bring up the Charm.

• Choose Settings.

• Choose Control Panel.

• Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Verify whether BitLocker is on or off on each device.
    Also I suggest you to enable the WinRE so that you can enter the bit locker key and proceed.

When WinRE is disabled, you cannot enable BitLocker, and you receive an error message that resembles the following.

This PC doesn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

The solution would be to manually enable the windows recovery environment:

• Copying the winre.wim file from c:\windows\system32\recovery\ to a folder on a recovery partition. (The partition need to have a drive letter at this point.)

• Set the RE Image path. Example: reagentc /setreimage /path r:\recovery\windowsre

• Enable RE with command: reagentc /enable

• (You may remove the drive letter for the recovery partition after you have done this.)

• Bit locker will be enabled.
    If the issue still persists, suggest you to post your query on the below link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507(v=ws.11).aspx

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Viruzz Win User
    HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, Aug 3, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

After Windows Update Is automatically Bitlocker enable

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

After Windows Update Is automatically Bitlocker enable

1. After Windows Update Is automatically Bitlocker enable - Similar Threads - Update automatically Bitlocker

2. Boot fails after enabling bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot fails after enabling bitlocker: Hi! After enabling Bitlocker on my Windows 10 system drive I'm unable to boot. I have turned on Bitlocker on my C drive with the full-drive encryption and new-not-backward-compatible-encryption options not sure how are the options exactly called. I have backed up the recovery...
  3. BitLocker issue after automatic Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker issue after automatic Windows 11 update: Rebooted laptop with install new updates on. Laptop rebooted with that screen. I selected F2 and received message Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to security settings. Clicked on Set up my PIN but cannot get any further because I recently changed my email and...
  4. BitLocker issue after automatic Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker issue after automatic Windows 11 update: Rebooted laptop with install new updates on. Laptop rebooted with that screen. I selected F2 and received message Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to security settings. Clicked on Set up my PIN but cannot get any further because I recently changed my email and...
  5. BitLocker automatically enabled after Windows update & 30-day suspending of Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    BitLocker automatically enabled after Windows update & 30-day suspending of Microsoft account: Hello everyone,While living in Japan in 2017, I bought a Dell laptop and activated my Microsoft 365 account with a Japanese phone number. Now I am living in Vietnam and I switch my Microsoft account to a Vietnamese phone number. I have to wait for 30 days until my security...
  6. BitLocker Recovery Key on a machine with BitLocker enabled automatically

BitLocker Recovery Key on a machine with BitLocker enabled automatically: May you please assist. We have recently noted that most of our new purchased computers in my organisation have BitLocker enabled automatically when the machine is setup. Users are are not aware that they have BitLocker since BitLocker seems not to have been setup to require...
  7. Bitlocker Enabled Automatically - How to switch this off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Enabled Automatically - How to switch this off: Hi, We are a reseller of HP machines and over the past few months we are having issues Windows 10 and Bitlocker. There was a patch a couple of weeks back which caused a subset of HP workstations to bluescreen and keep rebooting. We found that when we tried...
  8. Updating Win10 to Redstone with BitLocker Enabled?

Updating Win10 to Redstone with BitLocker Enabled?: With the new major release of Windows 10 AU (Redstone) or even the upcoming Redstone 2 update planned somewhere around beginning of 2017, will I have to temporarily disable BitLocker in the process of updating to Redstone? Since this is a major update to Windows 10, can it...
  9. Bitlocker is automatically enabled on NTFS partition - how to disable?

Bitlocker is automatically enabled on NTFS partition - how to disable?: I'm just installing my notebook from scratch. I set up a dual boot with Fedora 27 and Windows 10 Pro. Both OSes are installed on the same SSD (1 TB). The system is EFI with Secure Boot activated. First of all I installed Win10 on a 200GB partition. Afterwards Fedora...
  10. Bitlocker Device Encryption enabled after imaging

Bitlocker Device Encryption enabled after imaging: I am trying to create a Windows 10 image for my organization, and cannot figure out one particular issue with Bitlocker. It seems that after I sysprep, and throw the image on a new computer, it then has BitLocker partially enabled. What I mean is that when going to the About...