Windows 10: After Windows Update, it takes too long to turn off or restart the pc

Discus and support After Windows Update, it takes too long to turn off or restart the pc in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I updated my laptop via Windows Update on 10th of July. The only update was "AMD - System 2.89.0.57". After the update, my computer's turn off and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ozanbi, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Ozanbi Win User

After Windows Update, it takes too long to turn off or restart the pc

Hi, I updated my laptop via Windows Update on 10th of July. The only update was "AMD - System 2.89.0.57". After the update, my computer's turn off and restart periods reached up to 1-2 min. No problem when I'm using it, but it takes too long to turn off and restart. It has nvme m.2 ssd and there is something wrong with this update. When I click turn off, the screen goes black immediately, but computer resumes working for about 1-2 min. AMD System seems as driver update and can not be removed. Help please

:)

Ozanbi, Jul 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 takes too long to shutdown/restart/hibernate

Hi the problem of my windows 10 PC is when its restart it takes too long after I update to version 1511. The shutdown process was ok but the restart process takes too much time. What should I do?

Mark AngeloPerdido, Jul 15, 2020
  3. shubhzr Win User
    Windows 10 taking too long to boot.

few days back I updated my pc to windows 10 although features are good, but its taking too much time for booting.

it takes around 5 mins to start its so irritating and same takes too long to log off.

anyone with the same problem?

please give suggestions.

thanks

shubhzr, Jul 15, 2020
  4. After Windows Update, it takes too long to turn off or restart the pc

Installing Windows 10 over 8.1 is taking too long

Hi,

I suggest you to restart your computer because it never takes long time. After your computer restarts check which version of Windows does it has. Based on which version of Windows you have, we will provide you further troubleshooting steps.

PranavMishra5582, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

After Windows Update, it takes too long to turn off or restart the pc

1. After Windows Update, it takes too long to turn off or restart the pc - Similar Threads - Update takes too

2. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  3. Update Taking Too Long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Taking Too Long: Hi. I am currently having the Windows 10 Update Assistant install the November 2021 update on my HP laptop. So far, it has been downloading and installing for over 5 hours. Is this normal and is there a way that I can get it to download faster? It is almost complete, but I...
  4. Update taking too long

Update taking too long: My device claimed it needed an update and asked me to clear multipled GB to install it, then it asked me to restart to finish installing, I started the restart over an hour ago and it hasn't even reached 1%...
  5. Laptop takes too long to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop takes too long to restart: When I restart my laptop, it takes a very long time. The strange thing is that when I boot up my laptop, like fresh boot or simple power on, it is fast and it has no problems ,it just boot up normally. If I restart my laptop, it takes too long that I had to press and hold...
  6. windows 10 restart taking too long

windows 10 restart taking too long: windows 10 restart taking too long. When I power on and off it takes less than 1 minute but whenever I restart then it takes about 7-10 minutes. I have i5 4670 processor 8gb ram...
  7. Restarting pc takes too long!

Restarting pc takes too long!: Hello, i am using Windows 10 Pro x64. Since i installed Windows, restart is way too slow. But now it is even worse. It takes almost 20 seconds sometimes. I tried to disable something, which has to do with system saving state image and hibernation and to disable automatic...
  8. Windows Taking Too Long to Restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Taking Too Long to Restart.: Hello, I recently realized that restarting takes longer than shutting my laptop down and turning it on again. It even works slower at the beginning when restarting it. The laptop is just half a year old. Laptop is fine it is working very good for its specifications but I just...
  9. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: My windows is updating . But its been like 2 hrs it has stopped in 15% . The white dots are still spinning but not increasing the update. Should i wait longer or try to restart.??...
  10. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54