Windows 10: After Windows update KB4535680BitLocker recovery screen asking me for a key but I never...

Discus and support After Windows update KB4535680BitLocker recovery screen asking me for a key but I never... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, It's been 1 month now I can get no sleep because I don't have access to my data and I spent countless hours in forums, Youtube, discussing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dauphinet, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Dauphinet Win User

After Windows update KB4535680BitLocker recovery screen asking me for a key but I never...

Hi guys,

It's been 1 month now I can get no sleep because I don't have access to my data and I spent countless hours in forums, Youtube, discussing with Microsoft Support, calling Lenovo Support... no one seemed to know about what was happening to me and millions of users I guess and I was about to start to believe I am going nuts until I've read this article saying that my issue is caused by Microsoft KB4535680 update:

https://betanews.com/2021/02/16/kb4535680-update-bitlocker-problems-windows-10/

After checking here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-12-2021-f08c6b00-a850-e595-6147-d0c32ead81e2

I couldn't find how to do it on my laptop.

To summarize, I am having a Bitlocker recovery screen and I don't have that key in my Microsoft/OneDrive account, on a printout I saved, on a USB flash drive, in an Azure Active Directory, held by a system administrator or whatsoever! Worth to mention this is a home/personal computer nobody but me used it.

Please trust me, even if I had Alzheimer's disease, I will remember it!

Is there a way to bypass that Bitlocker recovery screen on my laptop?

I cannot uninstall updates from that screen advanced option > uninstall updates so I've thought about downgrading or upgrading the BIOS... can it help?

Does someone know how we can bypass that Bitlocker recovery screen?

Thanks a lot for your help!
    After Windows update KB4535680BitLocker recovery screen asking me for a key but I never... cfe67905-b2fc-4d05-b3eb-edb75cb39f86?upload=true.png

:)

Dauphinet, Mar 6, 2021

2. win 10 suddenly not asking for pw on screen saver end

Hello,

This issue might occur due to corrupted user account settings. I suggest you to perform the steps below and check if this helps.

I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Write us back on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 6, 2021
  3. pj04 Win User
    Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and enabled settings of secure boot.

On "Enabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed."

After Windows update KB4535680BitLocker recovery screen asking me for a key but I never... [​IMG]

On "Disabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot has been disabled. Either Secure Boot must be re-enabled, or Bitlocker must be suspended for Windows to start normally."

After Windows update KB4535680BitLocker recovery screen asking me for a key but I never... [​IMG]

I don't have a recovery key. I don't remember setting one. I even searched for it in my Microsoft account. My device (ASUS X205TA) is listed but the recovery key is not.

Note that I don't have any useful data in the laptop, so I'd be fine with reinstalling windows even if I loose all the data. I just want to be able to use my laptop again.

pj04, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Ratandeep Win User

After Windows update KB4535680BitLocker recovery screen asking me for a key but I never...

BitLocker Recovery Key Entered Correctly but it Just Keeps Immediately Asking Me for it Again and Again

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate your time and concern.

I would suggest you to use steps provided in the following articles and check.

Refer:

Find my BitLocker recovery key

BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions

(Also holds good for Windows 10)

Please keep us updated.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

1. After Windows update KB4535680BitLocker recovery screen asking me for a key but I never... - Similar Threads - update KB4535680BitLocker recovery

2. Recovery key screen-never seen before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery key screen-never seen before: I have same issue. Blue screen shows at bottom of message-“Recover key ID” 9A9CC6A2…Is this the key I need?How do I enter alpha characters??Numeric is Fx keysThanks...
  3. Recovery key screen-never seen before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery key screen-never seen before: I have same issue. Blue screen shows at bottom of message-“Recover key ID” 9A9CC6A2…Is this the key I need?How do I enter alpha characters??Numeric is Fx keysThanks...
  4. Recovery key screen-never seen before

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bitlocker asking for recovery key, which was never provided to me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker asking for recovery key, which was never provided to me: Hi all, My Dell laptop was stuck at a blue screen asking for Bitlocker recovery key after reboot yesterday. As I looked up online, numerous articles and posts talked about looking for the recovery key by trying to log into various Microsoft product websites with different...
  6. Bitlocker asking for recovery key, which was never provided to me

Bitlocker asking for recovery key, which was never provided to me: Hi all, My Dell laptop was stuck at a blue screen asking for Bitlocker recovery key after reboot yesterday. As I looked up online, numerous articles and posts talked about looking for the recovery key by trying to log into various Microsoft product websites with different...
  7. Windows is asking for the recovery key after downloading the latest update but i can't find it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is asking for the recovery key after downloading the latest update but i can't find it: The laptop is asking for a recovery key after installing the latest update. I tried the normal method to find the key in my Microsoft account but it did not work. The Microsoft account does show my device is registered but it does not have the key and it says that there are...
  8. Windows is asking for the recovery key after downloading the latest update but i can't find it

Windows is asking for the recovery key after downloading the latest update but i can't find it: The laptop is asking for a recovery key after installing the latest update. I tried the normal method to find the key in my Microsoft account but it did not work. The Microsoft account does show my device is registered but it does not have the key and it says that there are...
  9. BitLocker recovery screen asking me for a key but I never installed it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker recovery screen asking me for a key but I never installed it: Hi all, Sorry this post is quite long because I want you to understand well my case and surely hundreds of thousands Win users I have a Lenovo X270 laptop that was running Windows 10 Professional. Hereis what happened: One day a little bit of soda poured out on it so...
  10. bitlocker asking for a recovery key after windows updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    bitlocker asking for a recovery key after windows updates: Hi Microsoft, bitlocker keeps asking for a recovery key after every monthly windows updates we get on our laptops we use HP and DELL the workaround of course is to use the recovery key stored in AD.this isn't a problem when we are dealing with two or three computers but...