Windows 10: After windows update: KB5039299 OS Build 19045.4598 , time zone auto changes to different...

Discus and support After windows update: KB5039299 OS Build 19045.4598 , time zone auto changes to different... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Once I booted my laptop today, my time zone auto changed to Hongkong's time zone, which is not my time zone currently India . My device hasn't moved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NikhilDeswal, Jul 9, 2024.

1. After windows update: KB5039299 OS Build 19045.4598 , time zone auto changes to different...

Once I booted my laptop today, my time zone auto changed to Hongkong's time zone, which is not my time zone currently India . My device hasn't moved from it's location, no VPN has been used. I have tried scanning through device multiple times, and no virus was found Malwarebytes, windows defender and tried few tools recommended by previous posts in this forum .I can change time zone in control panel, but as soon as I restart the time zone auto changes. If I turn off internet , then too time zone auto changes. I tried few fixed that have been mentioned in past like registry method, comma

:)

NikhilDeswal, Jul 9, 2024
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 9, 2024
  3. How to change just the time zone of windows inbuilt apps?

Hi Utsav,

For us to provide the appropriate steps for troubleshooting, we'd like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to set different time zones on each app on your PC?
    • Which app are you trying to modify the time zone?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 9, 2024
  4. After windows update: KB5039299 OS Build 19045.4598 , time zone auto changes to different...

Can't change time zone

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to set the correct time zone after resetting the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you logged in to the PC as an Administrator user?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer the below steps to re-register windows time service.

1. Click on Start menu and type
      CMD, right click on CMD and select Run as Administrator.
    2. Copy and paste the command and press Enter:
      w32tm /register
    3. Restart the PC and then try setting the time Zone

Also, we would suggest you to check the Windows time service.

1. Press Window + R key and type
      services.msc, click OK
    2. Scroll down and select
      Windows time
      service
    3. Double click on the service and set the
      Startup type to Automatic
    4. Then Start the service.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 9, 2024
Thema:

After windows update: KB5039299 OS Build 19045.4598 , time zone auto changes to different...

1. After windows update: KB5039299 OS Build 19045.4598 , time zone auto changes to different... - Similar Threads - update KB5039299 Build

2. After windows update: KB5039299 OS Build 19045.4598 , time zone auto changes to different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows update: KB5039299 OS Build 19045.4598 , time zone auto changes to different...: Once I booted my laptop today, my time zone auto changed to Hongkong's time zone, which is not my time zone currently India . My device hasn't moved from it's location, no VPN has been used. I have tried scanning through device multiple times, and no virus was found...
  3. After windows update: KB5039299 OS Build 19045.4598 , time zone auto changes to different...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After windows update: KB5039299 OS Build 19045.4598 , time zone auto changes to different...: Once I booted my laptop today, my time zone auto changed to Hongkong's time zone, which is not my time zone currently India . My device hasn't moved from it's location, no VPN has been used. I have tried scanning through device multiple times, and no virus was found...
  4. After restart time zone is changing to Canada time zone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After restart time zone is changing to Canada time zone.: On my company since 2 weeks ago 6 laptops with Windows 10 and 11 after restart are loosing the original Time zone and are changing to Canada time zone.I tried another time server, i tried to restart the Windows time service but the time zone is still changing after restart....
  5. After restart time zone is changing to Canada time zone.

After restart time zone is changing to Canada time zone.: On my company since 2 weeks ago 6 laptops with Windows 10 and 11 after restart are loosing the original Time zone and are changing to Canada time zone.I tried another time server, i tried to restart the Windows time service but the time zone is still changing after restart....
  6. Change Time zone

Change Time zone: I am trying to change my Time Zone but the button isn't allowing me and is grayed out. Please help me change the time zone. How can I get the button to allow me to change the time zone?...
  7. auto time zone setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto time zone setting: automatic time zone adjustment not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-time-zone-setting/8870b85a-e037-4b9e-ae84-336a71a3fac3
  8. Windows Time Changes when a user in a different time zone logs in

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Time Changes when a user in a different time zone logs in: Hello, I have several users internationally that log into my windows machine to access bookkeeping software. I have noticed lately that my windows time will change to an incorrect time (I believe based on their location) when they log in. I have tried to disable automatic...
  9. Auto Time Zone

Auto Time Zone: My auto time zone updater is disabled. How do I enable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-time-zone/730daa43-0e8f-4679-b759-26039f8c77f9
  10. change time zone

change time zone: I have recently restore my laptop and I cant change my time zone to gmt5.30. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-time-zone/48c89f25-8f2b-47bd-a2bb-ddb3e82e9450