Windows 10: after Windows update, mouse issue

Discus and support after Windows update, mouse issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My RCA tablet with keyboard went crazy after the last update. Some things keep poping up, mouse cursor is moving as it wishes. It looks like I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KrisKirscht, Feb 21, 2019.

1. after Windows update, mouse issue

My RCA tablet with keyboard went crazy after the last update. Some things keep poping up, mouse cursor is moving as it wishes. It looks like I am not there

:)

KrisKirscht, Feb 21, 2019

2. Glitched Mouse with most recent Windows Update!

Hi Emma,

To resolve the issue you're having with using your mouse, we suggest that you run the
    Hardware Troubleshooter on the computer with the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + S on your keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting and select it from the list.
    • Select Hardware and Sound, then Hardware and Devices.

If the issue persists, update your mouse or touch pad drivers with the steps on this

link.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 mouse issues

Hi Rick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

If the issue still persists, update the drivers for mouse by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager

• Expand ‘Mice and other pointing devices’.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 21, 2019
  4. after Windows update, mouse issue

New Windows update Mouse wheel problem

Hello Jack,

Please provide us more information to help you better:

• Do you face this issue only with browsers or all the applications?

• Are you using wired or wireless Mouse?

• Did you try connecting mouse to other port?

• Are you facing this issue with other Mouse too?

• To troubleshoot your issue we need to know which update is causing this issue. Please let us know what is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
    • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:
    Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + R, type Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar, click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the Troubleshooter.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Mouse drivers and check if it helps:

You may follow the steps in the article below:

Update drivers in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

after Windows update, mouse issue

1. after Windows update, mouse issue - Similar Threads - update mouse issue

2. Mouse issue after updating of Win11 from Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse issue after updating of Win11 from Win10: After the Win11 update, I notice my mouse is a bit out of control, auto moving and snapping even I do not touch it, especially when I am using old version software eg from 2017 and also during midnight when updating is on. Anybody encounter the same issue, and how to solve...
  3. Mouse issue after updating of Win11 from Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse issue after updating of Win11 from Win10: After the Win11 update, I notice my mouse is a bit out of control, auto moving and snapping even I do not touch it, especially when I am using old version software eg from 2017 and also during midnight when updating is on. Anybody encounter the same issue, and how to solve...
  4. Logitech G602 mouse stutter issues after windows update 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logitech G602 mouse stutter issues after windows update 2004: Since windows update earlier this spring/summer I've had issues with mouse stuttering. This has never been an issue before, the last 5 years using Win10 on my desktop with Logitech G602 mouse. No, it isn't batteries. No it isn't because my computer is slow. CPU utilization...
  5. Mouse Issue after forced Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Issue after forced Windows update: Windows updated on our shared domain using Windows PRO and now the mouses on two of our desktops force you to use the same settings. Unfortunately we have a left handed person and a right handed person on both these desktops. After windows forced an update, when the left...
  6. External keyboard and mouse issues after 20h2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External keyboard and mouse issues after 20h2 update: I updated Windows 10 to the 20h2 version and after that my external Bluetooth keyboard and mouse started having issues and disconnecting every day at least once. I thought that the issue is with the keyboard or BT but then I brought back my old wire keyboard and I also...
  7. Keyboard and Mouse having issues after may 2020 update

Keyboard and Mouse having issues after may 2020 update: Hello, I am a Programmer and I use WSL a lot and i have updated to ver 2004 for WSL2 and it worked for fine for a week and I didnt work on this PC it for a week and a half instead i took my usb wireless combo to another device for some other work. After about 2 weeks I came...
  8. Keyboard and mouse issues after W10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse issues after W10 update: I seem to have lost contact with my keyboard and mouse after the latest update. I guess I might need to update my drivers but how can I do that when I can't type or click!? Cant even get passed locked screen. Have swapped out my devices so I think I have ruled out...
  9. Mouse issue after Windows update, Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse issue after Windows update, Windows 10: Since last update, My RCA tablet with keyboard is doing crazy things. It acts as tho someone else is on here with me and clicking all kinds of things that I am not clicking. Things are constantly poping up and have to fight to get control of mouse to remove all the things...
  10. Mouse Tracking Issues After Windows 10 Update

Mouse Tracking Issues After Windows 10 Update: Hello, My Windows 10 installation has just updated itself, and since then I have had problems with the pointer tracking of my Logitech G402 mouse. The mouse pointer will track well past where I stop my mouse, as well as shake and jiggle when the mouse is stationary. This...