Windows 10: After Windows Update, My Sound Has Just Vanished

Discus and support After Windows Update, My Sound Has Just Vanished in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Microsoft community, I have had this issue before and all I had to do was wait, but now I cannot as I do not have the time. Simply enough, I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Usna1., Jan 11, 2019.

1. Usna1. Win User

After Windows Update, My Sound Has Just Vanished

Hey Microsoft community,

I have had this issue before and all I had to do was wait, but now I cannot as I do not have the time.

Simply enough, I'm turning off my PC for the night through "Sleep" and I saw there was an update, I didn't want to update it at the time so I just left it to sleep. Magically enough, the update installs overnight despite I turned off automatic updates, and my sound isn't there.

(What I mean by it isn't there After Windows Update, My Sound Has Just Vanished 0d59854bb3fa0428d23f41815543bf4f.png )

It simply says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in" but my earphones were.

I have tried deleting the driver and restarting my PC to see if it can repair itself, but no luck.

If anyone can help me, please do.

If possible, do not include anything that may harm my PC.

PC Specs :

Intel Core i7-8700

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

ASUS TUF H310M-PLUS Gaming Motherboard

8GB Of DDR4 Ram from Corsair

A WD SSD

A Seagate 1TB Hard-drive

The Windows I am using is Microsoft Windows 10 Home.

Please find a solution, I will be most grateful.

Yours sincerely,

Usna.

:)

Usna1., Jan 11, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue After Windows Update, My Sound Has Just Vanished :p

cadaveca, Jan 11, 2019
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Dave1776 Win User

Sound vanished!

Hi Ben

Here is my sound panel it is selected but no sound from speakers when i right click and test. Was fine yesterday morning before the update that seems to be effecting alot of users from seeing the drivers thread here.

The bottom checked one was added after I did what you suggested above that did get sound back to my headphones but not the speakers.

The top 3 have been there since I got the laptop in June. Were all fine yesterday or last time I looked at this panel with icons and options available until yesterday when they all went to how you see them.

After Windows Update, My Sound Has Just Vanished [​IMG]

Dave1776, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. After Windows Update, My Sound Has Just Vanished - Similar Threads - Update Sound Has

2. Why has audio sound completely vanished from my laptop. there is no audio sound when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has audio sound completely vanished from my laptop. there is no audio sound when...: Why has audio sound completely vanished from my system. There is no audio sound when playing music or watching movies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-audio-sound-completely-vanished-from-my/85adfbfd-349e-4c34-a359-7ca0574ae180
  3. Why has audio sound completely vanished from my laptop. there is no audio sound when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has audio sound completely vanished from my laptop. there is no audio sound when...: Why has audio sound completely vanished from my system. There is no audio sound when playing music or watching movies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-audio-sound-completely-vanished-from-my/85adfbfd-349e-4c34-a359-7ca0574ae180
  4. My PC has no sound after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC has no sound after windows 10 update: After a windows 10 update I have no sound on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-no-sound-after-windows-10-update/ecafe225-2576-48de-8721-b0e67a7c9f26
  5. window10 sound vanished

window10 sound vanished: After window10 update yesterday, my sound vanished. System > sound > " no output devices found" . Nothing to enable . Please help if you can ? Thanks Basu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window10-sound-vanished/aa757879-1fe5-451d-ae1b-e85630ed1ae5
  6. Profile vanished after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Profile vanished after update: My desktop installed an update recently and as it's a work computer I hadn't started the machine since. Today, I boot it up and my entire profile is missing. I can log in with the same code, but all my apps, settings, wallpaper everything is gone from the machine. I've not...
  7. My sound has just disappeared

My sound has just disappeared: sound has gone whilst I was watching a utube post ........have checked settings and all seems normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-has-just-disappeared/73059149-9bc4-4855-b7bc-b88d2b75d6bb
  8. Vanishing pointer after updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Vanishing pointer after updates: This problem started maybe a month and a half ago with an update. After I reset my computer, the mouse pointer essentially vanished. It would flicker occasionally, and I could still use the mouse (touchpad and usb mouse) to click on things, but barring an occasional flicker...
  9. My cursor vanished after an update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My cursor vanished after an update.: My cursor vanished after an update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-vanished-after-an-update/0ea80fc4-cfba-448d-beb7-2e6bc341821a
  10. Sound vanished!

Sound vanished!: Hi OK this morning I had no issues what so ever. When shutting down I did have a small update didn't take long to update and system shut down pretty much like normal. Booted up this evening and it finished the update but then I noticed I had no sound. I tried restarting no...