Windows 10: After Windows Update Nov 13/14 audio channels in Surround directed to wrong speaker?

Discus and support After Windows Update Nov 13/14 audio channels in Surround directed to wrong speaker? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a PC that is roughly a year old and worked fine until yesterday. Then the Windows Update installed and the Windows Store broke. At that point I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wincelU, Nov 16, 2018.

1. wincelU Win User

After Windows Update Nov 13/14 audio channels in Surround directed to wrong speaker?

I have a PC that is roughly a year old and worked fine until yesterday. Then the Windows Update installed and the Windows Store broke. At that point I reset my PC via the Refresh option. Afterwards all my software gone (sorry but that is not a REFRESH) and I had to install the Creative Soundblaster Software and driver again. When that was done I realized that now the surround sound is broken. Nothing changed hardware wise in terms of cables or such but suddenly the left rear channel audio is played (with distortion) via the right rear speaker and the right rear channel audio is played via the front right speaker. Stereo/front/center bass channels are all fine.

I have testwise disabled the integrated audio via UEFI firmware (which I actually need for a second output system and it worked fine until yesterday) and uninstalled/reinstalled the Soundblaster driver and software, but the problem remains.

Since it is not the first time that a Windows 10 update screws up surround sound I am tempted to believe that is another such case. How would Microsoft learn about this?

Intel i3-7100

Intel HD 630

Creative Soundblaster Z

Windows 10 Home 64

:)

wincelU, Nov 16, 2018

2. Only stereo channel available in Speaker setup

Hi, I've updated to windows 10 1803 version. I'm using a dell inspiron 5558 laptop with the latest updated realtek audio driver. I'm unable to find any audio channels other than stereo when going through the following steps. Sound-> Playback-> configure.

The quadraphonic, 5.1 and 7.1 channels aren't available in it. Also using the pre-installed dell audio manager, going through the following steps( Dell Audio-> Speaker/Headphone-> Speaker Setup) only stereo is set by default and there is no other channel
    configuration available. I've a 4.1 channel system with a 3.5 mm jack but on connecting that too the channel options aren't displayed.

The bios and all drivers are updated to the latest version.

Can anyone help me figure out what is the cause of the problem?

Shatrujeet Rathore, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Logitech surround speakers not recognized as surround speakers?

Press Windows+X keys

Choose Control Panel

Click to "view devices and printers" under Hardware and Sound

find your Logitech speakers right click on icon & choose remove device

then unplug Logitech usb/wire connection from pc

reboot pc

then plug in Logitech speaker connection (usb/wire)

Test surround on software program that reproduces surround audio in say movie/video

Jmarco0921, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

After Windows Update Nov 13/14 audio channels in Surround directed to wrong speaker?

Labtec 5.1 surround sound speaker issue

in windows XP (and in certain sound card software) it can automatically turn 2.0 channel audio, into 5.1 speaker sound by duplicating the sound.

In my case, i set mine like this:

After Windows Update Nov 13/14 audio channels in Surround directed to wrong speaker? Capture617.jpg

2 channel in, 6 channel out - i get music on all speakers.... but i dont get surround sound in movies or games (having stereo duplicated is not surround sound.)

Mussels, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. After Windows Update Nov 13/14 audio channels in Surround directed to wrong speaker? - Similar Threads - Update Nov audio

2. 5.1 channel surround error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5.1 channel surround error: PC does not allow me to set up 5.1ch sound. connected to tv which connect's to Sony home theater system via hdmi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/51-channel-surround-error/bd6ff664-c0d4-40e9-b9b0-760083ec992d
  3. 5.1 channel surround error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5.1 channel surround error: PC does not allow me to set up 5.1ch sound. connected to tv which connect's to Sony home theater system via hdmi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/51-channel-surround-error/bd6ff664-c0d4-40e9-b9b0-760083ec992d
  4. No Audio Sound after Nov 20 Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Audio Sound after Nov 20 Windows 10 update: After Windows 10 updated today, I'm getting no sound from my speakers. They were working right before the update. Volume is turned up. Speakers are selected. Driver is up to date. Speakers are connected properly. I ran troubleshooting and it would not help. What can...
  5. Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker: I have a wired speakers and a Bluetooth speaker I would like to use for surround sound. I can get the sound to come through both using stereo mix but would like to use it with windows sonic or dolby atmos as a surround speaker. Is there a feature in windows or a third party...
  6. Unable to hear speakers after January 14 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to hear speakers after January 14 Update: Hello. Ive checked that my speakers are selected. They are plugged into the rear motherboard i/o. Ive tried reinstalling drivers, restarting computer, disabling/enabling, and many other attempts but nothing seems to work. I will sometimes get a "audio renderer error, please...
  7. Windows Update Nov 13, 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Nov 13, 2019: The latest update has deleted several of my most recent Word documents completely. I've "searched everywhere", and looked manually in Users and my doc folder, but they are gone, gone, gone. Considering that the documents in question were university assignments, it is...
  8. Audio channels not working properly after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio channels not working properly after Windows Update: I have a PC that is roughly a year old and worked fine until yesterday. Then the Windows Update installed and the Windows Store broke. At that point I reset my PC via the Refresh option. Afterwards all my software gone (sorry but that is not a REFRESH) and I had to install...
  9. Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update: My laptop slowed down by a lot after the november 13 2018 update. I already reseted it. It's still very slow how do I fix this? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-laptop-due-to-nov-13-2018-update/df965aae-b5ca-4886-9aa4-a13d8aca39d6
  10. Office 2016 & Office 365 Monthly Channel v1710 build 8625.2127 Nov. 14

in Windows 10 News
    Office 2016 & Office 365 Monthly Channel v1710 build 8625.2127 Nov. 14: Monthly Channel November 14, 2017 Version 1710 (Build 8625.2127) Note: Current Channel is now named Monthly Channel. Excel: Security updates This channel release contains security updates covered in the following CVEs: CVE-2017-11877: Microsoft Excel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot