Windows 10: After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search

Discus and support After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Everytime i want to search something on Google Chrome it gets redirected to bing and 1miliseconds later it redirects me to google.Now it even redirects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bruh_404, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Bruh_404 Win User

After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search

Everytime i want to search something on Google Chrome it gets redirected to bing and 1miliseconds later it redirects me to google.Now it even redirects me to about:blank and then to google again?!I have BItdefender as my Antivirus but it can't detect anything.adw cleaner and rkill also can't find anything.Is it just me or does this happen to anybody else?

:)

Bruh_404, Mar 21, 2023

2. Bing Hijacked my Chrome Browser

I have the same issue. I'm using Chrome browser on windows 10 os. Yesterday, when I open a new tab in Chrome, I get the chrome new tab page, with my name and account options at the top right...as usual. Today, the new tab page opens without any account
    designation, although it says I am logged in to Google. Otherwise the page looks the same. However, when I try to search, I get Bing instead of Google, with no way to change it.

I tried, Chrome > Settings > Search > Manage search engines,
    but the only choice is %s - Bing, my Google.com search engine has disappeared, and the page will not let me add it.

I don't appreciate being hijacked by Bing...how do I get rid of this?? Any help would be appreciated...thank you!

Phoenixlives, Mar 21, 2023
  3. KimLibera Win User
    BROWSER HIJACKED BY BING. UNABLE TO REMOVE.

BING HIJACKED MY GOOGLE & I AM UNABLE TO DISABLE BY CONVENTIONAL METHODS BY GOING TO SETTINGS OR EXTENSIONS. IN FACT IT IS NOT EVEN SHOWING UP THERE AS AN APP. BUT WHEN I'M IN MY GOOGLE BROWSER & TYPE SOMETHING IN THE SEARCH BOX, A LIST WILL COME UP OF STUFF & IN THE CORNER IS BING. IT IS JUST TOO LIMITED IN SCOPE TO USE AS TOOL.

KimLibera, Mar 21, 2023
  4. After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search

Bing Hijacked my Chrome Browser

Hi Aiden,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issue with Browser homepage, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which browser pops-up after the Windows startup (Microsoft Edge/ Internet Explorer)?
    • Which is the default web browser on your computer?

I suggest you to make Google Chrome as a default web browser also, try to edit the home page in Google Chrome and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search

1. After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search - Similar Threads - Update March 2023

2. How to remove Bing hijack malware from Google Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Bing hijack malware from Google Chrome browser: Hello,I am looking to learn how to remove Bing hijack from my Google Chrome browser. It won't let me install an extension blocker because it changes it to Google Translate and I can't install the Guardio blocker when I use incognito mode - which is the only way to stop the...
  3. How to remove Bing hijack malware from Google Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Bing hijack malware from Google Chrome browser: Hello,I am looking to learn how to remove Bing hijack from my Google Chrome browser. It won't let me install an extension blocker because it changes it to Google Translate and I can't install the Guardio blocker when I use incognito mode - which is the only way to stop the...
  4. After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search

After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search: Everytime i want to search something on Google Chrome it gets redirected to bing and 1miliseconds later it redirects me to google.Now it even redirects me to about:blank and then to google again?!I have BItdefender as my Antivirus but it can't detect anything.adw cleaner and...
  5. After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search: Everytime i want to search something on Google Chrome it gets redirected to bing and 1miliseconds later it redirects me to google.Now it even redirects me to about:blank and then to google again?!I have BItdefender as my Antivirus but it can't detect anything.adw cleaner and...
  6. How do I stop Bing from hijacking all my searches from the Chrome search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Bing from hijacking all my searches from the Chrome search bar?: I've read until my eyes hurt but nothing seems to solve the problem. I've run CCleaner, Malwarebytes and Defender - all say I'm clean. I've searched for apps that may have been installed without my knowledge - the last one was months ago and this is a new problem about a week...
  7. How do I stop Bing from hijacking all my searches from the Chrome search bar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop Bing from hijacking all my searches from the Chrome search bar?: I've read until my eyes hurt but nothing seems to solve the problem. I've run CCleaner, Malwarebytes and Defender - all say I'm clean. I've searched for apps that may have been installed without my knowledge - the last one was months ago and this is a new problem about a week...
  8. How do I stop Bing from hijacking all my searches from the Chrome search bar?

9. Google search is hijacked to yahoo

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google search is hijacked to yahoo: My security is up to date but something is hijacking my browser from google to yahoo and who knows what else it is doing. I've reinstalled windows but it is still happening. How do I fix this?...
  10. Windows Update has hijacked my Google search and redirects to Bing!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update has hijacked my Google search and redirects to Bing!: Both my Surface and my desktop updated on 1/17. Suddenly every time I do a search in Google, "my search" redirects to Bing. I've tried deleting and references to Bing on my root drive - my system says I don't have permissions! I tried going through the apps uninstall, the...