Windows 10: After windows update on the 5th of April 2019 I am unable to open documents and programs

Discus and support After windows update on the 5th of April 2019 I am unable to open documents and programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The computer will restart and I can see the documents on the desktop but I can't open any folders, I can't open any documents. This happened overnight.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Foxupine, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Foxupine Win User

After windows update on the 5th of April 2019 I am unable to open documents and programs

The computer will restart and I can see the documents on the desktop but I can't open any folders, I can't open any documents. This happened overnight. I want to roll back the update but I can't seem to do that either.

It's also lost all of my indexing and turned it off and won't let me turn it back on.

Help!

:)

Foxupine, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Drone Win User
    Drone, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2019
  4. StefanM Win User

After windows update on the 5th of April 2019 I am unable to open documents and programs

StefanM, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

1. After windows update on the 5th of April 2019 I am unable to open documents and programs - Similar Threads - update 5th April

2. I am unable to open photos in My Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to open photos in My Documents: All photos that I try to open individually come back with an error: FILE SYSTEM ERROR -2147219196 Can you please tell me how I can get rid of this so that I can just view photos one at a time not as a slide show from the document rather than having to go a convoluted way in...
  3. Catastrophic Windows 10 update Nov 5th 2019 !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Catastrophic Windows 10 update Nov 5th 2019 !: This is what happened to me on the morning of wednesday November 6th : - On the evening of Nov 5th I left my laptop in sleep mode - This morning I clicked the mouse to wake the laptop up, and got an empty screen like when you first login to Windows - All my files were...
  4. Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates: I have spent 8 hours trying to fix this, that's a full days work (without breaks.) and I am *issed off. I am using windows 10 pro, it shows as updated with KB4480056, KB4493509, but last night there seemed to be at least 30 installing and it shut down restarted many times....
  5. Windows Update April 2019

Windows Update April 2019: Hello, My laptop started updating, which stalled at a certain point. I don't know what the percentage was, because the screen turned black. When I rebooted, the screen turned black again after showing the Asus logo. After several times trying to reboot my device, I tried...
  6. Windows 10 Update April 2019

Windows 10 Update April 2019: I installed the update on my Dell Inspiron April 11th. When I turned on my laptop after installing the update, my laptop ran just fine for about twenty minutes. Then, it shut off and has been completely unresponsive since. I cannot get it to power on, nor does a light come on...
  7. Microsoft April 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft April 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes April 2019 Security Updates Release Date: April 09, 2019 The April security release consists of security updates for the following software: Adobe Flash Player Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services...
  8. Microsoft April 2019 Security Updates

Microsoft April 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes April 2019 Security Updates Release Date: April 09, 2019 The April security release consists of security updates for the following software: Adobe Flash Player Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services...
  9. Blu-Ray not working after Windows Update April 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blu-Ray not working after Windows Update April 2019: I was burning a Blu-Ray DVD on a LGH WH16NS40 internal drive when a (huge) MS update started yesterday (4-5-2019). The disk was no good. After the MS update completed, File Explorer will only recognize the BD-RE drive as a standard DVD drive when I load a standard DVD....
  10. April 2019 Driver Update ... Was it released on April 1, 2019 to some users?

April 2019 Driver Update ... Was it released on April 1, 2019 to some users?: Was this update to be done on April 1, 2019. I received updates and was not sure if this was a correct update or not. It updated many drivers. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. april 2019 word document

2. i am able to open the documents and put in a password for security to print but then it comes back as unable to print.

3. how to update windows defender in windows xp after april 2019

4. cant login after windows update 2019 desktop will not load