Windows 10: After windows update, PC boots to troubleshooting menu

Discus and support After windows update, PC boots to troubleshooting menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC restarted this morning for the update, and now it boots to a keyboard select screen, then the screen pictured here. I've never seen this before,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wrpen, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Wrpen Win User

After windows update, PC boots to troubleshooting menu

My PC restarted this morning for the update, and now it boots to a keyboard select screen, then the screen pictured here. I've never seen this before, and I haven't downloaded any kind of software between now and the last update. Anyone know how to fix?After windows update, PC boots to troubleshooting menu [​IMG]

:)

Wrpen, Dec 12, 2019
  2. MikeC#3 Win User

Windows will not boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu.

Windows won't boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu. Tried every step in Troubleshoot, no change.

MikeC#3, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. After windows update, PC boots to troubleshooting menu

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

After windows update, PC boots to troubleshooting menu

1. After windows update, PC boots to troubleshooting menu - Similar Threads - update boots troubleshooting

2. PC not booting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not booting after Windows update: I just set my PC to install the latest update and shut down.After a while I returned to find a black screen with:"Reboot and Select proper Boot deviceor Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"My PC was working fine and booting correctly before this update.I...
  3. PC not booting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not booting after Windows update: I just set my PC to install the latest update and shut down.After a while I returned to find a black screen with:"Reboot and Select proper Boot deviceor Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"My PC was working fine and booting correctly before this update.I...
  4. PC not booting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC Not Booting After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Not Booting After Update: HiI installed a windows update yesterday and my PC will not boot since.It takes me to the repair options but none of them work. I have tried auto repair, uninstall last updates both options but do not work. Can't get past the repair options.Any suggestions?...
  6. PC Boot Loop troubleshooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Boot Loop troubleshooting: Hello, my pc is stuck in a boot loop in which the manufacturer's logo appears then it immediately restarts. I've tried accessing Safe Mode and winRE but I am unable to no matter how many times I shut the pc down and turn it back on. Any Help?...
  7. PC Boot Loop troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Boot Loop troubleshooting: Hello, my pc is stuck in a boot loop in which the manufacturer's logo appears then it immediately restarts. I've tried accessing Safe Mode and winRE but I am unable to no matter how many times I shut the pc down and turn it back on. Any Help?...
  8. PC Boot Loop troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. PC Stuck at Boot Menu After Latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Stuck at Boot Menu After Latest Windows 10 Update: After running the latest Windows 10 update this morning and attempting to restart, my Lenovo ideapad PC flashes past the Lenovo screen and is stuck at the Boot Menu. None of the Boot Menu commands are responsive including the ESC-Exit key. I've tried powering on and off but...
  10. Windows will not boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows will not boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu.: Windows won't boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu. Tried every step in Troubleshoot, no change. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-not-boot-goes-directly-to/65247a82-accd-4ec5-bb4e-328919060392