Windows 10: After Windows Update, Personlized Settings Not Working - A Quick Fix That Worked for Me

Discus and support After Windows Update, Personlized Settings Not Working - A Quick Fix That Worked for Me in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On August 15, 2018 I shut down my computer with Windows update. When I turned on the this morning Windows completed the update. Then I got the infamous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LindaDMurray, Aug 16, 2018.

1. After Windows Update, Personlized Settings Not Working - A Quick Fix That Worked for Me

On August 15, 2018 I shut down my computer with Windows update. When I turned on the this morning Windows completed the update. Then I got the infamous "Personalized Settings Not Recognized." I rebooted 3 times and got the same message. I log on with a Pin. After 3 times, I decided to try logging on with my Microsoft password. Wala! It worked. Windows Explorer appeared based on My personalized settings . I don't know if everyone having the problem is using a PIN but when I switched to my Microsoft password, everything worked. Just wanted to l put this out there in case it might help anyone else. God bless you with no stress in all of this, Linda

:)

LindaDMurray, Aug 16, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 16, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 16, 2018
  4. After Windows Update, Personlized Settings Not Working - A Quick Fix That Worked for Me

Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

After Windows Update, Personlized Settings Not Working - A Quick Fix That Worked for Me

1. After Windows Update, Personlized Settings Not Working - A Quick Fix That Worked for Me - Similar Threads - Update Personlized Settings

2. Quick Settings not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Settings not working: Whenever I try to click on one of the buttons in the Quick settings, the popup closes. When I hover over a button, it doesn't darken. This doesn't always happen because sometimes it works fine. But most of the time, it doesn't work.I am on Windows 11 on a Samsung laptop I...
  3. Quick Settings not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Settings not working: Whenever I try to click on one of the buttons in the Quick settings, the popup closes. When I hover over a button, it doesn't darken. This doesn't always happen because sometimes it works fine. But most of the time, it doesn't work.I am on Windows 11 on a Samsung laptop I...
  4. Windows 11 - Quick Settings not working after joining Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Quick Settings not working after joining Domain: Hello, I have installed Windows 11 and all available updates on my laptop I now have Windows 11 version 10.0.22621. The Quick settings worked fine until I joined our domain. Now the quick settings can no longer be opened. I get the following error in the event viewer. AppName...
  5. Windows 11 - Quick Settings not working after joining Domain

Windows 11 - Quick Settings not working after joining Domain: Hello, I have installed Windows 11 and all available updates on my laptop I now have Windows 11 version 10.0.22621. The Quick settings worked fine until I joined our domain. Now the quick settings can no longer be opened. I get the following error in the event viewer. AppName...
  6. Printer not working after Windows Update [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Printer not working after Windows Update [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Windows Updates are known for bringing the latest features and security updates to your computer. However, it doesn’t do any harm to your computer. But sometimes, you might face weird issues. One such issue is the printer not working after the Windows update. The...
  7. [ Quick Settings not working after KB5007215 Windows 11 ]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [ Quick Settings not working after KB5007215 Windows 11 ]: Hi,I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer, the Action Center was working correctly until i installed the KB5007215 for Windows 11 which includes a new version of the Action Center Quick settings. When i use the shortcut Windows + A or left click on the network, sound,...
  8. [ Quick Settings not working after KB5007215 Windows 11 ]

[ Quick Settings not working after KB5007215 Windows 11 ]: Hi,I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer, the Action Center was working correctly until i installed the KB5007215 for Windows 11 which includes a new version of the Action Center Quick settings. When i use the shortcut Windows + A or left click on the network, sound,...
  9. Windows settings not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows settings not working after update: After installing a windows update, launching settings wont work. Search function also stopped working and Im unable to right click on the desktop submitted by /u/MotherRub8 [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows Quick Assist not working for me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Quick Assist not working for me: When I try using “Windows Quick Assist” I get the following error. (See attached screen shot.) I can see the Security Code for just a second and then the “An Error Has Occurred” (screen shot) shows, telling me to close Quick Assist and try again later. Which does not work....