Windows 10: After Windows Update Search not working

Discus and support After Windows Update Search not working in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello one and all, I had a WINDOWS Update last night and this morning, first, all my Most Used Apps have disappeared. When I try to type an APP... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by explorerr, Jan 14, 2021.

1. explorerr Win User

After Windows Update Search not working

Hello one and all,

I had a WINDOWS Update last night and this morning, first, all my Most Used Apps have disappeared.

When I try to type an APP name in the search bar, it doesn't work.

I'm hoping someone can give me the solution. Thanks.

:)

explorerr, Jan 14, 2021
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 14, 2021
  3. erpguy53 Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

need KB4048970 if using Vista - that's the latest win32k.sys patch. while it's listed for Windows Server 2008 only, it should also install & work under Vista SP2 as I've tested myself on an old Vista machine.

for Win7 SP1, KB3172605 or better to speed up Windows Update searches as noted here:
    Search for Windows Updates takes forever? - A possible solution

erpguy53, Jan 14, 2021
  4. nkatsar Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. After Windows Update Search not working - Similar Threads - Update Search working

2. Windows search stops working after a Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search stops working after a Windows update: Hello,My son's computer has this issue. After doing a Windows update, the Windows search is no longer able to find files.We do a rebuild of the search index and it works until the next Windows update. Rinse and repeat.The computer is running Windows 10 22H2 but was having...
  3. Windows search stops working after a Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search stops working after a Windows update: Hello,My son's computer has this issue. After doing a Windows update, the Windows search is no longer able to find files.We do a rebuild of the search index and it works until the next Windows update. Rinse and repeat.The computer is running Windows 10 22H2 but was having...
  4. Windows search stops working after a Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Search Not Working After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Not Working After Update: After the most recent Windows Update, the search button doesn't seem to work. It keeps loading, and then crashes again. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-not-working-after-update/a08a09b6-0708-4ff5-8543-21602daa8905
  6. Windows 10 Search Not Working After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Search Not Working After Update: After the most recent Windows Update, the search button doesn't seem to work. It keeps loading, and then crashes again. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-not-working-after-update/a08a09b6-0708-4ff5-8543-21602daa8905
  7. Windows 10 Search Not Working After Update

in Cortana
  8. Search not working after the 2004 update

in Cortana
    Search not working after the 2004 update: I installed the 2004 update from the settings app, and having done that, the search option has simply stopped working. I tried resetting it with the PowerShell script, to no avail. The Windows troubleshooter and the sfc /scannow command cannot find any problems, but the...
  9. windows 10 search not working after windows update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 search not working after windows update.: i troubleshooted but got no results. the search bar is not even working in file explorer. windows search is running i checked that in "services". Is there anyway to fix this weird bug?? submitted by /u/Mogh9 [link] [comments]...
  10. Cortana and search box not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cortana and search box not working after windows update: Good day! I encountered problems with my audio, internet connection, and search box today after automatic windows update. I was able to fix the audio and internet connection after I did system restore. However, the search box (type here to search) and Cortana are both not...