Windows 10: After Windows update Windows 10 now requires password on startup

Discus and support After Windows update Windows 10 now requires password on startup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After the last Windows update my laptop is acting odd whenstarting up. On startup I receive a message that says "We are unable toconnect right now.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by N0PRO, Feb 14, 2021.

1. N0PRO Win User

After Windows update Windows 10 now requires password on startup

After the last Windows update my laptop is acting odd whenstarting up. On startup I receive a message that says "We are unable toconnect right now. Please check your network and try again later." When Ipress the OK button I am forced to log in with my Microsoft password. I also noticemy name is listed twice on the bottom right as if there were two separate accounts.

I went to netplwiz to uncheck the “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer” but it was already unchecked.

I do NOT want two accounts on this laptop and I do NOT wantto have to use a password to open my laptop. I certainly wouldn’t want to usemy Microsoft account to do so.

Thanks for your help.

:)

N0PRO, Feb 14, 2021

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Windows Startup password

It's most likely her Microsoft.com or live.com password it's linked to windows 10. I would recommend once you get in to either enable a pin or enable auto login

Her account must of got signed out somehow which is why it's asking for the Microsoft password either by major system update or buy a user switch or buy some setting the requires a log out

Just have her type in Microsoft.com into Google,and have her log into that site. Or it's also called live.com if she can't remember it it's likely saved in her passwords in the browser settings

If none of that works try tapping F8 immediately from start up see if booting into safe mode or something else works

jboydgolfer, Feb 14, 2021
  4. After Windows update Windows 10 now requires password on startup

Windows Startup password

Yes, I'm sure there wasn't a Microsoft account on the laptop. When I set it up, she didn't want one

So I had to do a factory restore on the laptop. All boot methods would crash. I found out the owner was duped into giving a scammer access to her computer. That's how the startup password got set.

See its not the same as the account login password prompt

Thanks for the link! I will most definitely save it and use it when needed

GoFigureItOut, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

After Windows update Windows 10 now requires password on startup

1. After Windows update Windows 10 now requires password on startup - Similar Threads - update requires password

2. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup: Hello,No matter what I do, Windows requires a password.On startup, first screen says incorrect password. Then when I click in the password section, my username shows up twice in the lower left of the screen.I am able to login under each username successfully with the same...
  3. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup: Hello,No matter what I do, Windows requires a password.On startup, first screen says incorrect password. Then when I click in the password section, my username shows up twice in the lower left of the screen.I am able to login under each username successfully with the same...
  4. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I want to require a startup password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to require a startup password: I originally set up Windows 10 to not require a password on startup. I now want to change that so that a password is required. I set everything up in Windows Hello with a Kensington fingerprint scanner. It requests a password after sleep but still automatically logs me in on...
  6. After latest update Password required.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After latest update Password required.: I did turn the password requirement off/to never in settings, but now after the update I have to sign in to windows each time after a new start. It is not a big issue for me, just wondering if it was like this for everyone. 170257
  7. Windows 10 Password requirement

Windows 10 Password requirement: Windows 10 upgrade from windows 8 - I want to permanently disable ANY and ALL password requirements for MY LAPTOP whether I am online or offline. When I am in airplane mode, your ridiculous company refuses to give me access to MY LAPTOP. Yes, I have tried EVERY SINGLE...
  8. Windows 10 now requiring password instead of PIN

Windows 10 now requiring password instead of PIN: Windows 10 Professional Version 1903, OS build 18362.295 – Intel Core i5-6500T, 16GB DDR4 PIN has been established, recognized and saved. Up until a short while ago I had been able to sign on after a startup, reboot or waking from sleep. I don’t mind this benign extra...
  9. Windows Startup suddenly requiring password

Windows Startup suddenly requiring password: After several years of using windows 10 'startup' in the "Never" require password sign-in mode on my desktop, for several days now, I have suddenly been required to use a password during startup. This apparently occurred subsequent to some 'automatic update' downloads from...
  10. Windows 10 no longer requires password at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 no longer requires password at startup: Good afternoon, I am not a user of Windows 10 but my dad (who is not good with computers) now has a computer with Windows 10. I am trying to help him with a problem that occurred this morning. Everything was fine with his computer yesterday but he says he turned it off last...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows updated and requires a password