Windows 10: After Windows Update, won't recover from hibernation correctly

Discus and support After Windows Update, won't recover from hibernation correctly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After this latest Windows 10 updates were installed on my Dell XPS 8930, I find that hibernation doesn't work. I can click on Hibernate from the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GaryFuchikami, May 3, 2019.

1. After Windows Update, won't recover from hibernation correctly

After this latest Windows 10 updates were installed on my Dell XPS 8930, I find that hibernation doesn't work. I can click on Hibernate from the power menu but the next time I turn on the PC, it behaves like it's doing a normal cold boot because none of the programs I had open when I hibernated are there and it goes through the normal cold boot sequence of loading the desktop and various icons on the taskbar. Previously, when I powered up the PC that was hibernated, I would get the desktop and all programs, etc. that were open at the time I hibernated it in a mere 30-35 seconds. However, now when I power up after I had hibernated the computer, it takes over a minute and a half to display the desktop (but all the icons on the taskbar aren't loaded yet so obviously it hasn't completed booting up, not to mention no programs are open at all which were open at the time I hibernated the PC.)

So, I guess Microsoft screwed up yet again. This did happen once about a month or so ago after a Windows update, but a week later when there was another "feature update" and I installed that, then the hibernation worked normally again. Hopefully Microsoft will fix this screw up with an update soon. For now, I have to put the PC to "sleep" instead if I want all my programs there when I power back up.

:)

GaryFuchikami, May 3, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, May 3, 2019
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. 3Colors Win User

After Windows Update, won't recover from hibernation correctly

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond After Windows Update, won't recover from hibernation correctly :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 3, 2019
Thema:

After Windows Update, won't recover from hibernation correctly

1. After Windows Update, won't recover from hibernation correctly - Similar Threads - Update won't recover

2. Computer won't wake from hibernation mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from hibernation mode: I have a HP spectre computer, and it doesn't wake up from hibernation. I have tried ti use the windows button + x, but nothing happens! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-wake-from-hibernation-mode/407dbe9f-b137-493f-80f7-7808dad92efd
  3. Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep: Since, I think, the last Windows Update, moving the mouse to recover from sleep or pressing power button to recover from hibernate, brings up a fresh and quite pleasant picture. Sometimes I click, or double click and it brings up the Windows "Sign In" box which I click and...
  4. Wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake from hibernation: My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there any way to wake up the...
  5. After updating, hibernate option disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After updating, hibernate option disappeared: I updated my PC to the last version and when I turned my PC on the next day I couldn't find Hibernate the system option in the power menu. I didn’t manage to reinsert the hibernate button through Control Panel. So I think that this option isn’t available. Why?...
  6. Windows not hibernating after latest update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not hibernating after latest update: Ever since the last update of windows 10, i have been noticing that at times when i put my laptop to hibernate, and try to open it after a while, i find that even though i had full battery, right now there is no battery left... So i tried it again and i found that the...
  7. Incoming VPN won't connect after hibernating

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incoming VPN won't connect after hibernating: I have setup an incoming VPN in Windows 10. It connects both internally and over the net, but once my computer is hibernated and started back up Windows will not accept the incoming connection. Once I restart again, everything is back to normal and I can connect. Not too sure...
  8. Won't wakeup from sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't wakeup from sleep or hibernation: Tried hard reset. Still getting single blinking light after several tries. What else can I try? How do I know if the battery is charging? Thanks 73683
  9. After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.

in Windows 10 Support
    After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.: Have an issue that I have not encountered before. After the machine resumes from hibernation, it starts to hibernate again right at the log on screen. Then I have to wake it again and it seems ok. Any ideas what setting can be the reason for this? 83740
  10. Strange behavior after waking from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange behavior after waking from hibernate: Lately my computer has been doing strange things after waking from hibernate. The first time 2 days ago after waking from hibernate my monitor did not wake up and just remained a black screen, yet after i restarted the computer it acted as if i had just woken it and the...