Windows 10: After Windows Update, won't recover from hibernation correctly

Discus and support After Windows Update, won't recover from hibernation correctly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After this latest Windows 10 updates were installed on my Dell XPS 8930, I find that hibernation doesn't work. I can click on Hibernate from the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GaryFuchikami, May 3, 2019.

1. After Windows Update, won't recover from hibernation correctly

After this latest Windows 10 updates were installed on my Dell XPS 8930, I find that hibernation doesn't work. I can click on Hibernate from the power menu but the next time I turn on the PC, it behaves like it's doing a normal cold boot because none of the programs I had open when I hibernated are there and it goes through the normal cold boot sequence of loading the desktop and various icons on the taskbar. Previously, when I powered up the PC that was hibernated, I would get the desktop and all programs, etc. that were open at the time I hibernated it in a mere 30-35 seconds. However, now when I power up after I had hibernated the computer, it takes over a minute and a half to display the desktop (but all the icons on the taskbar aren't loaded yet so obviously it hasn't completed booting up, not to mention no programs are open at all which were open at the time I hibernated the PC.)

So, I guess Microsoft screwed up yet again. This did happen once about a month or so ago after a Windows update, but a week later when there was another "feature update" and I installed that, then the hibernation worked normally again. Hopefully Microsoft will fix this screw up with an update soon. For now, I have to put the PC to "sleep" instead if I want all my programs there when I power back up.

:)

GaryFuchikami, May 3, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, May 3, 2019
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. 3Colors Win User

After Windows Update, won't recover from hibernation correctly

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond After Windows Update, won't recover from hibernation correctly :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 3, 2019
Thema:

After Windows Update, won't recover from hibernation correctly

1. After Windows Update, won't recover from hibernation correctly - Similar Threads - Update won't recover

2. Windows 11 won't boot normally after hibernating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won't boot normally after hibernating: After hibernating, I wake my Asus FA507RC R7 6800H, 8gb ddr5 up, but something strange: The Asus logo appear on the screen, and the spinner start spinning one second, then the screen black, then the logo and spinner appear again and after spinning 5-7 seconds, I can go to my...
  3. Laptop won't hibernate after updating to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't hibernate after updating to Windows 10 2004: Just updated gun 1909 to 2004. I am facing this issue where my laptop doesn't hibernate, instead it just locks down. And that's it. I've tried troubleshooting the power option and updating the drivers. Any idea? submitted by /u/ri8UpuRs [link] [comments]...
  4. windows hibernates automatically after statring from hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows hibernates automatically after statring from hibernate: when I cover my laptop screen it sleeps automatically and turn on hibernate automatically during some hours if I didn't use laptop till now its good, but after I turn it on again and the windowsopen it hibernate automatically after several seconds or 1 minute and I have to...
  5. Windows 10 does not recover from Hibernation

Windows 10 does not recover from Hibernation: My Hibernation file is set for 100% RAM. I select hibernation and system shows a "locking" screen for a moment and turns off. But when I switch it back on, it does a normal boot. It does not go back to before hibernation. And event viewer does not have record of...
  6. Hibernation not working after Windows updates

Hibernation not working after Windows updates: I've been having a problem from time to time with my Dell XPS 8930 that has the Optane memory (probably not the cause). After updating Windows, I sometimes find that when I hibernate the computer, the next time I turn it on, it's as if it had shut down rather than hibernate...
  7. Won't Hibernation after Sleep

Won't Hibernation after Sleep: My laptop will wake up in 30minutes after sleep, which is supposed to go into hibernation, instead, it just stay awake. My power setting is: sleep after - 15min hybrid sleep - off hibernation after - 30min wakeup timer - off Also, when I see event, there is this:...
  8. Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep: Since, I think, the last Windows Update, moving the mouse to recover from sleep or pressing power button to recover from hibernate, brings up a fresh and quite pleasant picture. Sometimes I click, or double click and it brings up the Windows "Sign In" box which I click and...
  9. Windows not hibernating after latest update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not hibernating after latest update: Ever since the last update of windows 10, i have been noticing that at times when i put my laptop to hibernate, and try to open it after a while, i find that even though i had full battery, right now there is no battery left... So i tried it again and i found that the...
  10. Won't wakeup from sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't wakeup from sleep or hibernation: Tried hard reset. Still getting single blinking light after several tries. What else can I try? How do I know if the battery is charging? Thanks 73683

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 18362.207 wont recover from hibernation