Windows 10: After Windows update, Xbox 360 controller stopped working

Discus and support After Windows update, Xbox 360 controller stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 PC and after last update my Xbox controllers connected wirelessly with the dongle adapter stopped working. However the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Teddy Essen, Dec 26, 2018.

1. After Windows update, Xbox 360 controller stopped working

I use Windows 10 PC and after last update my Xbox controllers connected wirelessly with the dongle adapter stopped working.

However the other controllers work without problems.

I cannot find new drivers for this controller anywhere - they offer the drivers only for Windows 7.

Please help me to find current drivers or to fix the controller.

:)

Teddy Essen, Dec 26, 2018

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Xbox 360 controller won't connect

Hi,

You can connect an Xbox 360 controller wirelessly to your computer by using an Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver only. For the instructions on how to connect your controller wirelessly using your Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver, you can follow the steps
    provided on this
    link

If the issue persists, we recommend that you connect the controller to the computer using a USB cable to test if there is an issue with the controller itself.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Dec 26, 2018
  4. After Windows update, Xbox 360 controller stopped working

Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi,

Compatibility issue is one of the potential reasons why the Xbox receiver cannot detect your Xbox 360 controller. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on this link below:

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

We also suggest that you visit this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to calibrate your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.

Kindly update us with results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

After Windows update, Xbox 360 controller stopped working

1. After Windows update, Xbox 360 controller stopped working - Similar Threads - update Xbox 360

2. XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.: Title says it all, just updated W10 yesterday, I have a wired 360 controller that was working perfectly fine on w10 until the most recent update....
  3. XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.: Title says it all, just updated W10 yesterday, I have a wired 360 controller that was working perfectly fine on w10 until the most recent update....
  4. XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox 360 kinect stopped working

Xbox 360 kinect stopped working: Hey, I came back home ready to play some blade and sorcery with full body using my kinect but the usual green flashing light isnt flashing and it isnt being picked up by my pc, it also appears I do no have LowerFilters in the regedit and have tried all sorts of thing to get...
  6. Xbox 360 kinect stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox 360 kinect stopped working: Hey, I came back home ready to play some blade and sorcery with full body using my kinect but the usual green flashing light isnt flashing and it isnt being picked up by my pc, it also appears I do no have LowerFilters in the regedit and have tried all sorts of thing to get...
  7. Wired Xbox 360 Controller no longer working after Windows Update

Wired Xbox 360 Controller no longer working after Windows Update: Good morning, Last night I shutdown my Windows 10 PC and carried out the most recent update. This morning I am no longer able to use my wired controller. I checked the drivers and normally I have Xbox 360 peripheral drivers installed. I followed the usual process to...
  8. Xbox 360 controller not working even after i update it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox 360 controller not working even after i update it: I have a Xbox 360 controller i was playing with the controller with no issue but recently after i updated to Windows 10 2004 my controller won't work even if i update my controller here's a pictures describe what i mean 1- https://imgur.com/dHZumGB 2-...
  9. xbox 360 controller not working as mouse

xbox 360 controller not working as mouse: I got my controller to connect using the Microsoft receiver but it wont work as a mouse just works in the Xbox app why and how do i fix thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-controller-not-working-as-mouse/3aad57f7-63b6-4c37-9daf-1c33cf92a4b1
  10. Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows

Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows: I had puchased a xbox 360(wired) controller few days ago, it works well initially for a week and then after that windows starts showing(on Connecting through usb) that it does'nt recognizing device. I had already doen this solutions which dont work- 1.When i connect it to...