Windows 10: After windows updated a few days ago, I cannot play any games.

Discus and support After windows updated a few days ago, I cannot play any games. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Folks. Really hope there is someone who can help me with this problem. So after I installed the most recent windows update, all my games are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BoggyTwoShoes, Jan 19, 2020.

1. After windows updated a few days ago, I cannot play any games.

Hi Folks. Really hope there is someone who can help me with this problem.

So after I installed the most recent windows update, all my games are unplayable. I have tested multiple games. It's also well worth noting that this happens when I try and play online, running offline games is fine.

I will use starcraft 2 as an example to describe the symptoms. So first thing I notice when I fire up battle net is that my friends list takes a LOT longer to populate, its used to be instantaneous. Running the game things also take real long to populate (lobby lists etc). Currently I'm just starting a custom game vs ai to test. So what happens is that every 2 or 3 seconds the game stalls. My framerate is max, and it does not change. My connection remains good. Task manager is not showing anything eating up resources. Other games like modern warfare wont start up at all.

I have tried a LOT of different things to try and solve this. I have reset my network and let the drivers reinstall, I have updated my bios and a whole bunch of other drivers. I have switched off game mode. I have replaced the windows anti virus with bitdefender. I have scanned ALL my drives for malicious software using 3 different anti virus programs. I have defragged all my drives. I have run a bunch of commands in an elevated command prompt (which I found online, cant remember the syntax now, but it had to do with DNS flushing etc.) I have run software to check for DPC latency. I have uninstalled the windows update. (though I cant remove the security update). I have turned off firewalls, AV software etc. I have reset my router. I have tried running the games as admin and in compatibility mode. I have tried moving starcraft to the ssd my OS is running on.

My system specs are as follows. CPU Intel I7 7700. 16GB ram. Geforce GTX 1050Ti. My network adapter is Intel Dual band Wireless - AC 3165. Windows 10 Home Edition. It's a Dell gaming laptop. I have fast internet, its a fibre connection 100mbps down 50 mbps up. I have 3 hard drives, one SSD 200gb where windows is installed. One 1 tb hdd where games and other stuff is installed on, as well as a 1tb external drive.

If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it, everything ran fine before the update.

I have no hair left to pull out.

submitted by /u/BoggyTwoShoes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BoggyTwoShoes, Jan 19, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 19, 2020
  3. heroes of might and magic 5 will not play after preview runs. worked fine on windows 10 untill update 2 days ago?

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game after an update. It is possible that the current Windows Update version is not compatible with the version of the game. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Did you purchase or download the game from Windows Store?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update the game?
    • Are there any error messages when you tried to launch the game after an update?

In the meantime, you may run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter by following the steps on this
    link
    to automatically detect and fix some of the most common issues.

Loraine Mon, Jan 19, 2020
  4. After windows updated a few days ago, I cannot play any games.

Xbox Play anywhere games

I uninstalled and re-installed the game. The freezing is still happening.

David-Murica, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

After windows updated a few days ago, I cannot play any games.

1. After windows updated a few days ago, I cannot play any games. - Similar Threads - updated few days

2. Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.: Hey,Ctrl+R to reload on any browser is not working, I use F5 now for this, I am a developer and i need to use ctrl+r. I have uninstalled recent windows update to check if thats causing issue, But no luck, I also checked the NVDIA geforce experience if its overtaken the...
  3. Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.: Hey,Ctrl+R to reload on any browser is not working, I use F5 now for this, I am a developer and i need to use ctrl+r. I have uninstalled recent windows update to check if thats causing issue, But no luck, I also checked the NVDIA geforce experience if its overtaken the...
  4. Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BSOD after update 2 days ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after update 2 days ago: really really annoyed can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-update-2-days-ago/abf644ec-4e2e-4058-9df8-7e867907d72c
  6. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  7. Last windows update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last windows update a few days ago: Since the windows 10 update a few days ago, a lot of my Microsoft products do not seem to be working properly. It seems odd to me that they release these updates before they see how they react with programs etc that they manage. Like Microsoft Solitaire. It keeps turning...
  8. For a few days i have had trouble with playing any type of online games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For a few days i have had trouble with playing any type of online games.: For around four days now it has been impossible to play any type of online game, for the sake of this post it showed it in Minecraft but I have the exact same issue in all online games including simple browser games. Although my PC is nothing special it ran games perfectly...
  9. I cannot safely eject usb drives since a few days ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot safely eject usb drives since a few days ago: Hello. Does anybody know if something has changed for w10 [16299.125]? Since a few days ago I cannot safely eject some usb pendrives because the OS says "something is using it", even though everything is closed. Could it be Windows Defender? How can I circumvent this?...
  10. BSOD crashing every few days while playing games or using any browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD crashing every few days while playing games or using any browser: Hello, I've recently been getting BSODs every few days. One of the times it crashed while I was just using Firefox and the other time it crashed while using the driver verifier when attempting to fix this problem. Tonight it crashed while using edge browser and playing...