Windows 10: After Windows updates, my wifi connection becomes hit-and-miss, or drops completely. This...

Discus and support After Windows updates, my wifi connection becomes hit-and-miss, or drops completely. This... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I ran the diagnostics within Windows 10. It just told me I had no internet connection, and that it was the router's fault, but it wasn't. Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkMcCutchen, Mar 27, 2020.

1. After Windows updates, my wifi connection becomes hit-and-miss, or drops completely. This...

I ran the diagnostics within Windows 10. It just told me I had no internet connection, and that it was the router's fault, but it wasn't. Everything else in the house is online, with no problem. Two phones, an Ipad, 2 smart TVsethernet, & Xbox Oneethernet, and they all are constantly connected to the router. No problem with anything, except my updated PC. I bought a new USB wifi adapter. That didn't fix it, permanently. Just for a few days, and then Windows 10 updated again. Now, the same problem. While the internet is currently connected, now, yesterday it dropped for no reason and was unable to recognize the internet connection for several hours. I left it alone. Went to bed. Woke up this morning, and it's connected again. I'd just like to know why that happens, and if it happens continually, I will bite the bullet, pay the extra money, and switch to a Mac.

:)

MarkMcCutchen, Mar 27, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond After Windows updates, my wifi connection becomes hit-and-miss, or drops completely. This... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 27, 2020
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Mar 27, 2020
  4. After Windows updates, my wifi connection becomes hit-and-miss, or drops completely. This...

Windows 10 dropping wifi connection

My laptop keeps dropping the wifi connection. It then says it can't find any wifi networks. Eventually it connects again for 5-10 minutes before it drops again. None of my other devices have any problems with the wifi network. I have followed all the steps
    here repeatedly and nothing has made any difference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Any ideas what to try next? It's driving me mad! Thanks.

VROBINSON1, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

After Windows updates, my wifi connection becomes hit-and-miss, or drops completely. This...

1. After Windows updates, my wifi connection becomes hit-and-miss, or drops completely. This... - Similar Threads - updates wifi connection

2. Wifi and Bluetooth devices are missing completely after last windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Bluetooth devices are missing completely after last windows update: Wifi adapter and Bluetooth is missing completely after last windows update. Troubleshooting, network reset, uninstalling last version or any other attempt to fix the issue didn’t work. Troubleshooting says devices not available on my laptop non-existent....
  3. Wifi and Bluetooth devices are missing completely after last windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Bluetooth devices are missing completely after last windows update: Wifi adapter and Bluetooth is missing completely after last windows update. Troubleshooting, network reset, uninstalling last version or any other attempt to fix the issue didn’t work. Troubleshooting says devices not available on my laptop non-existent....
  4. wifi drops connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi drops connection: The issue occurs every now and then. Wifi drops connection when my PC is idle. So I have to click the wifi button and press disconnect and then press reconnect. The issue is really annoying...
  5. Wifi connection drops on reboot

Wifi connection drops on reboot: When I reboot my Win 10 laptop the wifi connection drops so I have to manually reconnect. How can I maintain the wifi connection when I reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-drops-on-reboot/0b25972c-da15-411a-929b-044b6a0d9ace
  6. Wifi Connections Drops out after 1903 update and rollback

Wifi Connections Drops out after 1903 update and rollback: Hi, im using a Realteak 8812AE Wireless LAN 802.11 AC PCI-E NIC to connect to my router. 2 days ago i updated to 1903, and startet to see connections drops. It always downloads with full speed, which i guaranteed by my ISP. For a split second the conenction drops to 0...
  7. Windows 10 wifi connection drops

Windows 10 wifi connection drops: Everytime my lap top goes to sleep it loses its internet connection to my local wifi network. It states it is still connected but there is no internet connection. This happens everytime the computer goes to sleep....
  8. WiFi connection drop

WiFi connection drop: Every time I connect to wifi on my laptop with Windows 10, it freezes and fails. The laptop works well when it is disconnected, but as soon as I connect it to the internet it freezes. Please help, I can not do any work....
  9. WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode

WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode: Hello, We have one PC in our office that has the very irritating habit of dropping its WiFi connection every time it is woken up out of sleep mode. So each time on wake up we have to click the "Disconnect" button on our Wifi connection and then the "Connect" button. It's...
  10. Dropping WiFi connections

Dropping WiFi connections: Laptop, clean Windows install (1809 17763.107). Driver for Intel Wireless LAN Driver 20.80.0.0u installed EventID 1014 10400 5005 5002 5000 Q: Does anybody have a suggestion/idea ? Note: no other applications have been installed yet. [img] - 1014 Name resolution for...