Windows 10: After Windows Version 1909 update, printer is no longer printing

Discus and support After Windows Version 1909 update, printer is no longer printing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer, and Windows 10 just did an update to version 1909. Now my printer will not print. Each time Windows tries to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rmask2, Apr 9, 2020.

1. rmask2 Win User

After Windows Version 1909 update, printer is no longer printing

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer, and Windows 10 just did an update to version 1909. Now my printer will not print. Each time Windows tries to save it as a document with a .prn extension. I need the printer to go to print, not save. I troubleshooted the printer, then I uninstalled it, and reinstalled the software from HP. It didn't correct the problem. How do I fix this?

:)

rmask2, Apr 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 update November 2019 1909 - Printer issue still not resolved

My printers stopped working after the last Windows 10 update in October 2019. Unfortunately I was not able to remove the specific KB update which created the issue because it was not listed anymore after the version update...

I just installed the last 1909 release hoping that the printer issue would have been fixed but still nothing works.

I have fixed printer spooler but not even Microsoft Print to PDF works...

Any suggestion?

Ivan Franzoni, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Apr 9, 2020
  4. After Windows Version 1909 update, printer is no longer printing

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

After Windows Version 1909 update, printer is no longer printing

1. After Windows Version 1909 update, printer is no longer printing - Similar Threads - Version 1909 update

2. Printer no longer prints in color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer no longer prints in color: Using Windows 10, my printer Wireless HP Envoy 4520 no longer will print in color. The printer is old & no longer supported by HP. I can print in color from my tablet but not the desk top computer. Did a windows update do this? I have changed nothing nor installed anything...
  3. Printer no longer prints in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer no longer prints in color: Using Windows 10, my printer Wireless HP Envoy 4520 no longer will print in color. The printer is old & no longer supported by HP. I can print in color from my tablet but not the desk top computer. Did a windows update do this? I have changed nothing nor installed anything...
  4. Printer no longer prints in color

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Color printer no longer prints in color after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color printer no longer prints in color after upgrade.: Before the upgrade to 11, my printer worked fine. It is an Epson 4100 series and printed in color. After the update, my color printer no longer prints in color. We have tried turning it off and back on and did the troubleshoot for it but found no issues. Any ideas?TIACynthia...
  6. Printer No Longer Prints After Windows Latest Version Change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer No Longer Prints After Windows Latest Version Change: Hello. Running 32-bit Windows 10 version 20H2 on HP Pavilion dv9700t laptop. Brother MFC-8860DN USB Printer installed on USB port. Worked fine all functions: print, copy, scan, fax before latest Windows 10 version installation. Have had three separate one-hour plus phone...
  7. Windows 10 printer no longer prints

Windows 10 printer no longer prints: Hello everyone. 1st time for me here looking for help (or consoling) regarding my printer. It is an HP Photosmart D5360 and is connected via USB to my Toshiba laptop. It has stopped working (it does not print). I have spent many hours trying to determine the problem. The best...
  8. Windows 10 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 printer no longer prints: Hello everyone. 1st time for me here looking for help (or consoling) regarding my printer. It is an HP Photosmart D5360 and is connected via USB to my Toshiba laptop. It has stopped working (it does not print). I have spent many hours trying to determine the problem. The best...
  9. Microsoft Windows Updated to Version 10, 1909, KB4560960, printer no longer responds

Microsoft Windows Updated to Version 10, 1909, KB4560960, printer no longer responds: Twice Windows has updated to the latest version, and each time, my printer no longer works when a file is sent to it, but the scanning functions to the computer from the printer still work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for the printer, a Brother MFC-490, but it...
  10. Night Light no longer works after update - Windows 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light no longer works after update - Windows 10 version 1909: I just updated this today and now the night light no longer works - as I had it on all the time before my eyes literally hurt looking at the screen now. The function isn't greyed out - it's there as normal but when I select Turn On it doesn't. The night light adjuster scale...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer problems with windows 10 version 1909

2. after downloading windows 10 1909 my printer wont print. It says an error occurred during port configuration. This operation not supported.

3. windows update 1909 problems with printer

4. hp laser jet wont print after windows 10 update