Windows 10: After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

Discus and support After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Nice thing would be to let us actually own our copies of Windows, not to have to report to them or even ask their permission on every change of BIOS,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by CountMike, Oct 10, 2014.

1. CountMike New Member

After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

Nice thing would be to let us actually own our copies of Windows, not to have to report to them or even ask their permission on every change of BIOS, MB or whatever. I know, it would take a lot of fate in honesty but with right pricing is not unattainable. This way it's more like renting OS and they should call "spade a spade". I suspect subscription model is a move in that direction.

CountMike, Oct 12, 2014

2. We have an Office 365 subscription that we pay for monthly. I've told my mom we need to pay for it once a year, so we won't have to pay for it monthly. Also, alphanumeric, I am sorry I jumped down your throat. Let me give you all some information about me, so that this way yall might can understand me better. I have Asperger's Syndrome (Autism), and plus I am Bipolar. So, I am sorry once again for getting upset.

Jesse Williams, Oct 12, 2014
  3. How would it make it any worse than it is now? I don't get your logic?

alphanumeric, Oct 12, 2014
  4. dougout Win User

While we are on the topic of the cost of Windows, it seems to me that this whole Windows 10 business is about Microsoft making money.

We all know that businesses exist to produce products or services and as a USA guy I see this as a good thing as the consumer can use the product or not.

But so far Windows 10 is simply Windows 8.1 with a Start Menu. From what I have read this was originally going to be Windows 8.2 which was a move to satisfy the 2/3 of Windows users who do not like the Metro thing.

It appears that Microsoft decided that they can call the version with the Start Menu Windows 10 and make a great deal of money on it. If they had added the Start Menu to Windows 8 far fewer people would be interested in upgrading to Windows 10.

dougout, Oct 12, 2014
  5. The one big gotcha that I see with the subscription option is that at some point your hardware isn't going to support the new features/OS. What then? Do you keep paying so you can continue using Windows? Even though it won't receive any more updates? What happens if you end the subscription for that device, will that Windows still be usable or will it be non functional? The OEM's will be wanting you to buy a new device. What are you going to do with the old one? Who's going to buy that?

6. It's not a finished product. More features are likely to be added and more changes made. Hopefully based on customer feedback, not what they think we want? *Wink The final product could be a lot different than what it is now.

7. CountMike New Member
    MONEY, Nooo it's for the good of mankind !!!! (at least the part with MS stocks).

CountMike, Oct 12, 2014
  8. After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

If people didn't try to get a free ride a lot of that wouldn't be an issue. Like buying one copy and installing it on multiple devices. Or "borrowing" the work copy to install it on your home PC. The honest people always end up paying the price for what the dishonest people do, or try to do.

Also if you buy a full Retail version of Windows a lot of those restrictions are a non issue. OEM is cheaper so that's what most people buy.

9. BlueGuy Win User
    O-o-o-o-o so true!

*Thumbs

BlueGuy, Oct 12, 2014
  10. We have a subscription of Office 365 that we pay every month, but I told my mother that we should go ahead and pay for the price for it every year, instead of putting out money on it every month. Also, especially to alphanumeric and to whoever else I may have offended. I am sorry. But, let me explain myself so that you all will have a clear understanding about me. I have Asperger's Syndrome (Autism), plus I am Bipolar. So, I am sorry for jumping down your throat alphanumeric.

11. Sorry to hear about your issues. Apology accepted, although not really needed. *Smile

12. Why wasn't it needed?

13. After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

As far as I am concerned, it was just a difference of opinion. It's not something I lose any sleep over. I Don't believe you insulted me personally or anything like that. I do appreciate you apologizing, not everybody will do that.

14. Trust_No1 Win User
    This is exactly what I was referring to. Apples new OSes run on newer PC's. So equipment is a mute subject, plus every corporation, upgrades it equipment routinely. I don't know how old you are, but IBM used to be the corporate kings, they still are in massive organizations. So, it is quite easy for me to see Microsoft falling out of the corporate graces. If the Apple Pay turns out to be as successful as I think it will be, I think Microsoft should start worrying.

Trust_No1, Oct 12, 2014
  15. caperjack Win User
    this is not true, i own a older mac book with os 6.8 i think , that i can no longer update because apple says my CPU is not compatible to os7,so i need to buy a new laptop,i can add new cpu ,so one OS maker is no better than the next .
    so maybe Microsoft will do it the same on day

caperjack, Oct 12, 2014
Thema:

1. After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra - Similar Threads - Windows10 consumers won't

2. Windows10 update icons won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 update icons won't turn off: I've had several days of constant update icons showing on my taskbar and in the "shut-down" option of my start menu. Today, I looked up my update history in settings and found that the update in question has already been successfully installed in my computer. How do I shut...
  3. Windows10 update icons won't turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 update icons won't turn off: I've had several days of constant update icons showing on my taskbar and in the "shut-down" option of my start menu. Today, I looked up my update history in settings and found that the update in question has already been successfully installed in my computer. How do I shut...
  4. Windows10 update icons won't turn off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System consumes data on windows10 home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System consumes data on windows10 home: System consumes high amount of data in windows 10 home version even after disabling windows automatic update feature tried limiting data plan that too doesn't avoiding spike of data. Pls help!...
  6. HELP- Windows10 Won't Boot After Registry Editing

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP- Windows10 Won't Boot After Registry Editing: A day ago, when I started my laptop, one of my Seagate External Backup Plus drives could not be recognized by the ToolKit seagate no matter how many reboots etc. I ran a search and located an article for the seagate drive at easeus.com. Fix Seagate External Hard Drive Not...
  7. Windows10 won't reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 won't reinstall: Heey guys.. Tried to update windows10 and it didn't work, tried to reinstall it or even from the reset option and nothing worked!!! Help please! submitted by /u/nope_007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efws7m/windows10_wont_reinstall/
  8. Microsoft should pay for consumers to get their computers repaired after reciving the last...

Microsoft should pay for consumers to get their computers repaired after reciving the last...: I am 68 years old and I have no idea as to how to fix my malfunctioning computer. I was caught by surprise when my keyboard when it stopped working in a sporadic mode. I would have to stop whatever document I was working on, save it and then shut my computer down. After a...
  9. Windows10 won't reactivate after motherboard swap

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 won't reactivate after motherboard swap: My PC was an old corporate W7pro32 from 2011 which was upgraded to Windows10 when 10 came out, and activated OK. (linked to my personal MS account). Now I've changed the motherboard and it won't reactivate. I get 0xC004C003, but the message from the changed hardware...
  10. Windows10 crashing after update

Windows10 crashing after update: I bought win10 last August when I finally accepted XP was not that usefull. But. I have had to re-install Win10 like 4 times this far. It fights with my graphics card. I really don't care what your problem is with NVIDIA, but if I pay for the 10, I want the operating system...