Windows 10: After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

Discus and support After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After reading through this thread for a second time I need to go out and buy another case of Diet Pepsi, and a new Popcorn Popper. . .*Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by CountMike, Oct 10, 2014.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

After reading through this thread for a second time I need to go out and buy another case of Diet Pepsi, and a new Popcorn Popper. . .*Smile

2. CountMike New Member

Now, now, don't overdose on them.

CountMike, Oct 12, 2014
  3. caperjack Win User
    get the nice kettle cooker with the crank handle on top, makes the best popcorn ,
    oh, and diet post is not good for you. get some beer, lol

caperjack, Oct 12, 2014
  4. After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

I'm 56, I've been around PC's since the IBM clone wars and Window 3.0. I'm an electronic technician by trade. I'm retired now due to a bad back and chronic pain issues. There is more to it than just Windows and Office for most companies. In the early years of my career I installed electronic equipment used in civil aviation in Canada. All the ground based equipment used for communications and navigation. Radio beacons, Instrument landing systems, radar, etc. Latter on I moved over to the maintenance side of things. A lot of this equipment is installed at unmanned remote sites. Monitoring and some maintenance is done though a PC terminal connected to the equipment. The PC runs Windows but it also runs very custom proprietary software. Software that will only run on Windows and some times only a very specific version of Windows. Macs are not an option. Many many companies are in the same situation. Some employees could very well use a MAC but it most cases the real work is done on a Windows based PC.

alphanumeric, Oct 13, 2014
  5. alphanumeric, Oct 13, 2014
  6. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Oct 13, 2014
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

You obviously heard the one when Steve Jobs died -- St Peter at the gates to heaven on interviewing him for admission was reading from some stonework. Steve Jobs looked at him and then said "Isn't it about time you upgraded your tablets".

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 13, 2014
  8. After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

I seriously doubt Microsoft will give anything away win-10 wise it's not in their nature,
    I expect the same sells price as win-8 was when it was release about 15-20 bucks u.s. as an Upgrade from x-p or win-7 possibly even 8.1,
    They will make it up by subscriptions to office 365 like they have always made their bread and better on office of old *Wink

ThrashZone, Oct 13, 2014
  9. CountMike New Member
    *Thumbs

CountMike, Oct 13, 2014
  10. caperjack Win User
    caperjack, Oct 13, 2014
  11. alphanumeric, Oct 13, 2014
  12. CountMike New Member
    Is it still called Hackintosh ?

CountMike, Oct 13, 2014
  13. After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

But you realize why Moonchild had to go there right? The new Pale Moon is a first step in breaking away from Mozilla Firefox, so in the long run, it's a good thing.

I admit that I am not a fan of subscription models, only because I like control over when I update and why I update. But the truth is, Microsoft NEVER has given us the right to "own" our copy of Windows. We are granted a license to use Windows in a fashion that Microsoft sees fit. It's their property.

Jody Thornton, Oct 13, 2014
  14. Indeed it is inevitable given that Firefox seems to be turning into Chrome, whereas Pale Moon is keeping a (IMO) sensible customisable GUI.

Given that fact, they should should have created a tool, which could read the add-on config files and replaced the GUID numbers.

True, but it should never have been allowed.

Software companies are a law unto themselves.
    The MPAA members & RIAA members can't "come around to your house" and take your legally purchased items (without some sort of court order).
    What is the difference between "their" IP and a software company's IP?

lehnerus2000, Oct 14, 2014
  15. BlueGuy Win User
    I haven't noticed that, except Chrome doesn't conform to my desktop theme, it stays with its' own colours.
    Whereas with Firefox, not only do I port over the profile folders to each new installation, I port over the .ini files, hence my Firefox still looks a lot like it did in FF2 and in 2000Pro.

BlueGuy, Oct 16, 2014
Thema:

After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

1. After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra - Similar Threads - Windows10 consumers won't

2. Windows10 update icons won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 update icons won't turn off: I've had several days of constant update icons showing on my taskbar and in the "shut-down" option of my start menu. Today, I looked up my update history in settings and found that the update in question has already been successfully installed in my computer. How do I shut...
  3. Windows10 update icons won't turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 update icons won't turn off: I've had several days of constant update icons showing on my taskbar and in the "shut-down" option of my start menu. Today, I looked up my update history in settings and found that the update in question has already been successfully installed in my computer. How do I shut...
  4. Windows10 update icons won't turn off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System consumes data on windows10 home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System consumes data on windows10 home: System consumes high amount of data in windows 10 home version even after disabling windows automatic update feature tried limiting data plan that too doesn't avoiding spike of data. Pls help!...
  6. HELP- Windows10 Won't Boot After Registry Editing

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP- Windows10 Won't Boot After Registry Editing: A day ago, when I started my laptop, one of my Seagate External Backup Plus drives could not be recognized by the ToolKit seagate no matter how many reboots etc. I ran a search and located an article for the seagate drive at easeus.com. Fix Seagate External Hard Drive Not...
  7. Windows10 won't reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 won't reinstall: Heey guys.. Tried to update windows10 and it didn't work, tried to reinstall it or even from the reset option and nothing worked!!! Help please! submitted by /u/nope_007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efws7m/windows10_wont_reinstall/
  8. Microsoft should pay for consumers to get their computers repaired after reciving the last...

Microsoft should pay for consumers to get their computers repaired after reciving the last...: I am 68 years old and I have no idea as to how to fix my malfunctioning computer. I was caught by surprise when my keyboard when it stopped working in a sporadic mode. I would have to stop whatever document I was working on, save it and then shut my computer down. After a...
  9. Windows10 won't reactivate after motherboard swap

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 won't reactivate after motherboard swap: My PC was an old corporate W7pro32 from 2011 which was upgraded to Windows10 when 10 came out, and activated OK. (linked to my personal MS account). Now I've changed the motherboard and it won't reactivate. I get 0xC004C003, but the message from the changed hardware...
  10. Windows10 crashing after update

Windows10 crashing after update: I bought win10 last August when I finally accepted XP was not that usefull. But. I have had to re-install Win10 like 4 times this far. It fights with my graphics card. I really don't care what your problem is with NVIDIA, but if I pay for the 10, I want the operating system...