Windows 10: After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

Discus and support After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 for free ? huh! I don't think so, neither it should be. Microsoft will put them in loss if they do that. Also, I don't find any reasons for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by CountMike, Oct 10, 2014.

1. After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

Windows 10 for free ? huh! I don't think so, neither it should be. Microsoft will put them in loss if they do that. Also, I don't find any reasons for what Windows 10 upgrade should be free?? According to preview, I don't feel consumers will mind paying for Windows 10..
    There is already a thread similar to this Free Windows 8 to Windows 10 Upgrade Useless, PC Makers... . It will be pretty useful for knowing others opinion. According to me, They should not release for Free!!

Fahadking07, Oct 17, 2014
  2. Trust_No1 Win User

When all their competitors software is free, I think they will be forced to make some concessions. I believe the day of Microsoft charging $100+ for their OS is behind them, and I see nothing compelling about Windows 10 to make me think otherwise.

Trust_No1, Oct 17, 2014
  3. Just now, only preview is released. There is much coming in future. Yes, I am agree with you about competitors... But, Windows OS is not like others OS. They have something unique, special, which is currently not available in all OS. If you compare Windows OS with others, you will find a lot of difference between them and the most of the important thing, Windows will be more useful than others.

4. CountMike New Member

After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

Well MS has started some trends to free SW. IE forced free browsers, MSE and Defender, free AVs for instance. Just seen this : http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-C...d-462502.shtml some kind of system like this would not be far off. Indeed, if PC market would fall off drastically, MS would loose much of their other product revenue. Seriously doubt that earnings from apps could substitute moneys from Office and other SW including games too. Anybody heard of a term "Loss leader" and what it means ?, windows could just become one.

CountMike, Oct 17, 2014
  5. Trust_No1 Win User
    Like what? What do they have that others don't?
    Now on the other hand, the competition also has thousands of usable Apps that Windows doesn't.

I also see many criticize Apple's closed system for developers, but I do have to say, I believe Apple's OS to be far more secure than Windows.

I just think Microsoft has a never-ending uphill battle, on their hands.

Trust_No1, Oct 17, 2014
  6. I don't feel to argue now! But according to Microsoft and people's expectations, this time Microsoft will show whats special is there in Windows 10. If they fail then I will be agree with you *Smile

#Peace

Long Live *Start Microsoft

7. CountMike New Member
    What does MS have is clientele, millions of them, many times more than all other combined. Billions invested by people and organizations in SW which most would like to keep instead of buying anew, training people to use a very different stuff.

CountMike, Oct 17, 2014
  8. After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

Totally Agree with you!

9. Kari Win User
    What's wrong with the Windows 8.1 with Bing, which by the way was published almost half a year ago (May 2014)? It is a clever move from Microsoft, offering OEMs a cheap version of Windows to be pre-installed on their low cost netbooks and laptops. Not only clever but also consumer friendly, making the OS costs so low for OEMs they can offer a full range of budget netbooks, notebooks and laptops equipped with Windows 8.1.

Windows 8.1 with Bing is maybe the best example of a Windows OS where both computer manufacturers and consumers needs meet, courtesy by Microsoft.

10. Mystere Win User
    Not legally. The OSX license forbids running it on non-Apple hardware.

Mystere, Oct 17, 2014
  11. Mystere Win User
    You do realize that that service contract is what pays for the phone itself, right? You get a free (or cheaper) phone in exchange for committing to a service contract.

There are plenty of services that do not require a service contract, but you have to buy the phone yourself at full cost.

Mystere, Oct 17, 2014
  12. unifex Win User
    Very often buying a phone at full cost and subscribing to cheaper service ends up saving money over the two years or whatever the contract runs for.

unifex, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

1. After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra - Similar Threads - Windows10 consumers won't

2. Windows10 update icons won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 update icons won't turn off: I've had several days of constant update icons showing on my taskbar and in the "shut-down" option of my start menu. Today, I looked up my update history in settings and found that the update in question has already been successfully installed in my computer. How do I shut...
  3. Windows10 update icons won't turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 update icons won't turn off: I've had several days of constant update icons showing on my taskbar and in the "shut-down" option of my start menu. Today, I looked up my update history in settings and found that the update in question has already been successfully installed in my computer. How do I shut...
  4. Windows10 update icons won't turn off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System consumes data on windows10 home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System consumes data on windows10 home: System consumes high amount of data in windows 10 home version even after disabling windows automatic update feature tried limiting data plan that too doesn't avoiding spike of data. Pls help!...
  6. HELP- Windows10 Won't Boot After Registry Editing

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP- Windows10 Won't Boot After Registry Editing: A day ago, when I started my laptop, one of my Seagate External Backup Plus drives could not be recognized by the ToolKit seagate no matter how many reboots etc. I ran a search and located an article for the seagate drive at easeus.com. Fix Seagate External Hard Drive Not...
  7. Windows10 won't reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 won't reinstall: Heey guys.. Tried to update windows10 and it didn't work, tried to reinstall it or even from the reset option and nothing worked!!! Help please! submitted by /u/nope_007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efws7m/windows10_wont_reinstall/
  8. Microsoft should pay for consumers to get their computers repaired after reciving the last...

Microsoft should pay for consumers to get their computers repaired after reciving the last...: I am 68 years old and I have no idea as to how to fix my malfunctioning computer. I was caught by surprise when my keyboard when it stopped working in a sporadic mode. I would have to stop whatever document I was working on, save it and then shut my computer down. After a...
  9. Windows10 won't reactivate after motherboard swap

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 won't reactivate after motherboard swap: My PC was an old corporate W7pro32 from 2011 which was upgraded to Windows10 when 10 came out, and activated OK. (linked to my personal MS account). Now I've changed the motherboard and it won't reactivate. I get 0xC004C003, but the message from the changed hardware...
  10. Windows10 crashing after update

Windows10 crashing after update: I bought win10 last August when I finally accepted XP was not that usefull. But. I have had to re-install Win10 like 4 times this far. It fights with my graphics card. I really don't care what your problem is with NVIDIA, but if I pay for the 10, I want the operating system...