Windows 10: After yesterdays Windows Update my software quit displaying text within its edit boxes

Discus and support After yesterdays Windows Update my software quit displaying text within its edit boxes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use a software development program for ETL that generates a small, fly-out window box for each line of code that I choose to edit. When it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eMerges, Jan 15, 2020.

1. eMerges Win User

After yesterdays Windows Update my software quit displaying text within its edit boxes

I use a software development program for ETL that generates a small, fly-out window box for each line of code that I choose to edit.

When it was working properly a few hours ago, in the little box a list of functions would appear and I would enter the code and I then hit save after each edit in order to go to the next line. The software calls this RIFL text editing.

After installing Windows updates this morning the little box only appears as a square empty box frame now, none of the functions nor text editing features display in the box any longer. Only the exterior frame of the box displays. I can not enter any code in the box. The software has been neutered as a result of this update. It was working this am until I restarted windows and installed the latest update.

Can I undo the update, is this a known issue? HELP?!

Thoughts?

:)

eMerges, Jan 15, 2020

2. Paint in Windows 10 - Editing Text Boxes

I need to edit the size of a text box in Windows Paint but the Text Box Tool only allows me to create a new text box even when the image size is 100%. I have tried select all but this does not highlight the text boxes only the outline. Is there a way that
    I can get back into the text box without having to undo every thing and loose quite a lot of work?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ZoeWarwick, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Search box not displayed correctly

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display and chipset drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 15, 2020
  4. After yesterdays Windows Update my software quit displaying text within its edit boxes

Text box editing

I'm using 3D paint to create posters. I'm importing a photo then overlaying with a text box. However, once I have finished with the text box I can't figure out how to activate it again to make changes. Maybe I want to change the positioning or change the
    text content. Instead I am having to start over from scratch again.

Moved From:

ShawnTasker, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

After yesterdays Windows Update my software quit displaying text within its edit boxes

1. After yesterdays Windows Update my software quit displaying text within its edit boxes - Similar Threads - yesterdays Update software

2. Remote Desktop Services - Text Box display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Services - Text Box display: I'm working with a legacy application published to our Windows 2012 session hosts. We are testing the app on Windows 2016 session hosts but we see that particular text boxes do not display text when rendered on the client. This seems to happen when we published the app on our...
  3. Remote Desktop Services - Text Box display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Services - Text Box display: I'm working with a legacy application published to our Windows 2012 session hosts. We are testing the app on Windows 2016 session hosts but we see that particular text boxes do not display text when rendered on the client. This seems to happen when we published the app on our...
  4. Remote Desktop Services - Text Box display

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. This "software update" Looks quite out of place

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This "software update" Looks quite out of place: So this “software update” looks a bit out of place and i would just like to know what program this is from it appeared after i downloaded visual studio 2019 from unity after malwarebytes and windows security scans nothing is detected but it looks very out of place...
  6. Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text: Hello all, I hope everyone is keeping well and safe! I just have a really quick question for everyone. Within Win7, you had a setting called "Windows Colour and Appearance" found within "Control Panel & Personalisation" Here you were able to choose a "on screen item or...
  7. Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text: Hello all, I hope everyone is keeping well and safe! I just have a really quick question for everyone. Within Win7, you had a setting called "Windows Colour and Appearance" found within "Control Panel & Personalisation" Here you were able to choose a "on screen item or...
  8. Icons in Windows 10 not showing notifications after software update yesterday

Icons in Windows 10 not showing notifications after software update yesterday: Until yesterday, I would get a yellow envelope below my Outlook icon in the taskbar when I had new mail and a notification on the Slack icon that I had a new message. All my settings are the same and I have checked them in Windows 10, Outlook and Slack. The only thing that...
  9. Software for displaying Information (text, images, clips...)?

Software for displaying Information (text, images, clips...)?: Hello. Is there software that allows me to automatically display various information? For example, for behind a shop window. Or guerrilla projection in public. Currently I try to tinker with image editing (black background, white text), which is awkward. No "good flow". Then...
  10. No text displayed in explorer after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    No text displayed in explorer after Creators Update: I have updated my Windows 10 to the latest version. After update I can't see any text in explorer (no folder and file names), only icons are shown. The same problem is with old Control Panel. On the other hand, the new settings menu is working as well as menu start. I've...