Windows 10: (Again...) Disabling automatic restarts during/after Windows Update

Discus and support (Again...) Disabling automatic restarts during/after Windows Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello again. So I posted about this a while ago, people kept telling me to just change active hours and that "u cant bc microsoft says so", so I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ScandicMinecraft, Nov 22, 2020.

1. (Again...) Disabling automatic restarts during/after Windows Update

Hello again. So I posted about this a while ago, people kept telling me to just change active hours and that "u cant bc microsoft says so", so I got desperate, then angry, then I got banned from here. So first of all an apology for that. I eventually figured out how to do it (after an entire day spent googling) so, knowing it can be done, I'm not desperate.

Thing is, I reinstalled Windows recently and can't seem to remember which "hack" did the trick. I already changed the group policy and that wasn't it, so it must've been one of the other tricks. Vaguely recalling, Registry Editor was among them. I'm about to spend yet another day googling unless someone in this sub happens to have done this more recently than I have and remembers the gory details. For reference, I didn't use any third-party tools last time, so Windows DOES allow for this despite many people believing otherwise.

tl;dr: What is the one trick to completely and terminally disable automatically restarts after an update? There's a trick, don't nobody tell me there's no trick, like I said I've done this before.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/ScandicMinecraft
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ScandicMinecraft, Nov 22, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Disable automatics updates

Hi MelissaRobinson3.

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor.

I would like to help you.

You can try to disable automatic updates starting from the point that automatic updates behave like any service. Follow these steps:

* Press the Windows + R key, type services.msc in the execution bar and press the Enter key.

* In the list of processes locate the Windows Update and open it by clicking on it.

* To disable it, in the General tab, look for the field "Type of start" and change it to "Disabled".

* Restart the PC and the automatic updates will have gone down in history.

If at any time you want to activate them again, simply follow these steps again and change the startup type to "Automatic".

DouglasMillar69, Nov 22, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

(Again...) Disabling automatic restarts during/after Windows Update

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

(Again...) Disabling automatic restarts during/after Windows Update

1. (Again...) Disabling automatic restarts during/after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Again Disabling automatic

2. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Other users have called Windows Update a cancer and there is no better word to summarize it. This morning I opened my laptop and found it had restarted. Every single thing I had been working on the for the past two weeks is gone. IDE closed, reference docs closed, data files...
  3. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Other users have called Windows Update a cancer and there is no better word to summarize it. This morning I opened my laptop and found it had restarted. Every single thing I had been working on the for the past two weeks is gone. IDE closed, reference docs closed, data files...
  4. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. automatic restart again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic restart again and again: hello i am using windows 10 for a long time then i decided to install kali linux while installing i choosed the non graphical installation method and i was unsuccessful to install and later i installed windows 10 again. After this my laptop automatically restart in every 2-5...
  6. automatic restart again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic restart again and again: hello i am using windows 10 for a long time then i decided to install kali linux while installing i choosed the non graphical installation method and i was unsuccessful to install and later i installed windows 10 again. After this my laptop automatically restart in every 2-5...
  7. automatic restart again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates: I need a way to disable automatic restarts on Windows 10 Home. Setting active hours does not work. I have engineering programs that run on my system 24/7 and I'm tired of losing data because I come back in the morning to find that my computer randomly restarted during the...
  9. Restarting after the automatic repair again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarting after the automatic repair again and again: I have a wizbook laptop and it is redfox, my problem is it keeps restarting after scanning windows defender offline. After the scan it does not show the advance option and will restart again. The stop code was inaccessible boot device. Please help me regards on this issue....
  10. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Is there any REAL way to disable this cancer feature? This is not the first time i have lost unsaved work due to this annoying function, that almost every Windows user hates. I'm trying to behave, but it is really hard to keep calm after loosing unsaved work multiple...