Windows 10: (Again...) Disabling automatic restarts during/after Windows Update

Discus and support (Again...) Disabling automatic restarts during/after Windows Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello again. So I posted about this a while ago, people kept telling me to just change active hours and that "u cant bc microsoft says so", so I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ScandicMinecraft, Nov 22, 2020 at 9:22 AM.

1. (Again...) Disabling automatic restarts during/after Windows Update

Hello again. So I posted about this a while ago, people kept telling me to just change active hours and that "u cant bc microsoft says so", so I got desperate, then angry, then I got banned from here. So first of all an apology for that. I eventually figured out how to do it (after an entire day spent googling) so, knowing it can be done, I'm not desperate.

Thing is, I reinstalled Windows recently and can't seem to remember which "hack" did the trick. I already changed the group policy and that wasn't it, so it must've been one of the other tricks. Vaguely recalling, Registry Editor was among them. I'm about to spend yet another day googling unless someone in this sub happens to have done this more recently than I have and remembers the gory details. For reference, I didn't use any third-party tools last time, so Windows DOES allow for this despite many people believing otherwise.

tl;dr: What is the one trick to completely and terminally disable automatically restarts after an update? There's a trick, don't nobody tell me there's no trick, like I said I've done this before.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/ScandicMinecraft
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ScandicMinecraft, Nov 22, 2020 at 9:22 AM

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 22, 2020 at 9:26 AM
  3. Disable automatics updates

Hi MelissaRobinson3.

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor.

I would like to help you.

You can try to disable automatic updates starting from the point that automatic updates behave like any service. Follow these steps:

* Press the Windows + R key, type services.msc in the execution bar and press the Enter key.

* In the list of processes locate the Windows Update and open it by clicking on it.

* To disable it, in the General tab, look for the field "Type of start" and change it to "Disabled".

* Restart the PC and the automatic updates will have gone down in history.

If at any time you want to activate them again, simply follow these steps again and change the startup type to "Automatic".

DouglasMillar69, Nov 22, 2020 at 9:26 AM
  4. bigscale Win User

(Again...) Disabling automatic restarts during/after Windows Update

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

Thema:

(Again...) Disabling automatic restarts during/after Windows Update

1. (Again...) Disabling automatic restarts during/after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Again Disabling automatic

2. How to disable automatic restarts after updates completely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable automatic restarts after updates completely?: First of all: Sorry to bring this up again, I'm sure this question probably gets asked a lot. But somehow I haven't found a working solution (or done something wrong). What I want is to completely prevent my PC from automatically restarting, only restart when I explicitly say...
  3. Disable Windows 10 Pro Update Automatic Restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Windows 10 Pro Update Automatic Restart: I run a virtual server in VMware Workstation Pro on my Windows 10 Pro machine. It is mission critical for applications I serve for a non-profit, and should *NEVER* be shut down or rebooted byanyone or anything except me. Auto-reboot messes up my virtual server and takes down...
  4. What is the CORRECT way to disable automatic restarts after updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the CORRECT way to disable automatic restarts after updates?: Okay this is ridiculous. I know Microsoft does everything in their power to prevent users from being able to disable automatic restarts after updates, but I'm about to RETURN my copy of Windows 10 and legit go back to 8.1 if I can't disable this stupid feature. Last night I...
  5. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

Automatic Restart After Automatic Update: Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this? I did a Google search for...
  6. Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart: How can I disable Windows 10 automatic restart. This question has been asked A LOT on this board. I have done many of the suggestions but I need to know if any of them actually work. This is not a fact of losing simply losing information. The computer is going to be...
  7. Disable Automatic Restart on Update in Windows 10

Disable Automatic Restart on Update in Windows 10: Dear Microsoft Community, I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004. It has been multiple times since the previous-previous releases that Windows 10 automatically restart my PC for automatic updates. This makes me lost my unsaved work in which I have spent a lot of hours. I...
  8. Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.

Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.: Hello, Months ago, your glorious updates messed up my computer. Just like always, I don't recall ever asking Windows to randomly shut down my computer, so it takes an hour or so updating. But it did, and users have always had little authority on their machines when it comes...
  9. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Is there any REAL way to disable this cancer feature? This is not the first time i have lost unsaved work due to this annoying function, that almost every Windows user hates. I'm trying to behave, but it is really hard to keep calm after loosing unsaved work multiple...
  10. Disabling automatic updates and restart on Win10 v1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disabling automatic updates and restart on Win10 v1607: Hello, I would like to know, does disabling automatic updates works on Windows 10 v1607 (Anniversary Update)? I would like to set it to ask me before installing updates. I tried set it via Edit group policy on Win10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 in Virtualbox but it seems it didnt...