Windows 10: Again. I've uninstalled Mail 10 App, re-installed, tried older restore point. Nothing fixes it.

Discus and support Again. I've uninstalled Mail 10 App, re-installed, tried older restore point. Nothing fixes it. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For no reason that I can account for my easy going long working Mail App of Windows 10 opens mail, but when I click on the link in the mail msg it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jackadashacka, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Again. I've uninstalled Mail 10 App, re-installed, tried older restore point. Nothing fixes it.

For no reason that I can account for my easy going long working Mail App of Windows 10 opens mail, but when I click on the link in the mail msg it won't work. "Can't Open" or a similar message, showing the long link in it's entirety in a small pop up window. I have used powershell, admin option, supposedly uninstalled, went to Store and reinstalled. Nope. Went back to an older restore point, nope, didn't help.Does anyone know this issue and how to placate it so it will consider working again? I would be so indebted and thankful. Jack ":-\\

:)

jackadashacka, Jun 24, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Again. I've uninstalled Mail 10 App, re-installed, tried older restore point. Nothing fixes it. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 24, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 24, 2022
  4. Again. I've uninstalled Mail 10 App, re-installed, tried older restore point. Nothing fixes it.

Should I uninstall the mail app and then re-install it?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help uoi in rsolo

As of now, I would suggest that you add another email account to your mail app and check if the same issue is occurring. If the same issue persist then, update your mail app and check.

Also I would to suggest that you try to un-install and re-install Mail app. To do so follow the steps mentioned below.

• Right click on the “Mail” application and select
      “Uninstall” option.

• Once the “Mail” application is un-installed, press
      “Windows key + R”.

• Select “Store” option from the list.

• Type “Mail” without quotes in the search box.

• You will find “Mail” application listed in the left panel.

• Select “Mail” application and select
      “Install” option.

• Once the “Mail” application is installed, check if this fixes the issue.
    Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related query and we will be happy to assist you further

Nachappa C K, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

Again. I've uninstalled Mail 10 App, re-installed, tried older restore point. Nothing fixes it.

1. Again. I've uninstalled Mail 10 App, re-installed, tried older restore point. Nothing fixes it. - Similar Threads - Again I've uninstalled

2. How can I restore to an earlier restore point in Windows 10? Nothing I've tried gives...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore to an earlier restore point in Windows 10? Nothing I've tried gives...: Everything leads to a dead end! *When I go to control panel I do not see an option for Windows 10, only Windows 7. When I tried to click it anyway it said Windows Backup had not been set, and trying to set a backup - it just said it couldn't be done.*When I just type in...
  3. How can I restore to an earlier restore point in Windows 10? Nothing I've tried gives...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore to an earlier restore point in Windows 10? Nothing I've tried gives...: Everything leads to a dead end! *When I go to control panel I do not see an option for Windows 10, only Windows 7. When I tried to click it anyway it said Windows Backup had not been set, and trying to set a backup - it just said it couldn't be done.*When I just type in...
  4. How can I restore to an earlier restore point in Windows 10? Nothing I've tried gives...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Again. I've uninstalled Mail 10 App, re-installed, tried older restore point. Nothing fixes it.

Again. I've uninstalled Mail 10 App, re-installed, tried older restore point. Nothing fixes it.: For no reason that I can account for my easy going long working Mail App of Windows 10 opens mail, but when I click on the link in the mail msg it won't work. "Can't Open" or a similar message, showing the long link in it's entirety in a small pop up window. I have used...
  6. Does System create a restore point before uninstalling an app?

Does System create a restore point before uninstalling an app?: Does System create a restore point before uninstalling 3D Paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-system-create-a-restore-point-before/443468f9-dcfe-431e-8497-166f4e9de2b1
  7. Re-activate again + restore point help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Re-activate again + restore point help.: So I upgraded my Windows from 7 to 10, follow their process to get the new key when they allowed free upgrade at the time. This was about 3-4-5 years ago, I dont remember. Now I was considering doing a reformat and clean install of windows because I havent done a reformat in...
  8. Uninstall and re-install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall and re-install: I keep getting the following message when I boot up. The file 'C:Program Files x86\driver support\svc/install.log ... I guess I've got to uninstall that file and then reinstall it. Don't know how to and don't even know where to find the file......Help?......Mick...
  9. Trying to uninstall and reinstall Mail and Calendar app

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to uninstall and reinstall Mail and Calendar app: I have uninstalled the mail and calendar app per Windows PowerShell, now I can't get it to install per the command, get-appxpackage*microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps*|remove-appxpackage. It removed it, but now it is saying that command does not work. I started all this...
  10. restore point uninstalled applications

in Windows 10 Support
    restore point uninstalled applications: if you make a restore point and then you uninstall different applications: will these applications be installed after restoring the restore point you've made before uninstalling the applications? how can such a restore point install these applications: it does not contain a...