Windows 10: Again...laptop audio seems bass boosted after 20H2 update,

Discus and support Again...laptop audio seems bass boosted after 20H2 update, in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Well. This is just great. After the 20H2 update, even with bass off, my computer seems bass boosted. The audio is distorted, muffled, and seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Meme678975, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Again...laptop audio seems bass boosted after 20H2 update,

Well. This is just great. After the 20H2 update, even with bass off, my computer seems bass boosted. The audio is distorted, muffled, and seems boosted. I got my headphone stuck in the socket, and used a thumbtack to get it out. It damaged the socket, so headphones are a no-go. I've tried multiple different threads, a golden standard fresh start, safe mode, everything possible. No fix. I'm really thinking its hardware related-but if there's anything that could fix this that could let me save some money- I would be greatful

:)

Meme678975, Mar 30, 2021

2. Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost

Hello,
    Recently I upgraded Windows to the new Anniversary Update. However, when I turn on Bass Boost in the Sound settings, there seems to be a weird crackling sound when playing a video, just as if my headphones are broken or can't play enough bass. I believe this has to do with Windows, as I found a really weird thing - if I go to the settings and disable Bass Boost, then enable it again, the video plays out fine. Until I play another video - then the sound is crap again. And so, every time I play a video I have to re-enable the Bass Boost to get a decent sound.
    This happens both with the default audio drivers and with the suggested Conexant drivers on the manufacturer's website.
    Before I upgraded Windows there was no issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks Again...laptop audio seems bass boosted after 20H2 update, :)

Vladislav Iliev, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Bass Boost not available on HDMI

I want to boost the bass on hdmi output of my laptop but it has low frequency protection instead of bass boost on enhancement tab. I also tried updating my HDMI sound driver but nothing happened. Is there any way i can boost the bass of my home threater.

KeshavGoel, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Again...laptop audio seems bass boosted after 20H2 update,

what exactly is bass boost in sound settings?

Hello mamabar,

The Bass Boost Settings increases the perceived quality of the audio by boosting the bass response in the frequency range that is supported by the speaker. Regarding your question, this setting will also apply to audios playing on other media player, but
    when a player has the enhancement feature such as graphic equalizer, that certain player can alter its own bass settings without affecting the Bass Boost Settings in Sound Settings.

Also, it would be great if you can explain more about the other frequency region.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Again...laptop audio seems bass boosted after 20H2 update,

1. Again...laptop audio seems bass boosted after 20H2 update, - Similar Threads - Again laptop audio

2. Headphones with bass boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones with bass boost: A while ago I got wireless headphones and now im putting them to use, i synced them with my pc but it has some type of bass boost effect, im not sure why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-with-bass-boost/36b90fa2-6dff-4a15-b7bf-8d72c0b7a10c
  3. Laptop speakers sound like the bass is boosted after the 20H2 update

Laptop speakers sound like the bass is boosted after the 20H2 update: ive tried everything. But my laptops speakers sound bass boosted for no reason. Mutpile threads, fresh start, every nick and cram of the internet. This happended after the 20h2 update, and even after rolling back wont work. what can I do? My headphone jack broke and while...
  4. no bass boost on audio mixer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no bass boost on audio mixer: i have an alienware aurora r8 and whenever i want to boost the bass i cant cus i dont have an enhancements tab with my speakers when i go to sound does anyone know a solution or is this permanent ive tried resetting my drivers and even un and reinstalling realtek nothing...
  5. Sound Bass Boost

Sound Bass Boost: When i look for my bass Boost on my Hyper X Cloud 2 in Sound control panel, bass boost is not an option. Ive updated drivers and still no change, ive also tried a 3rd party equalizer ( Equalizer APO ) and the sound doesnt change when applied submitted by /u/Lil-Grey-Pump...
  6. After updating laptop all audio sounds bass boosted

After updating laptop all audio sounds bass boosted: So I updated and restarted my Dell Laptop, running Windows 10, and once the restart finished all my audio sounds bass boosted. Using the audio controls I wasn't able to find any setting which would change this. I used this website,...
  7. Bass Boost not available on HDMI

Bass Boost not available on HDMI: I want to boost the bass on hdmi output of my laptop but it has low frequency protection instead of bass boost on enhancement tab. I also tried updating my HDMI sound driver but nothing happened. Is there any way i can boost the bass of my home threater....
  8. Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop

Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop: The solution is simple, Go to this site and download the Realtek HD Driver for Oct 2018. https://www.dell.com/support/home/au/en/aubsd1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=vvppy Uninstall your current driver and install this one. Be sure to save the file so you can do it...
  9. bass boost

in Windows 10 Customization
    bass boost: Hello, Please can you explain me, why you remove Bass Boost from sound/enhancement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bass-boost/0007a7c9-a90f-4ff8-91ff-1d0bbfbbfcfa
  10. Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost

Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost: Hello, Recently I upgraded Windows to the new Anniversary Update. However, when I turn on Bass Boost in the Sound settings, there seems to be a weird crackling sound when playing a video, just as if my headphones are broken or can't play enough bass. I believe this has to do...