Windows 10: Again sfc /scannow problem

Discus and support Again sfc /scannow problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Yesterday in WU, anti-malware update was updated. I did sfc /scannow now. Again I got error. I have attached cbs.log. Any clue what to do now? 137359 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lvgandhi, Jul 26, 2019.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Again sfc /scannow problem

Yesterday in WU, anti-malware update was updated. I did sfc /scannow now. Again I got error.
    I have attached cbs.log.
    Any clue what to do now?

:)

lvgandhi, Jul 26, 2019

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Jul 26, 2019
  3. lvgandhi Win User
    sfc /scannow error

Thanks.
    After above steps, I rebooted my laptop and did sfc /scannow. It is OK now.

lvgandhi, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:

1. Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    2. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
    3. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
    4. Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
    5. Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please advise:
    1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?

Steve C, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Again sfc /scannow problem - Similar Threads - Again sfc scannow

2. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sfc /scannow: i ran the “sfc /scannow” in command prompt and they showed me this (shown in picture attached). PLz help i dont know how to fix this ...[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/09e48fc6-ad7a-4b7f-9743-d808745aafd9
  3. SFC/SCANNOW

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC/SCANNOW: Cannot repair member file [l:27]'MSFT_MpComputerStatus.cdxml' of Windows-Defender-Management-Powershell, version 10.0.17134.1, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch 2019-07-19 10:11:31, Info CSI 00003e90 [SR] This...
  4. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Customization
    sfc /scannow: Windows resource protection will not let me run as admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/290e571e-190e-49b3-a0ec-b75a8d6cb4c5
  5. SFC /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC /scannow: windows resource proteciton found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. for online repairs,details are included in teh CBS log file located windir/logs/cbs.log [ aka C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.LOG. I have the CBS.log.. but i don't know how to post it nor do i see a...
  6. sfc /scannow says this.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow says this.: Some of the damaged files couldn't be repaired: [img] And, CBS.log says some errors similar to this one: 2015-11-26 16:02:04, Info CSI 00000442 Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory [l:23]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\bcastdvr" in component...
  7. SFC /SCANNOW Error

SFC /SCANNOW Error: When trying to run SFC /SCANNOW the following error is generated: C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. Is this a knpown problem with solution? 20898
  8. Problems With SFC Scannow

Problems With SFC Scannow: SFC Scannow is throwing up a problem Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Now I've tried to fix them with SFC Fix application but no joy. DISMfile attached. 14501
  9. Sfc /scannow

Sfc /scannow: Hi I'm new to the forum When running SFC / SCANNOW I get an error message - Can someone help in fixing the issues that it refers to? "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log...
  10. Opencl.dll on sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Support
    Opencl.dll on sfc /scannow: hey guys long time lurker here, usually i find solutions on my problem but this time around, i have no idea what to do! Short story: ran sfc /scannow and got the message "found corrupt files but cannot repair," specifically regarding Opencl.dll. Can i fix this w/o doing a...