Windows 10: Age of Empire 2 - The ages of Kings windows 10 wont run

Discus and support Age of Empire 2 - The ages of Kings windows 10 wont run in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please help. With the social distancing, i have pulled out some old PC games I have, specifically the AOE2 CD with product codes and CD set # of case... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StephenPater, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Age of Empire 2 - The ages of Kings windows 10 wont run

Please help.

With the social distancing, i have pulled out some old PC games I have, specifically the AOE2 CD with product codes and CD set # of case from 1999. I read lots of forums about fixing this game to run on windows 10. Short of downloading some random person patch my experience most contain viruses, I am at a loss of how to make this run. I have done the troubleshooting indicated compatibility error, the run as administrator, reinstalled, etc. Seeking help.

Of note, on a fresh install the actual game will appear with the buttons to start play 9but do not work. Once you close and try to start from start or icon, nothing happens.

:)

StephenPater, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Age Of Empires The Age Of Kings Multiplayer Crash

Hi,

This issue might happen if the Windows Firewall is blocking the game from connecting to the LAN.

I suggest you to add the Age of Empires the Age of Kings, to the exception list of the Windows Firewall and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by in the top right panel and select Small Icons.

• Find and click on Windows Firewall.

• Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall in the left panel.

• Click on Change Settings, find and check the Age of Empires the Age of Kings box for both
      Public and Private Columns.

• If Age of Empires the Age of Kings is not listed, then click on
      Add and select the installed path of the game.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Unable to run Age of Empires The Age of King game on Windows 10.

Original Title: Age of Empires The Age of King

I have 2 disc of Age of Empires that I bought, but now I installed it on my computer running Windows 10 and after installation, I double click to open and I get no response. Is this a compatibility issue? Do I need to but a new version of the game?

RayRodriguez88, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Age of Empire 2 - The ages of Kings windows 10 wont run

AGE OF EMPIRES 2

Age of Empires and Age of Empires 2 do not work properly with Windows 10, but Age of Empires 2 HD and Age of Empires III is available on Steam

I have all of Microsoft's available remastered games in Steam

HARDCORE GAMES™, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Age of Empire 2 - The ages of Kings windows 10 wont run

1. Age of Empire 2 - The ages of Kings windows 10 wont run - Similar Threads - Age Empire ages

2. Age of Empires II Age of Kings Installed with Disc but not launching.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires II Age of Kings Installed with Disc but not launching.: I am trying to play Age of Empires II Age of Kings on Windows 7. I have the disc and I am able to successfully download it but when I go to launch it, nothing happens. It appears to try to load but then nothing happens, no error sign or anything. I am not using Steam, only...
  3. Age of Empires II Age of Kings Installed with Disc but not launching.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Age of Empires II Age of Kings Installed with Disc but not launching.: I am trying to play Age of Empires II Age of Kings on Windows 7. I have the disc and I am able to successfully download it but when I go to launch it, nothing happens. It appears to try to load but then nothing happens, no error sign or anything. I am not using Steam, only...
  4. age of empires 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    age of empires 2: Program won't run after Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/age-of-empires-2/6b3487eb-b36d-4388-8128-a1d120b97950
  5. age of empire the age of kings/ microsoft game disc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    age of empire the age of kings/ microsoft game disc: i have the disc and it will not play when i put it in the drive. it is installed but when i click the play it will not play. it acts like it will play for 1 second and then cuts off . can you help me please. i use to play it all the time but it stopped...
  6. AGE OF EMPIRES 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AGE OF EMPIRES 2: AGE OF EMPIRES 2 NOT WORKING WITH WINDOWS 10. SOFTWARE INSTALLS , BUT DOSE NOT RUN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/age-of-empires-2/c73caefe-edf9-4065-9065-5996fcaa80f0
  7. Age of Empires 2/Age of Empires 2: Conquerors Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires 2/Age of Empires 2: Conquerors Issue: Hey! I recently formatted my pc and installed Windows 10, and I wanted to play Age of Empires 2. I tried to run it, but it wouldn't run saying "Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw. My specifications...
  8. age of empires 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    age of empires 2: i install the game and it does not work on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/age-of-empires-2/03a7eca8-6d77-4673-b801-91ea81534bfb
  9. Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 2 Expansion not running.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 2 Expansion not running.: I have attempted to run these discs trying any fixes that supposedly would overcome this problem but to no avail. I even downloaded a digital edition which would only result in an error code when trying to unzip. I have attempted to use suggested downloads that some claim to...
  10. Age of empires 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of empires 2: I can't get the age of kings or the conquerors to work in windows 10. Can someone help? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/age-of-empires-2/ec72c405-54cf-4807-b19a-77830471d54a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i run age of empires 2 on microsoft 10?