Windows 10: Age of Empires 2/Age of Empires 2: Conquerors Issue

Discus and support Age of Empires 2/Age of Empires 2: Conquerors Issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey! I recently formatted my pc and installed Windows 10, and I wanted to play Age of Empires 2. I tried to run it, but it wouldn't run saying "Could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Losteey, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Losteey Win User

Age of Empires 2/Age of Empires 2: Conquerors Issue

Hey! I recently formatted my pc and installed Windows 10, and I wanted to play Age of Empires 2. I tried to run it, but it wouldn't run saying "Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw. My specifications are: GTX 750 Ti, Core i3-7300 and 8GB of DDR4 Ram (2666MHz). What can I do to fix it? It runs Age of Empires 1 and Age of Empires 3 (all expansions too) smoothly, without any issues.

:)

Losteey, Mar 11, 2019

2. Age of Empires II Conquerors

I downloaded Windows 10 and now my Age of Empires II Conquerors don't work. Every time I try it tells me Age of Empires II has crashed.

How can I fix this without uninstalling Windows 10

naderhabib_758, Mar 11, 2019
  3. TimVance Win User
    Age of Empires II Conquerors

I downloaded Windows 10 and now my Age of Empires II Conquerors don't work. Every time I try it tells me Age of Empires II has crashed.

How can I fix this without uninstalling Windows 10?

TimVance, Mar 11, 2019
  4. AaronRJ Win User

Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings & The Conquerors Expansion - Not Working after Windows 10 Download

I recently activated my free download for Windows 10 on my desktop PC. I play some new and some old games on this PC. I have Age of Empires 1 with its expansion pack The Rise of Rome, Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings with its expansion pack The Conquerors,
    & Age of Empires 3 with both the Warchiefs and Asian Dynasties expansion packs. These are all from CDs, they are not downloads.

After my upgrade, I cannot operate AoE 2 Age of Kings or The Conquerors, but #1 and #3 both work. I assumed that part of the problem was because I use a batch file to fix the multicolored graphics only present in AoE 2 because my PC flags the game as making
    changes to the PC and asks for Admin authority.

The internet granted me one possible fix - activating the default Administrator Account that Windows 10 adds. I did so, but didn't have any change. I also reinstalled both Age of Kings and The Conquerors and readded the batch file.

Let me describe what's happening: I insert my CD, click on the icon, message appears asking for Admin Auth. to change, I click "Yes", nothing. I get no icon on the task bar, no screen change. This is the same whether or not I right click and choose "Run
    as Administrator" or attempt to run through a third party.

Please assist if possible.

AaronRJ, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Age of Empires 2/Age of Empires 2: Conquerors Issue - Similar Threads - Age Empires Age

2. I am trying to install age if empires 2 and age of empires 2: conquerors edition. But when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install age if empires 2 and age of empires 2: conquerors edition. But when...: I am trying to install age if empires 2 and age of empires 2: conquerors edition. But when it installs it cannot run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-install-age-if-empires-2-and-age-of/6706ec7c-f79a-4b7a-a193-746c718d4b36
  3. I am trying to install age if empires 2 and age of empires 2: conquerors edition. But when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to install age if empires 2 and age of empires 2: conquerors edition. But when...: I am trying to install age if empires 2 and age of empires 2: conquerors edition. But when it installs it cannot run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-install-age-if-empires-2-and-age-of/6706ec7c-f79a-4b7a-a193-746c718d4b36
  4. age of empires 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    age of empires 2: Program won't run after Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/age-of-empires-2/6b3487eb-b36d-4388-8128-a1d120b97950
  5. Age of Empires 2 DE

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Age of Empires 2 DE: I have pre ordered AOE 2 DE. I have a query that of I buy a new laptop or even format my existing one then will that application be available for these also under my account. I have paid for AOE 2 DE and I am planning to buy a new laptop in some time. Will this app be...
  6. Age of Empires 2 DE

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Age of Empires 2 DE: I have pre ordered AOE 2 DE. I have a query that of I buy a new laptop or even format my existing one then will that application be available for these also under my account. I have paid for AOE 2 DE and I am planning to buy a new laptop in some time. Will this app be...
  7. AGE OF EMPIRES 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AGE OF EMPIRES 2: AGE OF EMPIRES 2 NOT WORKING WITH WINDOWS 10. SOFTWARE INSTALLS , BUT DOSE NOT RUN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/age-of-empires-2/c73caefe-edf9-4065-9065-5996fcaa80f0
  8. age of empires 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    age of empires 2: i install the game and it does not work on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/age-of-empires-2/03a7eca8-6d77-4673-b801-91ea81534bfb
  9. Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 2 Expansion not running.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 2 Expansion not running.: I have attempted to run these discs trying any fixes that supposedly would overcome this problem but to no avail. I even downloaded a digital edition which would only result in an error code when trying to unzip. I have attempted to use suggested downloads that some claim to...
  10. Age of empires 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of empires 2: I can't get the age of kings or the conquerors to work in windows 10. Can someone help? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/age-of-empires-2/ec72c405-54cf-4807-b19a-77830471d54a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. age of empires conquest directdraw issue

2. age of empires 2 conquerors windows 10 problems

3. age of empires two tells me to log in with administrator