Windows 10: Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 2 Expansion not running.

Discus and support Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 2 Expansion not running. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have attempted to run these discs trying any fixes that supposedly would overcome this problem but to no avail. I even downloaded a digital edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DennisLook, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 2 Expansion not running.

I have attempted to run these discs trying any fixes that supposedly would overcome this problem but to no avail. I even downloaded a digital edition which would only result in an error code when trying to unzip. I have attempted to use suggested downloads that some claim to have success with but still cannot make it run. I have overcome the problems with AoE 1-3, EE 1-2 as well as other old programs. I have gone to several web sites that offer help but still no success. I would appreciate any advice that could be rendered on this subject. It seems that there may be a missing driver for those programs but tried 1 but it didn't work.

:)

DennisLook, Nov 9, 2018

2. Age of empires 2

Q: I have both Age of empires 2 and the expansion disc, but it won't load the game and just bring up the troubleshooting menu. Please help.

ChrisHefty, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Age of Empires 2

Age of Empires 2 and The Conquerers Expansion Pack worked on my computer until I upgraded to Windows 10, now they are two of a number of my old games that won't work anymore. I've changed the compatibility settings, set it for running as administrator,
    nothing works. It starts like it's going to open it and then just does nothing.

wayne_jeffers, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 2 Expansion not running.

Age of Empires 2

lots of older games are not working, MSFT is aware and they are working to fix the problems

Hardcore Games™, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 2 Expansion not running.

1. Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 2 Expansion not running. - Similar Threads - Age Empires Age

2. age of empires 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    age of empires 2: Program won't run after Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/age-of-empires-2/6b3487eb-b36d-4388-8128-a1d120b97950
  3. Age of Empires 2 error downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires 2 error downloading: I bought AOE 2 D.E recently and can't get passed the installation process. It downloads till 281.4MB and then stops till the speed goes down and an error message occurs 0x8000704C6 'we couldn't connect you to the service'. I've tried everything, restarting microsoft store,...
  4. Age of Empires 2 Definitive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires 2 Definitive: This MS Store download of AoE2 Definitive Edition (released November 2019) is unplayable because the opposing side (AI) surrenders randomly, sometimes even before there's been a conflict. AoE 1 Definitive Edition played fine. Windows 10 Home fully updated. i7 CPU & 16GB...
  5. Age of Empires 2 DE

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Age of Empires 2 DE: I have pre ordered AOE 2 DE. I have a query that of I buy a new laptop or even format my existing one then will that application be available for these also under my account. I have paid for AOE 2 DE and I am planning to buy a new laptop in some time. Will this app be...
  6. Age of Empires 2 DE

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Age of Empires 2 DE: I have pre ordered AOE 2 DE. I have a query that of I buy a new laptop or even format my existing one then will that application be available for these also under my account. I have paid for AOE 2 DE and I am planning to buy a new laptop in some time. Will this app be...
  7. AGE OF EMPIRES 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AGE OF EMPIRES 2: AGE OF EMPIRES 2 NOT WORKING WITH WINDOWS 10. SOFTWARE INSTALLS , BUT DOSE NOT RUN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/age-of-empires-2/c73caefe-edf9-4065-9065-5996fcaa80f0
  8. Age of Empires 2/Age of Empires 2: Conquerors Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires 2/Age of Empires 2: Conquerors Issue: Hey! I recently formatted my pc and installed Windows 10, and I wanted to play Age of Empires 2. I tried to run it, but it wouldn't run saying "Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw. My specifications...
  9. age of empires 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    age of empires 2: i install the game and it does not work on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/age-of-empires-2/03a7eca8-6d77-4673-b801-91ea81534bfb
  10. Age of empires 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of empires 2: I can't get the age of kings or the conquerors to work in windows 10. Can someone help? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/age-of-empires-2/ec72c405-54cf-4807-b19a-77830471d54a