Windows 10: Age of Empires III Won't Launch

Discus and support Age of Empires III Won't Launch in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a CD copy of Age of Empires III (not a steam key) and am having trouble launching the game. Everything goes smoothly during installation,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JustinFausto, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Age of Empires III Won't Launch

Hi, I bought a CD copy of Age of Empires III (not a steam key) and am having trouble launching the game. Everything goes smoothly during installation, but when I try to launch the game, I get the 'loading' blue circle mouse cursor for a few seconds and then nothing happens. If I open Task Manager at this point, I can see that there is indeed a background process titled 'Age of Empires 3 (32-bit)'. I have another computer (also windows 10) with the game installed and it runs the game with no problems. I copied the entire game from this computer to the other computer, and it works with no problems (this doesn't solve my problem because that install is from my other copy of the game (also CD's) and I'm trying to make a new ESO account so I can play with my brother online). I compared the install files of the two computers and noticed that Age3Launcher.exe is missing from the one that will not run the game. If I uninstall then reinstall the game on the computer that runs the game just fine, I get the same problem as the first computer (game installs but will not run). This has led me to suspect that I am doing something wrong during installation.

I am running Windows 10 home edition (64-bit)

Here is what I have tried so far with identical results:

- Reinstalling

- Reinstalling using a different CD set

- Running the age3.exe in Vista compatibility mode

- Running the installer in Vista compatibility mode

- Copying age3launche.exe to the install location and running that (also tried this in Vista compatibility mode)

- Saying 'pretty please'

If you need any more information, or if something wasn't clear, please let me know. Thanks!

:)

JustinFausto, Aug 27, 2019

2. Age Empires Definitive Edition won't launch

Thank you for keeping us updated. To continue troubleshooting your concern, we suggest that you download any free app from Windows Store and try launching the game again. We would also like to know if the same issue occurs when you are using a different
    account to launch the game. If another account is able to launch the game, sign in to your account again and launch the game on Windows Store by following the steps below:

• Open the Windows Store and click on the profile icon.
    • Go to the Library or My Library and launch the game there.

If the issue persists, check the antivirus settings on your PC if the game is blocked.

If the game is not blocked or is already added to the whitelist section of your antivirus software, you may contact

Age of Empires Support
    or post your concern on the
    Age of Empires community page
    for additional support and information about the issue.

Let us know if you have any other questions and concerns.

Loraine Mon, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Age Of Empires The Age Of Kings Multiplayer Crash

Hi,

This issue might happen if the Windows Firewall is blocking the game from connecting to the LAN.

I suggest you to add the Age of Empires the Age of Kings, to the exception list of the Windows Firewall and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by in the top right panel and select Small Icons.

• Find and click on Windows Firewall.

• Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall in the left panel.

• Click on Change Settings, find and check the Age of Empires the Age of Kings box for both
      Public and Private Columns.

• If Age of Empires the Age of Kings is not listed, then click on
      Add and select the installed path of the game.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Age of Empires III Won't Launch

Age Of Empires definitive Edition not Launching

Hi YonatanOhana,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential causes why you're unable to launch the game Age of Empire Definitive Edition. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more detail. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing this concern with your other games?
    • Have you tried launching the game using a different profile?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, you may click the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Age of Empires III Won't Launch

1. Age of Empires III Won't Launch - Similar Threads - Age Empires III

2. Age of Empires II Age of Kings Installed with Disc but not launching.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires II Age of Kings Installed with Disc but not launching.: I am trying to play Age of Empires II Age of Kings on Windows 7. I have the disc and I am able to successfully download it but when I go to launch it, nothing happens. It appears to try to load but then nothing happens, no error sign or anything. I am not using Steam, only...
  3. Age of Empires II Age of Kings Installed with Disc but not launching.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Age of Empires II Age of Kings Installed with Disc but not launching.: I am trying to play Age of Empires II Age of Kings on Windows 7. I have the disc and I am able to successfully download it but when I go to launch it, nothing happens. It appears to try to load but then nothing happens, no error sign or anything. I am not using Steam, only...
  4. Age Of Empires III Definitive Edition - Brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age Of Empires III Definitive Edition - Brightness: I just bought AOE III Definitive edition and running it the part is very dark. The UI looks in the correct light but the game does not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/age-of-empires-iii-definitive-edition-brightness/a1756a01-4e55-4d43-a930-928bd959a0ca
  5. Age of Empires III Warchiefs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Age of Empires III Warchiefs: Prezados, Tenho o jogo original mas perdi a serial key do jogo. Como fazer para recuperá-la? Obrigado pela ajuda. Dear, I have the original game but I lost the serial key of the game. How to get it back? Thank you for your help....
  6. No se instala CD Age of Empires III (Age of Empires III CD is not installed)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No se instala CD Age of Empires III (Age of Empires III CD is not installed): Hola,Microsoft quiero comunicarles el problema que tengo al no poder instalar el aoe III en mi pc windows 10 el archivo uno lo abre aparece el setup de instalacion pero no abre nada. Espero que lo lean y lo tomen en consideracion para poder jugar con mi papa este...
  7. Age of Empire III ESO Account Creation Failed [101]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empire III ESO Account Creation Failed [101]: Hello. I bought Age Of Empire III long time ago. I decided to play it online today. I had never played it online before so I had to create an Eso account but when I tried to create it I recieved error 101....
  8. Age of Empires 3 won't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires 3 won't run: Hi I bought a disk copy of Age f Empires 3 the complete collection. I've installed the original game to my pc but after I've installed it I can't open the game and play it. It also won't even let me install the Warchiefs expansion or the Asian Dynasties expansion. I don't...
  9. Age of Empires

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires: So, I buy Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. Install it...then nothing. Won't start. Game crashes every time. Reset? Done. Restart. Done. Tried to reinstall. no change. Is the computer up to it? Quad core i7 16Gb...I'd say so.......
  10. Age of empire definitive edition not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of empire definitive edition not launching: I bought the game a week ago and upon launching the game, it would show the loading screen only to exit the screen automatically. i have checked many solutions over the net and none has given me a solution to the problem. I have tried installing to reinstalling to no avail so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. age of empires wont start

2. age o empires 3 the warcheifs not opening

3. Age of empires III wont launch in windows 10

4. age of empires 3 not opening,
  5. cannot install age of empires