Windows 10: Age of Empires will not work on Windows 10

Discus and support Age of Empires will not work on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Age of Empires Gold Edition it will not play on my Windows 10 system, I have tried all the things mentioned before and still no avail. is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by scrappy_player, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Age of Empires will not work on Windows 10

I have Age of Empires Gold Edition it will not play on my Windows 10 system, I have tried all the things mentioned before and still no avail. is there a version of Age of Empires in the original or AoE2 version (did not like AoE3) that will work on windows 10?

:)

scrappy_player, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Age Of Empires The Age Of Kings Multiplayer Crash

Hi,

This issue might happen if the Windows Firewall is blocking the game from connecting to the LAN.

I suggest you to add the Age of Empires the Age of Kings, to the exception list of the Windows Firewall and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by in the top right panel and select Small Icons.

• Find and click on Windows Firewall.

• Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall in the left panel.

• Click on Change Settings, find and check the Age of Empires the Age of Kings box for both
      Public and Private Columns.

• If Age of Empires the Age of Kings is not listed, then click on
      Add and select the installed path of the game.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Age Of Empires 3 Remake?

Hi,

We appreciate your interest with this game. The availability of Age of Empires III on Windows 10 is yet to be determined. Age of Empires®: Castle Siege is the game version that you may download and play on a Windows 10 PC. See

Age of Empires®: Castle Siege product details page
    for more information.

Our Windows 10 developers are collating suggestions for the improvement of your Windows 10 gaming experience. You may add this game as a recommendation using the Windows 10 Feedback app. Refer to

Send us feedback
    for the steps.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. We're here to clear things up.

Catherine Cus., Nov 11, 2019
  4. Age of Empires will not work on Windows 10

AGE OF EMPIRES 2

Age of Empires and Age of Empires 2 do not work properly with Windows 10, but Age of Empires 2 HD and Age of Empires III is available on Steam

I have all of Microsoft's available remastered games in Steam

HARDCORE GAMES™, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Age of Empires will not work on Windows 10

1. Age of Empires will not work on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Age Empires

2. Age of Empires II : How to get it to work in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires II : How to get it to work in windows: I read the previous thread with replies about compatibility, noCD or settings. However I have a different problem. My AOE installed fine compatibility XP SP2 during install it asked for direct play even though I have Direct X 11 installed I let it install directplay. However...
  3. Age of Empires II : How to get it to work in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Age of Empires II : How to get it to work in windows: I read the previous thread with replies about compatibility, noCD or settings. However I have a different problem. My AOE installed fine compatibility XP SP2 during install it asked for direct play even though I have Direct X 11 installed I let it install directplay. However...
  4. Unable to download Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition: Hi, I bought 2 years ago the Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition from the store on a sale since it was pretty cheap and I wanted to play it some day. Now that I come back to install it and sit to play it the Microsoft Store is asking me to buy it or purchase Game Pass. How...
  5. Unable to download Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

Unable to download Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition: Hi, I bought 2 years ago the Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition from the store on a sale since it was pretty cheap and I wanted to play it some day. Now that I come back to install it and sit to play it the Microsoft Store is asking me to buy it or purchase Game Pass. How...
  6. Age of Empires III - Complete Collection PC CD install on Windows 10 problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires III - Complete Collection PC CD install on Windows 10 problem: Hello,I hope you can help me. I am trying to play Age of Empires III - Complete Collection PC CD with The War Chiefs and The Asian Dynasties expansion packs.I installed it ok with the 3 cd's I just installed, just the base game, not the expansion pack. It installs fine, by...
  7. Age of Empires III - Complete Collection PC CD install on Windows 10 problem

Age of Empires III - Complete Collection PC CD install on Windows 10 problem: Hello,I hope you can help me. I am trying to play Age of Empires III - Complete Collection PC CD with The War Chiefs and The Asian Dynasties expansion packs.I installed it ok with the 3 cd's I just installed, just the base game, not the expansion pack. It installs fine, by...
  8. I have an old laptop Windows 10 I want it to only play a version of age of empires Windows...

I have an old laptop Windows 10 I want it to only play a version of age of empires Windows...: Have an old unused laptop with Windows 10. I want to use it to only run Age of Empires Windows 95/98/ME. Is this a possibility? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-laptop-windows-10-i-want-it-to-only/32d443c1-4742-4b65-a961-5c440f0db239
  9. I have an old laptop Windows 10 I want it to only play a version of age of empires Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have an old laptop Windows 10 I want it to only play a version of age of empires Windows...: Have an old unused laptop with Windows 10. I want to use it to only run Age of Empires Windows 95/98/ME. Is this a possibility? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-laptop-windows-10-i-want-it-to-only/32d443c1-4742-4b65-a961-5c440f0db239
  10. I have an old laptop Windows 10 I want it to only play a version of age of empires Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install age of empire gold windows 10

2. why does age of empires not work on my device?

3. why cant i download age of empires on laptop

4. age of empires ii on win 10,
  5. why will age of empires not work on my new pc,
  6. how come age of empires divinitive doesnt work on my device