Windows 10: AHCI and IDE

Discus and support AHCI and IDE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm going to put two SSD and one HDD into a desktop. They should arrive from NewEgg today. I know the SSD's need to be AHCI, but looking in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Soapm, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Soapm Win User

AHCI and IDE

Hello,

I'm going to put two SSD and one HDD into a desktop. They should arrive from NewEgg today. I know the SSD's need to be AHCI, but looking in the bios I see I can set SATA channels 1 - 4 as AHCI but still have the option of setting 5 & 6 as IDE.

Is it best to put the HDD on IDE or can I put it on a AHCI channel with no negative outcome?

I plan to set channels 5 & 6 as IDE for the CD/DVD player but there is an extra channel for the HDD. The harddrive is a Hitachi HDS5C3020A and the CD player is a H L GSA-H60L 16x DVD RW DL SATA.

Thanks...

:)

Soapm, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Rudy Mas Win User

AHCI vs regular Native IDE

If you want to change IDE to AHCI in windows 10, without a clean install, do the following steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin)
    • type: bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal
    • Restart PC and go into you BIOS -> Set IDE to AHCI
    • Windows 10 will start if Safe Mode
    • Open Command Prompt (Admin)
    • type: bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot
    • Restart and Windows 10 should load with AHCI enabled now

Until now, I had a 100% succes rate with this, but in the case Windows 10 wouldn't start, go back into your BIOS and set AHCI to IDE.

Rudy Mas, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Catalyst 10.9 AHCI question

When I installed the AHCI in my computer in the hardware list it was listing all the SATA in IDE/ATAPI section and written AHCI 1.0. Now that I installed the 10.9 AHCI drive from ATI website its now having only those 4:
    -AMD Sata controller
    -ATA channel 0
    -ATA channel 1
    -IDE controller standard double canal PCI.

Do I still have the AHCI function?

MohawkAngel, Mar 6, 2019
  4. AHCI and IDE

??IDE VS AHCI in bios??

I just wanna tell that I am grateful that some of you made threads about the AHCI funcxtion in bios. Now my computer is really faster and I fully suck the speed of my HDD even if its not a bomb. I can really see the difference and compared to before when I left it on IDE mode in bios it have no bugs. IDE was lagging sometimes..tried many stuff to solve these problems but after reformating again in AHCI mode its really faster, programs loads faster and comapred to IDE mode the HDtuner 2.55 dont read errors on my HDD. I wanna know if some of you see nreal difference by doing it ? But in the hardware list in my computer control panel its still written ATA and not SATA but the AHCI 1.0 controller was installed. Anything to tell me about it ? Also is there a place I have to go to download the AHCI 1.3 or should I stay on 1.0 ?
    Asus M4A785-M mobo here.

Thank you for all infos !

MohawkAngel, Mar 6, 2019
  5. all SSD HDD NVME devices must be set to ACHI only

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

AHCI and IDE

1. AHCI and IDE - Similar Threads - AHCI IDE

2. What will happen if I did the IDE and it didn't work then I went back to AHCI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will happen if I did the IDE and it didn't work then I went back to AHCI: I have a windows 10 computer. I wanted to download windows7 alongside it. I didn't want to enter windows7. It shows a problem and it has many options eg: start normal, safe mode or advance. when you click on any problem it shows another problem, so I looked for it and found...
  3. What will happen if I did the IDE and it didn't work then I went back to AHCI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What will happen if I did the IDE and it didn't work then I went back to AHCI: I have a windows 10 computer. I wanted to download windows7 alongside it. I didn't want to enter windows7. It shows a problem and it has many options eg: start normal, safe mode or advance. when you click on any problem it shows another problem, so I looked for it and found...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot on AHCI without first switching to IDE on BIOS, then back to AHCI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot on AHCI without first switching to IDE on BIOS, then back to AHCI: Please I need someone to save me because this is making me go insane. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 21H1I'm no computer expert but recently a friend suggested I buy an SSD and install my SO in it to improve my PC's performance. He works in tech so he helped me set everything up by...
  5. Windows 10 won't boot on AHCI without first switching to IDE on BIOS, then back to AHCI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't boot on AHCI without first switching to IDE on BIOS, then back to AHCI: Please I need someone to save me because this is making me go insane. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 21H1I'm no computer expert but recently a friend suggested I buy an SSD and install my SO in it to improve my PC's performance. He works in tech so he helped me set everything up by...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot on AHCI without first switching to IDE on BIOS, then back to AHCI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Unable to know if my device is using AHCI or IDE.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to know if my device is using AHCI or IDE.: Hello.....I have an Acer Extensa 15......I was trying to make a dual boot of Linux Mint alongside windows but I can't check if my device is using AHCI or IDE. There is no such thing as IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers in the device manager............and I don't know how to check it...
  8. IDE to AHCI new install Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IDE to AHCI new install Help: I have a somewhat dated system with AMD. I finally decided to switch from a mechanical to a SSD870 EVO. I'm not totally "new" to computers, but there is quite a bit I'm not familiar with. I bought a SSD because I do quite a lot of gaming and what not. HDD seem to slow that...
  9. IDE to AHCI help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    IDE to AHCI help: I have a somewhat dated system with AMD. I finally decided to switch from a mechanical to a SSD(870 EVO). I'm not totally "new" to computers, but there is quite a bit I'm not familiar with. I bought a SSD because I do quite a lot of gaming and what not. HDD seem to slow that...
  10. switching from ide to ahci works, but what is {current} in these instr

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    switching from ide to ahci works, but what is {current} in these instr: Switch Windows 10 from RAID/IDE to AHCI - Knowledgebase / Microsoft Windows - Critical Technology Solutions - Helpdesk Code: Click the Start Button and type cmd Right-click the result and select Run as administrator Type this command and press ENTER: bcdedit /set {current}...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. AHCI and IDE

2. windows 10 ahci vs ide

3. windows 10 ahci to ide

4. ide or ahci for dvd