Windows 10: AHCI Driver

Discus and support AHCI Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why does the Microsoft Standard AHCI driver out-perform Intel's RST AHCI driver? Case scenario; Fresh install of Windows 10 x64 on MSI Z370M gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mardoin, May 17, 2020.

1. Mardoin Win User

AHCI Driver

Why does the Microsoft Standard AHCI driver out-perform Intel's RST AHCI driver?

Case scenario;

Fresh install of Windows 10 x64 on MSI Z370M gaming pro AC with I5 9600k and Samsung Pro 860 Evo 1TB SSD. Running Samsung Magician benchmarks give me Sequential Read/Write and Random Read/Write results with standard drivers installed during setup. After updating AHCI driver with Intel's, Sequential goes up by ONE point but, Random drops by 10,000 IOPS. Reverted driver back to Microsoft's and sure enough, benchmark results in the random Read/Write results jumping back up the same 10,000 that were lost. Is there something wrong with Intel's latest AHCI driver?

:)

Mardoin, May 17, 2020

2. AMD Non-Raid AHCI drivers?

is there any xp-32bit ahci driver that actually works on the 790gx? i have to run my samsung sata in ide mode. if i use the amd ahci raid driver, the hd disappear completly from the controller list in AOD,start to work in raidxpert, and otherwise run normal, but no performance increase is yielded... any solutions?*Smile AHCI Driver :)

Velvet Wafer, May 17, 2020
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Intel AHCI drivers

IF, they are not the latest drivers, where are they coming from? Is Intel holding back? Is Microsoft holding back? Are they from the motherboard manufacturers?

Not trying to be confrontational...just want to know the source of the Driver as I believe that is what others are trying to express.

If they are indeed Intel drivers, why would they not be listed on their site?

jsfitz54, May 17, 2020
  4. windy81 Win User

AHCI Driver

AMD Non-Raid AHCI drivers?

yes, get vista x64 with Windows 7 upgrade voucher.

windy81, May 17, 2020
Thema:

AHCI Driver

1. AHCI Driver - Similar Threads - AHCI Driver

2. My MSI laptop does not let me install AHCI drivers so I can convert my disk to AHCI while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My MSI laptop does not let me install AHCI drivers so I can convert my disk to AHCI while...: I'm trying to prepare my system so it can dual boot Windows and Linux. Linux is not compatible with Intel's RAID file system, so I'm trying to convert the system to AHCI. Unfortunately, when I open BIOS to change the system to AHCI, once I try to reboot and open Windows, the...
  3. My MSI laptop does not let me install AHCI drivers so I can convert my disk to AHCI while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My MSI laptop does not let me install AHCI drivers so I can convert my disk to AHCI while...: I'm trying to prepare my system so it can dual boot Windows and Linux. Linux is not compatible with Intel's RAID file system, so I'm trying to convert the system to AHCI. Unfortunately, when I open BIOS to change the system to AHCI, once I try to reboot and open Windows, the...
  4. My MSI laptop does not let me install AHCI drivers so I can convert my disk to AHCI while...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Driver installation for intel 300 series ahci

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver installation for intel 300 series ahci: Hi all,Ive been scouring the web for the past few days looking for a Intel 300 series AHCI driver.Ive mostly been using m.2, so im not sure if the AHCI driver would be necessary, but I do have a Sata SSD that I occasinally may use whenever.Device Manager has not been any...
  6. Driver installation for intel 300 series ahci

Driver installation for intel 300 series ahci: Hi all,Ive been scouring the web for the past few days looking for a Intel 300 series AHCI driver.Ive mostly been using m.2, so im not sure if the AHCI driver would be necessary, but I do have a Sata SSD that I occasinally may use whenever.Device Manager has not been any...
  7. AHCI driver causes BSoD with "A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AHCI driver causes BSoD with "A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time"...: My Win 11 has crashed at least twice due to an error in the AHCI driver "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" version 10.0.22621.608 storahci.sys. The error messages are the same for both times extracted with WinDbg from memory dump:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed...
  8. AHCI driver causes BSoD with "A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time"...

AHCI driver causes BSoD with "A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time"...: My Win 11 has crashed at least twice due to an error in the AHCI driver "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" version 10.0.22621.608 storahci.sys. The error messages are the same for both times extracted with WinDbg from memory dump:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed...
  9. Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager: Hello, I really hope someone can help with this.I used Outbyte Driver Updater to scan my PC and perform driver updates won't be doing that ever again.... After the driver updates completed, I noticed that my Sata SSD was no longer being read / showing up in the explorer.I can...
  10. Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager: Hello, I really hope someone can help with this.I used Outbyte Driver Updater to scan my PC and perform driver updates won't be doing that ever again.... After the driver updates completed, I noticed that my Sata SSD was no longer being read / showing up in the explorer.I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nForce 630i ahci windows 10