Windows 10: AHCI PORT0 DEVICE ERROR

Discus and support AHCI PORT0 DEVICE ERROR in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After most recent win10 update I now get ahci error that gives me the option to continue by clicking F1 (I think). After clicking computer boots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveImhof, Sep 21, 2018.

1. AHCI PORT0 DEVICE ERROR

After most recent win10 update I now get ahci error that gives me the option to continue by clicking F1 (I think). After clicking computer boots normally. I checked the bios and sata mode is set to AHCI. Not a big deal but now I have to be present to boot the computer or it will stop and wait for me to tell it what to do.

:)

SteveImhof, Sep 21, 2018

2. "AHCI port 0 device error"

How do I prevent "AHCI port 0 device error from occurring at startup?

ClaudeCrawshaw, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Is AHCI enabled?

Hi Shumitra,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

Windows uses AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) by default, but it may not be enabled if your BIOS wasn't set properly during installation of the operating system.

Follow the steps below to check if ACHI is enabled properly.

a. Press Windows + X.

b. Select Device manager.

c. Click the arrow next to "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" to display the list of controller drivers currently used by your system.

d. Check for an entry that contains the acronym "AHCI." If an entry exists, and there is no yellow exclamation mark or red "X" over it, then AHCI mode is properly enabled. If
    you don't see an "AHCI" entry, or the only entry contains a red or yellow mark, then there's a problem and AHCI mode is not properly enabled.

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Sep 21, 2018
  4. AHCI PORT0 DEVICE ERROR

Am I getting the most out of my SSD?

Step 1
    Press "Windows-X" in Windows 8, and then select "Device Manager." In Windows 7 or Vista, click the "Start" button, type "device manager" into the search box, and then press "Enter."

Step 2
    Click the arrow next to "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" to display the list of controller drivers currently used by your system.

Step 3
    Check for an entry that contains the acronym "AHCI." If an entry exists, and there is no yellow exclamation mark or red "X" over it, then AHCI mode is properly enabled. If you don't see an "AHCI" entry, or the only entry contains a red or yellow mark, then there's a problem and AHCI mode is not properly enabled.

TheBrainyOne, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

AHCI PORT0 DEVICE ERROR

1. AHCI PORT0 DEVICE ERROR - Similar Threads - AHCI PORT0 DEVICE

2. AHCI Port Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AHCI Port Error: I have a pc with a 512gb ssd, windows 10 pro 22h2, and I recently got this error called AHCI Port 1 not working in BIOSToo bad i don't remember the error exactly but it was something similar to that.I was using my pc and It suddenly just froze and I tried Alt + Tab, Ctrl +...
  3. AHCI Port Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AHCI Port Error: I have a pc with a 512gb ssd, windows 10 pro 22h2, and I recently got this error called AHCI Port 1 not working in BIOSToo bad i don't remember the error exactly but it was something similar to that.I was using my pc and It suddenly just froze and I tried Alt + Tab, Ctrl +...
  4. AHCI Port Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Standard SATA AHCI Controller Hardware error in Device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard SATA AHCI Controller Hardware error in Device manager: So my computer does run fine MOST of the time but I have Blue Screens of death sometimes. All my drivers are good... but in Device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark on Standard SATA AHCI Controllers and it says "This device cannot start". I actually had it disabled...
  6. Standard SATA AHCI Controller Hardware error in Device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Standard SATA AHCI Controller Hardware error in Device manager: So my computer does run fine MOST of the time but I have Blue Screens of death sometimes. All my drivers are good... but in Device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark on Standard SATA AHCI Controllers and it says "This device cannot start". I actually had it disabled...
  7. Standard SATA AHCI Controller Hardware error in Device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Ahci Port 5 Device Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ahci Port 5 Device Error: Each time I turn on my computer it keeps saying achi port 5 device error what do I need to buy/do to fix this, I can’t use my computer at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ahci-port-5-device-error/ecfb140e-21fd-453d-9b3f-32f9a2bb8d93
  9. AHCI Port0 device error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AHCI Port0 device error: Whenever I reboot my desktop computer, I get this AHCI Port0 device error. It tells me to hit F2 to resume, which takes me to the CMOS Setup Utility. I exit out of that and all seems fine. I read that this could possibly be a hard drive failure. When I try to do a backup,...
  10. AHCI PORT0 DEVICE ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AHCI PORT0 DEVICE ERROR: After most recent win10 update I now get ahci error that gives me the option to continue by clicking F1 (I think). After clicking computer boots normally. I checked the bios and sata mode is set to AHCI. Not a big deal but now I have to be present to boot the computer or...