Windows 10: AI Suite 3 issue, the system cannot find the file specified.

Discus and support AI Suite 3 issue, the system cannot find the file specified. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing Intel XTU today AI Suite 3 has stopped working, the program would not open. I ran the uninstaller and reinstalled with no change. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kol12, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Kol12 Win User

AI Suite 3 issue, the system cannot find the file specified.

After installing Intel XTU today AI Suite 3 has stopped working, the program would not open. I ran the uninstaller and reinstalled with no change. I ran the uninstaller again an noticed after it had uninstalled that the AI Suite processes were still running in Task Manager.

When trying to manually delete all associated directories some files could not be deleted because the process was still running. I reinstalled again and tried to run the AI Suite 3 cleaner tool this time that I have but didn't appear to do anything. Now when trying to open the program I am greeted with: The system cannot find the file specified "AsusFanControlService.FanControlManager"

Has anyone encountered this before or aware of a fix?

:)

Kol12, Jan 5, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

The system cannot find the file specified (the WindowsConfig.vbs error)

Open Windows File Exporer

Navigate to:

C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\

If the file WindowsConfig.vbs exists:

Right click it and open it in Notepad

Replace all the contents of that file with:

Wscript.Quit

If the file does not exist in that folder, right click and choose New - Text Doument

Put this text in that file: Wscript.Quit

Then click File - Save As

At the bottom of the save as dialog, set save as type to *.*

Save the files as WindowsConfig.vbs

Note you must enter the vbs file extension youself

Restart your PC

DaveM121, Jan 5, 2018
  3. The system cannot find the file specified (the WindowsConfig.vbs error)

I'm getting an error saying this everytime I log into my account on the computer:

Script:

C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WindowsConfig.vbs

Line: 2

Char: 1

Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Code: 80070002

Source: (null)

Is anyone else having this issue and is there any way to fix this so that it can run the script and stop showing this on startup?

I have the file in the directory, but Windows is not reading it.

BrandondorfRaguz, Jan 5, 2018
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Jan 5, 2018
  5. Kol12 Win User
    Thanks! That's crazy, how did you get the info? It's definitely one that I have not seen before. Panicking I went deleted some registry strings and now it's complaining of Invalid class string "AsusFanControlService.FanControlManager"

If the beta doesn't install properly I'll have to restore an earlier system image.

Kol12, Jan 5, 2018
  6. Cliff S New Member
    If it doesn't install properly make sure you uninstall it again, then boot to safe mode and use the AI SUITE 3 CLEANER SERVICES cleaner tool

AI Suite 3 cleaner

This will make sure AIS3's services are nuked too.
    Then try a reinstall.

'

Cliff S, Jan 5, 2018
  7. Kol12 Win User
    Unfortunately the AI Suite beta isn't working for me, the installer won't load. Has anyone else faced this?

Kol12, Jan 5, 2018
  8. Kol12 Win User

Safe mode that's what was missing with the cleaner tool. Any idea why the beta installer isn't loading for me?

Kol12, Jan 5, 2018
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Are you selecting the "AsusSetup", there are a few other setups there, and can be confusing.

AI Suite 3 issue, the system cannot find the file specified. [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jan 5, 2018
  10. Kol12 Win User
    Yes. I run it and the loading wheel starts next to the pointer, I can see setup.exe in Task Manager but no GUI??

Edit: can update KB4056892 be installed before installing the beta?

Kol12, Jan 5, 2018
  11. Cliff S New Member
    yep*Smile

Cliff S, Jan 5, 2018
  12. Kol12 Win User
    Is the AI Suite cleaner supposed to run a program? I just get a window that pops open and closes very quickly.

Kol12, Jan 5, 2018
  13. Kol12 Win User

Edit: Any idea why the installer isn't working for me?

Kol12, Jan 5, 2018
  14. Cliff S New Member
    The first time it's used, it just says that the service is deleted or something to that extent.
    If you try it again, it does nothing.

Cliff S, Jan 5, 2018
  15. Kol12 Win User
    It happens so quickly I probably missed the notification. So it is normal for the window to open and close very quickly?

Kol12, Jan 5, 2018
Thema:

1. AI Suite 3 issue, the system cannot find the file specified. - Similar Threads - Suite issue system

2. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  3. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  4. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I boot my windows, this error code occurs :80070002. The script says that the system cannot find the file run.vbs. I have no idea what caused this. I have windows 11 on my laptop. Can you help me resolve this issue?...
  6. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I boot my windows, this error code occurs :80070002. The script says that the system cannot find the file run.vbs. I have no idea what caused this. I have windows 11 on my laptop. Can you help me resolve this issue?...
  7. System Cannot Find the File Specified

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Cannot Find the File Specified: Hi I've been experiencing this popup every time I start up windows. It just happened and I don't know what's wrong, what caused it and how to remove it. I've been scouring the internet for help but can't seem to find any effective resolution. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  8. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Support
    The system cannot find the file specified: In my downloads folder uis a file/folder I try to delete a file/folder gets message *The system cannot find the file specified.* files/folder will not delete [img] Suggestions? Ideas? 131559
  9. System cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System cannot find the file specified: Whilst trying to add legacy hardware and updating my 'Audio Device on HD Audio Bus', it successfully found the driver I needed for it(Realtek HD Audio), but it came up with the message 'system cannot find the file specified'. How do I prevent this so I can actually install an...
  10. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I try to access a file to upload to a hosting site I get “The system cannot find the file specified.” How can I correct this issue? I am currently away from my pc, so I cannot upload any screenshots. Steve 113437

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the system cannot find the file specified asusfancontrolservice.fancontrolmanager

2. aisuite3 the system cannot find the file specified progid:asusfancontrolservice.fancontrolmanager