Windows 10: AI Suite 3 issue, the system cannot find the file specified.

Discus and support AI Suite 3 issue, the system cannot find the file specified. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Edit: Any idea why the installer isn't working for me? I don't have any idea really, you probably just need to keep trouble shooting trying different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kol12, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Cliff S New Member

AI Suite 3 issue, the system cannot find the file specified.

I don't have any idea really, you probably just need to keep trouble shooting trying different things, until you get frustrated(like I do), take a break from it, come back later, and try again.

That's basically how I find & fix problems on my PC.
    After installing the cumulative update, uninstalling AIS3 and running the service cleaner, while you're still in safe mode run Ccleaner and it's reg cleaner(yes I use the registry cleaner).
    Rebooting, then try a reinstall.

Cliff S, Jan 5, 2018
  2. Cliff S New Member

yes

Cliff S, Jan 5, 2018
  3. Kol12 Win User
    That's enough for me tonight, will try this tomorrow. *Smile

Kol12, Jan 5, 2018
  4. Cliff S New Member

Ok goodnight, I hope you can get this resolved*Smile

Cliff S, Jan 5, 2018
  5. Kol12 Win User
    Anyone handy with Event log errors? The AI Suite beta installer is throwing errors:

Faulting application name: Setup.exe_unknown, version: 1.0.0.4, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.15, time stamp: 0x2cd1ce3d
    Exception code: 0x0eedfade
    Fault offset: 0x001008b2
    Faulting process id: 0xaec
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d387476eb53c97
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\MyPC\Downloads\AI_Suite_III_3.00.10\Setup.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 6b724bd1-c23d-4336-b5cc-0153b618bd43
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: atkexComSvc.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5a16766f
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000
    Faulting process id: 0x1fe0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d387477526d3ca
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\3.00.10\atkexComSvc.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: 689c7b98-f830-4ddb-aa2b-0558f4127f48
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Kol12, Jan 6, 2018
  6. Hi Kol12,

I get the same as you. I have never had an AI suite on my PC before but the setup after allowing to make changes does nothing and reliability monitor reveals similar errors to yours.

Scottyboy99, Jan 6, 2018
  7. Kol12 Win User
    Hi Scotty,

It appears that the older Z chipsets are affected with these errors. It seemed common from the similar complaints at the ROG thread. AI Suite 3 Beta Version 3.00.10 - user test/report thread

No idea exactly what the issue is, keyword KERNELBASE.dll perhaps? I'm not sure who created the AI Suite beta, it's not Asus official is it? Hopefully Asus are onto a more official fix? AI Suite is known to cause issues with other monitoring software but I haven't had any major issues with it myself. Right now I'm confined to fan control from the Bios and it does not offer as much control as the software.

Did you just get an Asus board recently or did you only decide to install AI Suite recently?

Edit: I wonder if it's possible to download Fan Xpert as a separate program? Will check that out tomorrow.

Kol12, Jan 6, 2018
  8. worf105 Win User

worf105, Jan 6, 2018
  9. Hi mate, only just decided to install today in light of the spectre etc concerns. I wanted to update my BIOS using it as I am running into a roadblock doing it from within the BIOS itself (another story). I don’t know chipset etc but I got the machine almost two and a half years ago so I guess the pro gamer z170 maybe an older chipset. But I see what you mean on the ASUS forum, quite a few with same issue

oh well I have tried but I guess I’ll have to hope the windows updates keep me protected -ish and stay on my shipped BIOS. I guess safe surfing habits need to be adhered too but I am very cautious anyway!!!

Cheers

Scottyboy99, Jan 6, 2018
  10. Kol12 Win User
    Worf you are legend! Right click the AI Suite III zip and click unblock, simple as that!

There you go Scotty, give that a try. *Smile

Kol12, Jan 7, 2018
  11. Ok great that it works! I will bear it in mind if I have another try. I ended up successfully flashing my BIOS in the conventional way (I was doing it with a wrongly formatted usb stick). That is why I ended up trying to install this in first place. I’m not one to tinker / overclock / modify fans so I’ll leave it for now. Cheers guys.

Scottyboy99, Jan 7, 2018
  12. Kol12 Win User
    Hi Scotty,

I don't think you need to have AI Suite installed to be protected against meltdown and spectre. Is that what you were concerned about?

I would steer clear of using AI Suite for any type of software overclocking as it doesn't have a great track record. What it does do well though is fan control and is probably the best there is if you have an Asus board. If your happy with the fan control in the Bios though there's no reason to install AI Suite than fan control. Good luck!

Kol12, Jan 7, 2018
  13. worf105 Win User

Glad it worked for you.

worf105, Jan 7, 2018
  14. Mixxitdj Win User
    WAY TO GO TEAM

the zipped file triggers a security setting, so if you dont unlock, the exe's wont work

PEACE

Mixxitdj, Jan 8, 2018
  15. Was reading this thread and saw your post. I am running AI 3 overclocking on my new setup and everything is running smooth at 5.01 ghz overclock. Was wondering what issues you have heard about so I can double check and keep an eye on mine.

stealth2920, Jan 9, 2018
Thema:

1. AI Suite 3 issue, the system cannot find the file specified. - Similar Threads - Suite issue system

2. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  3. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  4. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I boot my windows, this error code occurs :80070002. The script says that the system cannot find the file run.vbs. I have no idea what caused this. I have windows 11 on my laptop. Can you help me resolve this issue?...
  6. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I boot my windows, this error code occurs :80070002. The script says that the system cannot find the file run.vbs. I have no idea what caused this. I have windows 11 on my laptop. Can you help me resolve this issue?...
  7. System Cannot Find the File Specified

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Cannot Find the File Specified: Hi I've been experiencing this popup every time I start up windows. It just happened and I don't know what's wrong, what caused it and how to remove it. I've been scouring the internet for help but can't seem to find any effective resolution. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  8. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Support
    The system cannot find the file specified: In my downloads folder uis a file/folder I try to delete a file/folder gets message *The system cannot find the file specified.* files/folder will not delete [img] Suggestions? Ideas? 131559
  9. System cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System cannot find the file specified: Whilst trying to add legacy hardware and updating my 'Audio Device on HD Audio Bus', it successfully found the driver I needed for it(Realtek HD Audio), but it came up with the message 'system cannot find the file specified'. How do I prevent this so I can actually install an...
  10. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I try to access a file to upload to a hosting site I get “The system cannot find the file specified.” How can I correct this issue? I am currently away from my pc, so I cannot upload any screenshots. Steve 113437