Windows 10: AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does

Discus and support AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have Windows 10 Version 1709 (build 16299.248) and I recently learned that MP3 is a lossy format so I started re-encoding in AIFF but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mountain Mike, Mar 3, 2018.

1. AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does

Hello. I have Windows 10 Version 1709 (build 16299.248) and I recently learned that MP3 is a lossy format so I started re-encoding in AIFF but I noticed that in the music folder it only shows the track name. It's indirectly sorted by track order by putting a two digit number at the beginning of the song title (eg. 01 first track 02 second track) but it isn't showing the track number artist name, album name or any of that other information.
    I contacted Windows support and they did call me back and on the telephone they told me to contact Apple support, and that it may be a compatibility issue. So, I told themI posted this on their boards and the poster also stated that it's a compatibility issue. I don't doubt that this is the case but is there something that I missed? I'm including two screenshots. One shows file explorer with an MP3 album and another with the files in AIFF. I did use MP3Tag and opened up an MP3 and it was using Id3Tag v2.3 where my AIFF's are using v2.2. But I would think that they'd be downward compatible.

AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does [​IMG]

:)

Mountain Mike, Mar 3, 2018

2. Help with USB Flash Drive reformat issue or playing .aiff files on Windows 10

iTunes will not only play .aiff files but will convert them to mp3 which Windows Media Player does recognize and can play.

CassieMorrisonMN, Mar 3, 2018
  3. mp4 music files>right tagging

Hi,

Mp4 files are not music files. They are video files. Music files are recognised by .mp3, aac etc.

Converting music files mostly erases all the details. Do not convert them.

Use only mp3 files for all music details like album, artist...

You can also change the details of mp3 files from your computer using Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 by opening the properties of the MP3 file and adding required info in details tab.

Hope this helps you.

Srikanthsd, Mar 3, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does

Hi, I managed to find an aif file (not aiff) to download and my Details pane shows

Maybe you could upload an aiff file?

Note: flac is not lossy.. also the perceived loss with mp3's can be noticeably different dependent on parameters such as the bit rate. At 320kb/s you may well not notice the loss.. and it depends on your speakers and hearing of course.

dalchina, Mar 3, 2018
  5. Wow. I didn't know there was a difference between AIF and AIFF. I assumed that AIF was Windows' abbreviation (the same as HTML for MacIntosh is abbreviated .HTM for Windows). ITunes doesn't offer AIF as a format.

I did try to upload one of my AIFF files but it told me "invalid file"

When I click on the file properties they all read as .AIF even though iTunes doesn't offer that. I selected AIFF and Windows shortened it.

Also, I did in fact want to import as FLAC, but iTunes doesn't offer that. All my MP3's are at 320Kbps (or is it 320KBps?), so is it even really worth this headache to re-encode? I noticed the file size for AIFF is considerably larger indicating that there isn't as much compression so I once again assume that it's better audio quality. So, if I can't get this straightened out, what do you recommend to encode in FLAC format?

This attached image shows the options that iTunes gives me.

Mountain Mike, Mar 3, 2018
  6. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Mar 3, 2018
  7. dalchina New Member
    You'd need to zip the AIFF file for site compatibility to upload it.. and it may be too big, in which case via some upload site and post a link.

dalchina, Mar 3, 2018
  8. AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does

Unfortunately when I convert an AIFF to ZIP and I upload it doesn't add to my upload file manager. But that's OK. You guys found me a solution especially that article about the Apple compression. I think that's going to be my ticket. Thanks guys!

Mountain Mike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does

1. AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does - Similar Threads - AIFF music files

2. Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.: As the title says, I can no longer see the properties of the of music files in file explorer.I happened after I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack Full shell extension from my computer. I tried re-starting my computer to see if it would restore the music files properties'...
  3. Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.: As the title says, I can no longer see the properties of the of music files in file explorer.I happened after I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack Full shell extension from my computer. I tried re-starting my computer to see if it would restore the music files properties'...
  4. Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.

Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.: My specific issue is downloaded youtube mp4's and converted to mp3's with "Realplayer Downloader" and "Realplayer Converter" show up in my WMP library but do not show up in file explorer when accessing thru my cutter/joiner program. "Example" I've ripped 10 tracks from the cd...
  6. File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows...: When using File explorer I find useful to display file details Title, Tag, Keyword, Object, Comments, Properties, ... in addition to the default details filename, ype, size, last modification. I have added these details and they are essential for me for classifying documents...
  7. Mp3 files tag is not showing in windows explorer

Mp3 files tag is not showing in windows explorer: hi. I use win 10 N and windows don"t show mp3 tag in windows explorer. I download this file: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356 x x but I receive error : The update in not applicable to your computer. How I can fix this problem...
  8. Show only MP3 files in File Explorer

Show only MP3 files in File Explorer: Is there a way to make File Explorer only show MP3 files and not include all the album art. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-only-mp3-files-in-file-explorer/1c540234-e2e5-4560-ab97-43206658c134"
  9. MP3 file property details

MP3 file property details: When I update mp3 properties details contributing artist, a drop down window appears with artist names. How do I add artist to this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-file-property-details/16ba24b3-cbf1-48b6-864c-c88c978712bc"
  10. File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?: Hello, In Windows 10 using the File Explorer, When I copy/create a new .MP3 file onto my computer it is displaying the .MP3 info. and not general file info. in the File Explorer. Example: It displays "Name, #, Title, Artist, Album" etc. It should be displaying......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aiff music not showing details in files explorer